It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was this an Alien structure on Mars. From NASA 11-23-2016

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
While perusing the recent photos of Mars, I came across this image.
Here is the NASA web page: mars.nasa.gov...#/?slide=1528
Now go to Mastercam Left 2016-11-23 03:23:32 UTC
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

This is the area of interest:

This is a magnification:

Our choices; Pareidolia, this is really a natural formation of the Martian strata( although remarkably different than anything else seen in the series of either Mastercam Left or Right) Could it be a structure made from an unknown intelligence?

Whether it is the remnants of an ancient aqueduct,

or some unknown structure, (Puma Punku)

is open for debate.

edit on V222016Saturdaypm30America/ChicagoSat, 26 Nov 2016 14:22:44 -06001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Good find. It looks suspiciously geometric to be natural. No idea what it could be, but if it was part of a structure it would be a rather small one.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

SNIP

As for the pictures, There seem to be similar shaped rocks in the area as this one. Seems this one is more weathered and sandblasted than the others. So, I see a pattern of odd weathering of naturally formed geology.

SNIP
edit on 11/26/2016 by Blaine91555 because: SNIPPED OFF TOPIC BAITING

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueShaman
Good find. It looks suspiciously geometric to be natural. No idea what it could be, but if it was part of a structure it would be a rather small one.

I have seen some similar hewn or cut, unknown objects from Puma Punku. What ever this is (from Puma Punku) it too, is not very big.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I see it, as with all the "structures" I've viewed, simply as a formation of strata.

We commonly see crystalline structures here on Earth in the micro and macro scale. These typically form straight lines and right angles similar to what we humans build for structures and roadways. I see a resemblance in the stones of Mars in that they have a similar appearance to natural formations here on Earth.

Until I see photographic evidence of a building with windows, rooftop, (satellite dish HA!) or other obvious lifeform developments, I remain skeptical. More than skeptical, an honest disbeliever.

Other than that, I enjoy perusing through the pictures and the effort taken to show examples.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

... There seem to be similar shaped rocks in the area as this one. Seems this one is more weathered and sandblasted than the others. So, I see a pattern of odd weathering of naturally formed geology.

ETA: You still have not answered my original question as to why thr(sic) change in thread title after no S&F or discussion happened from the original one.

I'll answer your question, after you provide photos of your " similar shaped rocks in the area as this one" from the same day as these were taken from NASA. Other than that, your pathetic attempt to troll and derail this thread is noted.
I'm still waiting for those photos.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Why can't natural rock formations be geometrical?

www.google.com... BykQ_AUICCgB

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
dbl post, del
edit on 26-11-2016 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: havok

I see it, as with all the "structures" I've viewed, simply as a formation of strata.

We commonly see crystalline structures here on Earth in the micro and macro scale. These typically form straight lines and right angles similar to what we humans build for structures and roadways. I see a resemblance in the stones of Mars in that they have a similar appearance to natural formations here on Earth.

Until I see photographic evidence of a building with windows, rooftop, (satellite dish HA!) or other obvious lifeform developments, I remain skeptical. More than skeptical, an honest disbeliever.
Other than that, I enjoy perusing through the pictures and the effort taken to show examples.

I appreciate your input Havoc. My Undergraduate classes were in Geology. I have never seen single, large crystal formations like this anywhere in the world. If you have the time, would you mind providing some photos or links?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech

Actually they can, and are quite numerous. But as far as Martian geology, this structure is alone and unrelated to it's surroundings.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech

So because rocks can be geometrical.. that rules out all traces of past civilizations on other plants we gets pictures of.
Great way to eliminate all future discoveries.

Great thread OP

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Finding symmetrical structures with parallel 90 degree projections that are squared with perfect right angles in nature is virtually impossible. According to modern science. But it's odd we never hear NASA even speaking about these anomalies when viewed in Mars images, and that in itself is an anomaly. So it could very well mean that someone put it there, and not nature.

You would think they would be very astonished even if it was created by nature, and would be talking about it to try and discover the mechanism that nature could accomplish that, and this one isn't by far the only one that seems impossible on Mars.
edit on 26-11-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Mars has limited erosion compared to earth. Dry, thin layers of fine dust put down for eons, pressed into soft strata (like sandstone), and then Hammered by impactors for millions of years. Every place looks like blasted by ground seismic waves from impacts. The surface bedrock is broken, cracked and fractured, everywhere. Boulders are littering the scape, thrown there the same way we see on Earth in some places.

Because rains and floods haven't washed a lot of these places away, the litter of broken rocks everywhere is still there.

We see it and go ancient bricks... meh.

Oh look, an old brick wall !

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Another thing that sets this one apart from anything found in nature, is how the two shafts join perfectly and at right angles to the joint, except there is no break or seam. It is as if it was poured like concrete or cut. No naturally forming geometry, not even crystals do that. Never 2 together and parallel at 90 degree angles to another straight shaft, and same thickness for all the parts. Not going to find anything like that in nature, or in any of those previously linked geometrical natural formations with all those pictures.

edit on 26-11-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Right!
Then I saw this as well.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

To be honest, that looks nothing like a brick wall.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

There are bloggers who go out exploring in the various deserts in the USA (Nevada, Arizona). Very often, they come across various non-natural features like concrete foundations of long gone buildings, old concrete buildings, and various artifacts.

These look like the foundations of old buildings or maybe some steps leading into a long gone shoreline.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Holy crap! I think I just found Osiris's lost body part!

Seriously, the above is an example of Pareidolia.
IMHO, the structure is not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join