It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Why do some people who have nearly died do not have a spiritual experience

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Was reading about ex Football/Soccer player David Gina describing how he died for 8 minutes after a huge heart attack before being brought back round and he said it was just like a TV screen going blank ?.Also read that when Australian media tycoon had a brush with dead he said he been to the other side and there wasn't anything there.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: 808Funk

Maybe for the same reason that not everybody remembers their dream?

I can have dreams worth days of story, yet when I wake up I often forget most of it. The only instance I remember some parts is when I stumble on some random key word or image.

edit on 27-11-2016 by swanne because: The TypoMaster strikes again! Who will dare stand up? Who will defeat this master villain which corrupts society? TypoMaster - the force which gave you the Mandela Effect! TypoMaster - the force which gave you SIRI instead of IRIS! Heroes - unite and stand against the vile TypoMastre!

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Maybe the question should be: why do some people who have nealy died DO HAVE some spiritual experience?

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Perhaps because our brains simply aren't capable of processing all of the information that comes with experiencing higher levels of reality. It could be alot like dreams in that we remember snippets of some and have no recollection of others. People who do experience NDEs have probably experienced things far grander than they're even capable of remembering - they just remember the bits that their brains can process.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
maybe they saw hell and their minds blocked it out because it scared the sh@@ out of them.
maybe they don't have a spiritual bone in their body good or evil and nothing registers.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
It is like dreaming. Sometimes you remember, sometimes you do not. Same way with this experience.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: 808Funk
Was reading about ex Football/Soccer player David Gina describing how he died for 8 minutes after a huge heart attack before being brought back round and he said it was just like a TV screen going blank ?.Also read that when Australian media tycoon had a brush with dead he said he been to the other side and there wasn't anything there.

NDE is caused by some electrons firing whilst using whatever residual oxygen they brain has left to use, meaning the brain is not fully functioning. People can still hear and visualize, but their brains are not on 'full mode' to process that information.

And it only happens to some people because, just like with every other physical phenomena, it's experienced differently by every person (for example, some have Alzeheimers, but not everybody do or will get it. And even though symptoms are similar, each person with Alzheimer's will experience it differently). Perhaps everybody has NDE experiences but only some will be able to remember it.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Why do people ask questions we all know there are no answers for?

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

There is also a lot of '___' released from the pineal gland, so comparing NDEs to a dream is pretty close as '___' is also responsible for those. From what I understand, lucid dreaming and sleep paralysis are also related.

Edit... So apparently the system locks out the abbreviation for dimethyltryptamine. I assume that's because it can also be synthesized as street hallucinogenic.
edit on 27-11-2016 by chronfucius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
To have a spiritual experience...first you need a soul.

Some "people" are just meat puppets. No spirit, no compassion, just going thru the motions.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Some "people" are just meat puppets. No spirit, no compassion, just going thru the motions.

Now that's an odd thing to say. How did you come to that conclusion? Or are you talking about psychopaths?
"Meat puppets" that's a scary thought.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: olaru12

Now that's an odd thing to say. How did you come to that conclusion? Or are you talking about psychopaths?
"Meat puppets" that's a scary thought.

In my youth, I ran with a very scary crowd. Drugs, alcohol, and the accompanying addictions can suck the soul
out of a person. Some can find redemption and reclaim their soul; some just don't care.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I have been doing research on this same topic for years, is a fascinating subject that is growing by the minute and getting some recognition. The reason if fascinates me is because I have seen visions since I was a child and have many experiences.

Many people will not remember any near death experiences because we chose what we want to remember or not.

But when the people is put under hypnosis many will remember those experiences.

Is all related with what we have been steered to believe while in this life and what we chose to bring with us before we are born.

That is why many countries around the world have people with more experiences of near death than here in the US, also people experiences or not differ from country to country, base on their religious or spiritual believes and what they are willing to share with others, some experiences are very much personal and special.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

In 2003, I had an NDE, luckily I was in the ICU at the time.

I don't remember anything, except the most extreme feeling of peace that I never felt before, and haven't felt since. For some reason, as soon as I 'woke up', I could not stop thinking of my grandfather and uncle that passed away.

For me, it was a spiritual experience; where I once feared death, I no longer do.

Why do some have spiritual experiences while others don't, I have no idea.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

First off...I did with a near fatal fall off a house....but some lacking spiritual belief and committment...even with weekend or once or even never church goers...just dont connect the spiritual.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: chronfucius

I assume that's because it can also be synthesized as street hallucinogenic.

People don't really synthesize it. It's found in lots of plant sources. It's extracted.

I'm not really sold on the whole abundant secretion of it in the pineal gland. It's so often said in threads but the evidence for it seems scant. *shrug*

a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

I don't remember anything, except the most extreme feeling of peace

No memory of anything visual or auditory? Just the feeling of extreme peace? Or the impression you were previously experiencing extreme peace?

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Why do some people who have nearly died do not have a spiritual experience

You should flip the question and ask why some people DO, because most people do not. There are thousands and thousands of near-deaths every day, and hardly any involves an experience.

It is just that 'nothing out of the ordinary' is not a very interesting story to report on.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I cant believe im going to say this but perhaps the experience was so emotionally traumatic he blocked it out.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

True, people have been extracting it for quite some time. ayahuasca for example. I thought there was a way to synthesize it as well though.

I also remember some ancient symbolism surrounding the pine cone shape alluding to brain cannabalism, but that one was also a bit shaky.

Maybe they'll do some public sector research soon to figure out of the brain really does create it in llarge enough quantities to account for NDEs.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I've seen my life flash before me and nearly died. It's a hard thing to describe when you see somethin like that. It shakes a person up hard core. Why some don't see anything I really couldn't tell you, everyone's different.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join