It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian army recaptures part of rebel-held east Aleppo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

Bashar al-Assad’s army claims it has taken full control over the Hanano housing district, which is on the northeast frontline of the city’s eastern sector

In the 12 days since the renewed bombardment on east Aleppo, at least 201 civilians, including 27 children, have died in the besieged sector, the Observatory said. There were 134 rebel fighter deaths. The monitor also documented 19 civilian deaths, including 11 children, and dozens of injuries as a result of rebel shelling of government-held west Aleppo. Rebel shelling into the Sheikh Maqsoud district, which is under the control of the Kurdish YPG militia, has killed three people, it said.

I get it's rough to take back land from these terrorist. However more civilian deaths and especially children over the rebel fighters does not seem like a win to me. Too many deaths. Shame on both sides.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RootThemOut

This is off topic. Why did you post Pizzagate stuff here?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: standstrongtogether

The civilians are literally held hostage by these terrorists, they are not rebels.

They slaughter them, make men fight for them or they will kill their families, rape across the board, force them into starvation, snipe them, bomb indiscriminately, as of lately chemical weapon attacks anywhere they can, horrific barely describes this situation.

The Syrian army is made of up of Syrians, they are doing everything they can to minimize civilian casualties.

Take any kind of hostage situation where the perpetrator has no regard for their own life, they will abuse the hostages and kill them on a whim, at some point the police have to decide to rush in and save as many as they can.

The situation is much the same, this is a war unlike any that has ever been waged. The people of Syria are being slaughtered for a variety of interests from countries around the world, these terrorists are drugged out of their minds and indoctrinated into a BS wahhabi doctrine and then unleashed to destroy as much as possible.

edit on America/ChicagoSaturdayAmerica/Chicago11America/Chicago1130pmSaturday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
201 civilians living in a war zone were killed in 12 days, when I read stuff like that I immediately think of WW2 and cities like Dresden in Germany where 600,000 civilians died in allied bombings and suddenly 201 civilians living in a Syrian war zone doesn`t seem hardly news worthy.
it could be much worse.
edit on 26-11-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

I'm not nor would i ever say that the government shouldn't kills those pos. I'm very aware of what they do to the people there. I just can't see it as a win when more civilians died than these terrorist.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Yeah it's awful anytime civilians are killed as collateral damage. Also don't forget the 27 children that will now never have a future.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The house just passed HR 5732 FOR A NO FLY ZONE IN SYRIA,LOOKS LIKE YOUR GOING TO WAR.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
War is ugly. Deaths today are much less than previous wars like WWII where entire cities were carpet bombed. Total War.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Its exactly like every war thats ever been fought.... i know where you are coming from but these things happen in every war, it doesnt make it any less awful. Bosnia, serbia, rawanda, poland, libya, iran, iraq, afghanistan, Russia, germany, china, burma, tibet, canada, the us.. i mean the list is endless... the wreckless slaugther of civilians or native groups has happened in each of these countries through out history.. some more recent than others. Many with the intent to eradicate the target group by any means. Some indiscriminately you were there you died. Rape, torture, sick twisted experiments.

War is awful, syria is nothing new. Its hard to help because all sides are awful in their own way, but to stand idely by is no better. This my friend is damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I look not to refute your overall disgust, but i spit on your comment about this being unlike any war. Its exactly like all of them.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Society, and history will. Its the awful truth.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

I agree with you completely. I don't live in some bubble. I just hate that fact that children are killed on the whims of adults. I never said it was unlike any other war. In fact there have been way more gruesome wars than this. Guess we need to keep that population down somehow.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Looks like Syrian media and soldiers now trolling the rebels.

edit on 11-29-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Current reports say that civilians are fleeing by the thousands into government-held areas and the Kurdish neighborhood. Yesterday, the rebels shelled the Kurdish neighborhood, targeting the fleeing civilians seeking refuge there

The Kurds retaliated by executing some rebel soldiers they had captured.

Yesterday, there were reports that the White Helmets are pulling out of Aleppo. If true, that suggests that the Western powers have written off the city.

top topics

join