It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do some people who have nearly died do not have a spiritual experience

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

The NDE was the most peaceful and joyful event of my life, only the time I was 'gone'. All I remember experiencing were those feelings, nothing visual or auditory. Wherever I went, I wanted to go back.

When I 'woke up' there was a dozen people around me, beeping machines and chaos, and for some reason I could not stop thinking about my family that had already passed away. Don't know what that means or why I thought of them at that moment, but those are questions I think about often.
edit on 27-11-2016 by Jennyfrenzy because: ...

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
No need to worry now, just wait until you die, then you know.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 808Funk

Maybe a NDE is just a brain glitch that not everyone goes through. Maybe everyone goes through it, but just like a dream, not everyone remembers it. Maybe not everyone has a soul. Maybe there's some sort of parasite out there that eats the soul, thus leaving the unfortunate individual without a soul to experience a NDE.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: chronfucius
There is also a lot of '___' released from the pineal gland, so comparing NDEs to a dream is pretty close as '___' is also responsible for those. From what I understand, lucid dreaming and sleep paralysis are also related.

Edit... So apparently the system locks out the abbreviation for dimethyltryptamine. I assume that's because it can also be synthesized as street hallucinogenic.

Yes, you are absolutely correct, I read about that: the body releases lots of serotonin when it's dying to make people feel peaceful and to make the process easier. D.M.T can cause hallucinations, which is probably why people who 'come back' to life feel they had a joyful spiritual experience. Our bodies are incredible.

What we don't know is why our brains release those hormones: is it to facilitate our end or to facilitate a transition to another state? I am not a religious person, but there's a lot science still don't know about our bodies functions.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Wouldn't be surprised if this is the case.

What we don't know is why our brains release those hormones: is it to facilitate our end or to facilitate a transition to another state?

It is interesting that '___' is released at the time of birth and death. It could possible be found in all living things, even grass.

Potentially every living organism in the world has '___' in it. Potentially. Every organism has tryptophan, which is where it comes from.

source

Rick Strassman's book ''___' The Spirit Molecule' is a good read, it's a little clinical but offers a lot of information on the subject.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I'll give you my two cents on the spiritual side of the equation - Maybe reality is subjective to the individual. In my studies of astral projection (another "similar" experience along the same lines as NDEs and Lucid Dreams), I was given this quote by a fellow traveler:

"If you only follow Robert Monroe's way of having a projection, then you will experience only the same things that he did".

I can't pull out what this individual believed from your post, but imagine this: If you grew up believing once we are dead, that's it, there's nothing more...Would you experience the same thing upon near-death that a Christian (who grew up expecting God or Jesus to determine if they return) would? I'd say you would experience nothing, whereas the other person would be told "it's not your time, go back".

The only time that I came remotely close to having one was when I had a nasty variant of the flu - I experienced pain like I never felt before, and couldn't move out of bed (think having sleep paralysis while being set on fire, and drugged so that you are hallucinating and getting dizzy at the same time). At some point in all of this, I got a calm feeling, and the weirdest idea came into my head, that dying might not be so bad. I no longer felt any fear (like I was removed from the suffering). Must have blacked out, because I woke up to sunlight, and had to pinch myself several times to make sure I was still alive (my cat was in the room, so I knew it wasn't Heaven).

The question that I have is: When the guy came to, did he not know what happened? Or did he just remember everything going dark, but he was aware of the darkness? Not remembering implies it was truly "lights out" (aka, knocked out). Remembering the darkness means that he was still aware, which would imply "something" was still there.

-fossilera

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: gadfire
It is like dreaming. Sometimes you remember, sometimes you do not. Same way with this experience.

You state that as if it is a proven fact. There is no proof of this in any way.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: chronfucius

I thought there was a way to synthesize it as well though.

There is. You weren't wrong. It's just super rare compared to extraction.

Maybe they'll do some public sector research soon to figure out of the brain really does create it in llarge enough quantities to account for NDEs.

That would be some amazing stuff. Even simply showing the pineal gland does in fact secrete it during dreaming and other claims that have been made.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
a reply to: Agartha

Wouldn't be surprised if this is the case.

What we don't know is why our brains release those hormones: is it to facilitate our end or to facilitate a transition to another state?

It is interesting that '___' is released at the time of birth and death. It could possible be found in all living things, even grass.

Potentially every living organism in the world has '___' in it. Potentially. Every organism has tryptophan, which is where it comes from.

source

Rick Strassman's book ''___' The Spirit Molecule' is a good read, it's a little clinical but offers a lot of information on the subject.

As i understood it it is actually found in everything, living or not. Unless i am confusing this chemical with another but i am pretty sure the molecular make up of D.M.T was the one that was found in all material around us.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Why do people ask questions we all know there are no answers for?

I would think they'd ask q's there are no answers to so far so people's brains don't deflate and turn into #e that would be my best guess aye.
edit on 27-11-2016 by Archonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Super rare? Well now I feel fortunate to have seen its effects first hand, or I guess more of a first hand description shortly after use. One of the... subjects?... in question described his perception of the world to have disassembled into something resembling Lego structures, another was a more typical OBE while another was more of a slow-time sort of thing. I abstained considering the potentially intended biological effect. (Dying might not be 'an awfully big adventure' having done it before.)

At any rate, I've been fascinated ever since. Joe Rogan (love em or hate em) has a lot of good conversations surrounding this topic and the only supposedly non-narcotic way of inducing a similar state, Sensory Deprivation.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy

Thanks for this info, I will look it up, I don't know anything about Strassman and this book.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: olaru12
To have a spiritual experience...first you need a soul.

Some "people" are just meat puppets. No spirit, no compassion, just going thru the motions.

Now that's an odd thing to say. How did you come to that conclusion? Or are you talking about psychopaths?
"Meat puppets" that's a scary thought.

Its a part of the ancient story. When YHWH invaded earth. In order to take it over, he moved a hybrid/crafted race with genetics, on earth to fulfill his goals. Thats how atlantians got corrupted and thats the reason atlantis sunk. Also the countless genocides and rapes and immigrations gave the today results.

Today those who call humans that when we die everything is blank and thats it... Its because thats a part of the initiation, to bring human spirit and soul into lower vibrations and corrupt it. Those humans without it thats how they feel as totally empty, its normal for them and thats why so much envy and negative vibrations.

Ask a mason in their initiation, if they are called "children of atlantis"... The corruption goes on as masons are the atlantian values puppets. (false beliefs, magick, false economy, false democracy, false science, etc) the 8 sirens in mythology (drugs, glamour, religions, politics, music, entertainment, etc)
edit on 28-11-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aeshma

I cant believe im going to say this but perhaps the experience was so emotionally traumatic he blocked it out.

My mate had a NDE once and said there was nothing but a void but then again from other stories I have read people who have experienced a a void like nothing then it shows that remembered something and there mentally conscious ?

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: fossilera

w what happened? Or did he just remember everything going dark, but he was aware of the darkness? Not remembering implies it was truly "lights out" (aka, knocked out). Remembering the darkness means that he was still aware, which would imply "something" was still there.

-fossilera

I agree there.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

To have a spiritual experience...first you need a soul.

First you would have to prove that some people are born without a soul...good luck with that

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Your soul or spirit leaves you when you die...having a "sucked soul" is still having a soul.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
The experience of dying and then coming back or brought back is likely different for each person. That is known, also is the indication of it being a chemical process that causes the NDE. Why don't some experience NDEs? That may be because they linger some time in the dark or sleep before waking into the next realm as opposed to having the NDE.

Being spiritual(but non Xtian), though am on the fence, believe there may be cases where these may be more than just a chemically induced experience.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
There's no such thing as 'near death', you are either alive or dead.

There is no logical reason why having the oxygen supply to your brain temporarily interrupted should give you an experience that validates belief in life after death.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone
As for my experience it is a proven fact. One cannot debunk peoples personal experiences. They can try of course but the person with the experience will not be convinced.

edit on 4-12-2016 by gadfire because: mistake

edit on 4-12-2016 by gadfire because: mistake

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join