It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahhh Black Friday, have you been out or plan to?/Video of Rotten Black Friday shoppers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This made me laugh.

edit on 24-11-2016 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Wow someone even uses their turn signal in the parking lot in 1983. How things have changed, it sucks.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Crowds make me nervous. Huge groups of people with a herd mentality all bunched up with limited escape routes = perfect target.

No thanks. I've seen that go south before.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

For the first time ever, and only out of necessity. I have no use for overpriced, last-year's-bottom-of-the-line model TV at a fake discount, and I try to avoid large crowds of stupids. Luckily, I'm so far north in UP Michigan, even the only Walmart for many, many miles wasn't too crowded.

My daughter puked 418 miles into a 420 mile trip on the way up. When we arrived, I disassembled her car seat for cleaning. Buckles went in the sink to soak off the puke, the cover and (we think) the seatbelt went into the laundry. The seatbelt never turned up, in 3 days. We decided rather than running out with the ultra crazies looking for fake bargains in the morning instead of hitting the road home right away, we'd go tonight.

20 minute drive each way, we were in the store a total of 10 minutes. It was time for her to move on to a forward facing harness seat anyhow, so it wasn't bad except that we knew could get a much better one for $80 at Costco. The ones they had were all $130-160 for lesser quality than Costco, except for one that was $70. It'll ultimately be in the car they ride in less often, so it's ok. But there were 3 in stock. The first opened box was missing part of the buckle. The second had a bunch of chicken wing scraps dumped into it.

One remained, unopened. There were no old ladies throwing elbows in an effort to beat me to it, nobody stabbing vital organs to get it. We just threw it in the cart, walked right up to an empty express lane, and we were on our way.

I'm figuring my career Black Friday (Thursday night) batting average is now 1.000, and I'm retired. One trip to Costco between now and Xmas, and a handful of Amazon Prime clicks and the shipping is done.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra
Are they going to have the headset cheaper than $99? I have only seen them if you buy a phone. I have the phones, I need the headsets.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75
Wait til early next week. maybe a good price for the stuff.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Gotta love it!!

"It's Black Friday, doors open before your buzz wears off even...you can save up to 35%!!!

So you save $19.75...and then wind up paralyzed and have to have your spleen removed.

Wow...what a deal!! Kewl...where do I go sign up for that deal???

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Am i the only person who works a normal job and actually has to work today?

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I'm pleased to report (not that anyone cares but) that all of the young folks who went shopping yesterday eve/night returned home safely. They report that they witnessed no fistfights, pepper spraying, stabbings, shootings or tramplings.
They even doubled back and went to the town west of us to shop and reported the same 'good' conditions there.

Perhaps it's due to the fact that although one may think Knoxville is a big city, it really isn't. It still seems to have a small town mentality although there have been incidents in the past years of Black Friday chaos.

They were home by midnight safe and sound.

The youngest bought herself a new winter pea coat, wool lined, for 75% off original so there were deals to be had in that department anyway.

Hope everyone has a good day whatever you're doing.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Nope. My Christmas shopping is done.

edit on 25-11-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zerodoublehero

I would, but because of hours constraints, I have to generally take about 3 to 4 days off every month. So I took this day off. One of the questionable "perks" of being stuck in part-time hell.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I'm glad to hear your family has survived the trials and tribulations of Black Friday madness!

I have been shamelessly addicted to online shopping this year and have a large chunk of it knocked out already.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I'm glad to hear your family has survived the trials and tribulations of Black Friday madness!

I have been shamelessly addicted to online shopping this year and have a large chunk of it knocked out already.

Thank you.

I prefer, mostly, the online route as well but, still enjoy the atmosphere of the mall and shops during the season.

I would have expected youngins to prefer online also but, there is no rhyme or reason to teenagers, I think.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Zerodoublehero

I would, but because of hours constraints, I have to generally take about 3 to 4 days off every month. So I took this day off. One of the questionable "perks" of being stuck in part-time hell.

By no means am i saying people dont work. It just seems odd i could not get off work if i wanted to yet millions get off for a fake holiday.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join