It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NFL Is Punishing A Player Who Uses Marijuana To Treat His Crohn’s Disease

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal

Listening to some of the players? I think so.

I'll admit, I'm not one to follow the in's and out's of labor negotiations among millionaires and billionaires...y'know?

But I've always been under the impression that the players left a lot on the table, and that that, most assuredly, won't be the case during the next ones.

I'm going to guess that this issue will be one "discussed".

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
No. The NFL is like any private business with its own rules, and one of those rules includes banned substances. Marijuana is currently one of those substances.

Understand, the NFL bans a lot of substances that are otherwise legal for people to use ... like certain cold OTC medications that mimic performance enhancers in a drug test because ... well ... they are performance enhancers if taken in different amounts.

So until and unless the NFL decides to revise its list of banned substances for its employees (players are employees), then it doesn't matter how legal marijuana otherwise is.

This is no different than another private business requiring a drug free workplace and deciding marijuana is one of those substances they don't want in their employees' systems for various reasons.

I take it then your ok with those people being on disability welfare instead?

I mean if they cant work work on the medication that helps them then what else do you do with them?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I agree that the NFL needs to fire their commissioner. Said this for about 5 years now.

But Adderall isn't illegal federally, so the comparison isn't valid. Its all about the schedule. Wanna get pissed? Talk to the DEA who refuses to reschedule it like they were asked.

What can I say? We keep electing assholes, and they keep screwing us. We must like it.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

and yet at the same time the punishment for using PED's in mma such as TRT or HGH recieved a much smaller penalty and suspension then nick diaz for testing positive when he was tested. on top of that the test he failed was from a lab deemed unreliable when they were brought up in a jon jones case. in nicks case they decided it was reliable even though the test wasnt handled properly and he passed 2 other tests by usada which has higher standards. the test he failed was inbetween the 2 usada tests. if u know anything about marijuana then u know that just isnt possible. so they handed down a much heavier punishment for a pot smoker who failed a test that wasnt administered properly, by a lab deemed unreliable, compared to people who fail test for steroids or hgh. its fricken unbelievable. if the players can drink alcohol then they should be able to smoke pot. anyones whos used both know that alcohol is orders of magnitude more destructive then marijuana. shoot caffeine itself is a much worse drug then marijuana yet adults and children alike consume vast quantities of it.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
It is RIDICULOUS that the NFL treat cannabis this way in this case particularly. If the players doctors say he needs it to maintain optimal health outcomes long term, then they have no business interfering. If I were his doctor, I would be busting in to the NFL and his teams board room so fast and hard it would make their repeatedly concussed heads spin, and I would have to sit these ignorant chumps down and explain that their sports science degree does not trump actual medical advice from an actual medical doctor, and to kindly stop messing with my patient.

Lol. Just picturing that in my head made me laugh. I'd like to see that happen actually. The NFL is completely stuck in yesteryear. I can understand wanting to uphold federal law, but they aren't even making an EFFORT to get federal changes in support of this. This despite COUNTLESS players advocating for medical marijuana. I mean come on. There is a point where it is obvious that as a corporation you have no care for the actual well being of your players.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
What can I say? We keep electing assholes, and they keep screwing us. We must like it.

Quote of the day... no wait. Quote of the year!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So how do you feel about the NFL pumping its players full of opiates while playing only to cut them off and kick them (and their habit) to the curb to fend for themselves once they are done playing?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Just look how they dragged their feet on the Concussion Issue...

Maybe [snip] can do the NFL™ like He did the USFL™? hahahaha

edit on 12.1.2016 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Nice..NFL, were you can punch your wife in the face on camera and get less
nfl-arrests.pointafter.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

Ya for sure Diaz was screwed on purpose, they do not like him and that is all there is to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join