It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Silent as House Passes Resolution for Syrian No-Fly Zone — Provoking War with Russia

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights has reported that since 2012, over 60,000 Syrians, including children, have died in Syrian prisons.

This legislation actually is based on the The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights a one man propaganda center in England with likely MI6 and CIA ties.

I've exposed this ridiculous outfit of one man sitting in a dark room in England as the propaganda outfit it is with little real connections to Syria maybe other than a few smart phone calls

www.abovetopsecret.com...

this to fix whatever happened

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

This legislation actually is based on the The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights a one man propaganda center in England with likely MI6 and CIA ties.

man, that was hard. Can I have a link specifying that is where the legislation is based upon?

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This issue is a bit complex since on the face of it Trump is supposedly favoring the pro Russia side of the issue which usually is the democrats doing this.

However, since this issue revolves around the ME and Israel it therefore is a bi-partisan anti Syria atmosphere in the congress and presidency, as usual.

Trump comes in with a different angle about Russia, for whatever reason, and sort of throws a wrench in the usual Washington unity against any Arab country.

What people here will find out soon is that Trump will be pressured to go along with the usual hate Russia anti –Arab policy that even the democrats, (and as usual the GOP are on board).

Trump will be pressured from every quarter to abandon his idea about allying with Russia and very likely will change that idea once he gets in office.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Those are called checks and balances to help defend separation of powers.

My statement stands - Congress can pass legislation for a no fly zone however they have no authority to direct the military to enforce it. That power resides solely with the President as the Constitution lays out.

Maybe if you werent so busy trying to demonize people for supporting trump you would have time to educate yourself on the topic and be able to present a valid counter instead of one that has no bearing.

For starters -
Obamas deal with Iran is an executive agreement. Dollars to donuts you have no clue what that is or how it works, let alone the responsibility of Congress to other type of treaties.

Vietnam - While the President is Command in Chief Congress controls the purse strings. The checks and balance there is stopping the President from engaging in a military conflict by refusing to authorize the funds to pay for it.

I can keep going but I think it would be better for you to learn on your own in order to understand whats being talked about.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy

man, that was hard. Can I have a link specifying that is where the legislation is based upon?

Read it for yourself

www.congress.gov...

SEC. 2. Findings.

Congress finds the following:

(1) Over 14,000,000 Syrians have become refugees or internally displaced persons over the last 5 years.

(2) The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights has reported that since 2012, over 60,000 Syrians, including children, have died in Syrian prisons.

www.congress.gov...

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Turkey and Israel have engaged with their airforce inside Syria since Russia deployed their SAM's. The legislation does not create a no fly zone. It authorizes the President to establish one using the US military.

There is a difference between authorizing and action and implementing it. As an example the Russian legislature authorized Putin to invade Ukraine.. Most Russian supports in this read have argued Russia never invaded Ukraine and that the legislation authorized it but Putin didnt implement it.

Ironic, their position on this topic.
edit on 28-11-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy

originally posted by: Xcathdra

How are you arriving at your conclusion with Trump when this effort is led by Republicans in the House since 2012?

Ok.

What effort are you two talking about?

His trying to link Trump to this legislation when its been in Congress since 2012. or the fact this latest bill was introduced in July of 2016.

Considering a President Elect has the same authority as Joe Smith down the street I reject the premise he offers. Trump does not get the authority until 1201 on Friday Jan 20th 2017.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Those are called checks and balances to help defend separation of powers.

My statement stands - Congress can pass legislation for a no fly zone however they have no authority to direct the military to enforce it. That power resides solely with the President as the Constitution lays out.

Maybe if you werent so busy trying to demonize people for supporting trump you would have time to educate yourself on the topic and be able to present a valid counter instead of one that has no bearing.

For starters -
Obamas deal with Iran is an executive agreement. Dollars to donuts you have no clue what that is or how it works, let alone the responsibility of Congress to other type of treaties.

Vietnam - While the President is Command in Chief Congress controls the purse strings. The checks and balance there is stopping the President from engaging in a military conflict by refusing to authorize the funds to pay for it.

I can keep going but I think it would be better for you to learn on your own in order to understand whats being talked about.

Whom exactly did I demonize?

I merely stated my opinion that Trump will be dominated by the same forces that dominated Bush and Obama in the end.
It’s a standard conspiracy theory
Your just reading things that aren’t there…

Here is the post...No one is demonized

What is going on here folks is clear to people who can see.

Trump pretended to be a non-interventionist pro Russian candidate.

If you recall George W Bush used the same language as Trump did in his election in 2000 saying repeatedly that he was firmly against nation building and intervening in other countries.

It is clear now Trump has used the same deceptive playbook while he litters his cabinet with neocons, warmongers and military people.

There will likely be a false flag within the first year of Trump's presidency that they will end up starting a military operation with the target being Iran.

Also if you recall the congress is very willing to pass something that literally entices Israel to attack Iran

Also, Trump has criticized the Iranian deal numerous times and if and when he rejects the deal Obama made with Iran, then maybe they wont need a false flag

The election of Trump was not a smack in the face of the NWO globalist it was just a change in tactics from attacking Syria to Iran now.

This legislation is only poring gasoline of that fire

Also, in further posts, I merely am stating that the official PTB policy of destroying Syria is very powerfully backed in Washington and Trump, if he is at all sincere( which I doubt) will have a tough time going up against this.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Can I put this in here?

Just for the purpose of following quote;

Considered in Western political circles as a model of liberal economic reform in the Arab world

I'll have to come back tomorrow.
hgn
edit on (11/28/1616 by loveguy because: bed time

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Here is the post...No one is demonized

What is going on here folks is clear to people who can see.

Trump pretended to be a non-interventionist pro Russian candidate.

If you recall George W Bush used the same language as Trump did in his election in 2000 saying repeatedly that he was firmly against nation building and intervening in other countries.

It is clear now Trump has used the same deceptive playbook while he litters his cabinet with neocons, warmongers and military people.

There will likely be a false flag within the first year of Trump's presidency that they will end up starting a military operation with the target being Iran.

You did in fact demonize Trump by making baseless allegations based on legislation he has nothing to do with.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
spam removed by staff
edit on 11/28/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
spam removed by staff
edit on 11/28/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I wanted hillary to win as it would likely trigger conflict with russia, which would be entertaining. I wanted Trump to win as it would slap the sjws, the politically correct, it would secure our borders and stop a mass migration of radical islamic individuals(but most importantly it fulfills Simpsons' prophecy).

I got Trump, if the world can give hostilities with russia, it will make for a more entertaining world. The world is in the dawn of a new age, it would be interesting to see if open hostilities between the nations can impede man's ascension to godhood, though reality often hints at giving me what I want and denies me at the last moment(something I've grown tired of).
edit on 28-11-2016 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I just watched this report on the news as the Syrian government took back large parts of Aleppo and allowed thousands of civilians escape. The ‘rebels’ have been holding them there by force as hostages and apparently shooting them when they try to escape via the corridors opened by the Syrian government.

www.channel4.com...

www.independent.co.uk...

Also this bizarre video which makes me question the authenticity of any of the propaganda we are being battered with right now to get us to support this no fly zone. I already did question it but this just reinforces my feeling.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

What gives? Why do we have to force our will?

Its not rightly 'our will' being forced upon Syria, but the will of International Mega Corporations seeking wider control of more territory and resources over the whole world.

They make it sound like a Humanitarian venture for American Interests, but really its about greed and power of the wealthiest people on the planet. They aren't going to be satisfied with less than everything.

Whats difficult for most is understanding just how ambitious some are to get what they want.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Scouse100

haha yea, thats only a most recent exposure too.

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Lets not forget there is an information war as well.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xenogears
I wanted hillary to win as it would likely trigger conflict with russia, which would be entertaining.

WTF did I just read?

There are really people like you in the world?

We're

SCREWED.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Don´t worry, Russia will also declare a no-fly zone and put the sa400 to work... But they will advise first. Then when a couple more thousand men are killed on both sides they will all go back home saying they won the war and that they are the greatest on earth.

One more for Trump to solve muchachos.

THe crooked Bilderberger meeting would be the quintessential place to drop a nuke, wouldn´t it?

edit on 29-11-2016 by Pablito because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
It is certainly interesting that:

(1) Recep Erdogan of Turkey has said that Turkish forces are in Syria to support the Free Syrian Army and to end the regime of Bashar al Assad.

www.youtube.com...

(2) Russia's Vladimir Putin is reported to have asked the Turkish President for an "explanation" of this remark.

(3) Donald Trump's son Eric has just finished a short hunting trip in Turkey.

www.hurriyetdailynews.com...

(4) Prior to the election Donald Trump's son Donald Jr. met with Russian and French businessmen with diplomatic connections to discuss the resolution of the Syrian situation.

www.washingtonpost.com... eb54db157_story.html?utm_term=.4f39291e3346

(5) Sergei Lavrov is scheduled to meet his Turkish counterpart in southern Turkey on December 1, the first such meeting since November 2015, when the Turks shot down a Russian military jet.

www.hurriyetdailynews.com...

Is it possible that the Russians are going to betray Assad? If not, wouldn't they have canceled the meeting in Turkey between Lavrov and Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu? I hope I am way off the track with this.

Is it possible that we will see another attempt on Erdogan?

It's very hard to read the tea leaves on these developments.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join