It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Aliens? Real Spacecraft? Does the Extraterrestrial Hypothesis Still Hold Water?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I have to scoff at all ideas that dismiss alien visitation based on preconceived notions of space travel and distances, reasons for visitation, and so on. We went from horse and buggy to space travel in a very short span. What will we be doing in 100 years? In 1,000 years? There is a NASA scientist who is building a warp engine in his garage for crying out loud. I don't think distance or time will be an issue for us in the future whatsoever.

I think: visitation is real but rare, most current sightings are mistaken sightings or something else, abduction is probably real, but also, very rare, almost all crop circles are man-made.. especially the fancy-shmancy ones. I think sightings have been fairly constant over the decades. The # of actual solid sightings is fairly static over the years. I don't think our or any government has been meeting with / making deals with aliens.

I also doubt we'll make any headway on boards like these, unfortunately. The sightings that get dozens or even over a hundred pages are usually something utterly ridiculous. And someone who puts together quality posts about sightings where something actually might be learned, get nary a glance.. and disappear after a couple of pages of posts. People enjoy sensationalist stuff.. not hard proof. Where is the fun in that? It seems much more popular to either try to prove a fringe case is real, or prove you know it's not. That is where most of the effort sadly goes.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

The WHY isn't that complicated. Why do modern humans make contact with aboriginal tribes in the deep Amazon jungle?

We're not talking about all of the ETs getting together in a big meeting and discussing what they plan for Earth. If they are living on multiple worlds already, with a population in the billions, and have access to natural resources equal to millions or billions times over more than Earth has.........

There is going to be diversity in their group. Some wanting to look at primitive planets like Earth. Others who could care less.

But if only 0.00000001% of them took the time to visit, and just wanted to see it for themselves, that would be more than enough visits to account for all the sightings that have been since the dawn of recorded history.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

However I do see a possibility that a 70 year secret could be kept if some kind of contact or discovery of ET had actually only occurred once or twice and the secret keepers understand very little about it to this day. That is basically my theory of how the ETH could hold water.

I dont have a good feel for how many are legit, there are many reports by credible people that are impossible to corroborate, no doubt many of them are mis-identifications. But reports like 1978 police helicopter patrol in Glendale where the object gets right in their face and really somewhat aggressive, either both men were lying (with their careers on the line) or it was an ET.

These reports dont need covered up though, no hard evidence and they fade from the news cycle quickly. I doubt there is much on file for the Levelland sightings, those in the know dont need any explanation, they just provide a quick cover story and case closed.

If they arent actively visiting us anymore as you suppose (Belgium wave is last good sighting Im aware of), maybe most of the evidence was destroyed and there really is nothing tangible to hide. Unfortunate Bill decided to go after Roswell instead of something like Levelland or Belgium (probably the same result though).

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Stop allowing the so called experts to control the situation and real change could be possible. I have experienced close to the highest level of contact and yet no one seems to care, not so much as the trouble to question me? Ok so why then are billions of dollars created by those who are experts in the field and that have had zero contact? It is Anti_Disclosure thats why... keep searching the Sahara desert for the sea...

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Nice work.

I noticed how you said brought into our conscious around 1940s. I have a Cpl of theories on that. 1. What if it is not possible to think any thing new what if everything we have ever thought of already exists in other dimensions, and all we are, are receptors of an interdimensional collective unconscious. Or 2. What if we create all the things we think of, in other dimensions.
And the collective unconscious and the more attuned of us can make these things materialise unconsciously to us, in its physical form.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

I had a simular theory throwing together some concepts like multiverse, quantum spin (imagination) and quantum entanglement (manifestation).

On a sidenote, I don't think we should be looking at a 'one theory fits all'.

If tomorrow a probe or nuts and bolts ship shows up (or disclosure), that wouldn't automatically explain all the other past cases. If we would discover another phenomena responsible for sightings we should never rule out alien visitation either. If the military admits faking sightings that wouldn't necessarily mean everything is faked.

We need to look at this case by case and if we learn a few things along the way it's win-win. Mind, all with proper research and valid arguments.

edit on 29-11-2016 by zeroPointOneQ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: JOHN60
UFO's are supernatural and are from Hell they are used by SATAN and his cohorts to fool mankind into believing we are being visited by aliens there is nothing else out there.The Bleesed Virgin Mary in her appearances at Bayside USA 1970-1994 told of what will happen in these end times.For more on this go to the shrine website www.tldm.org and look under Directives for the suject matter.Must go now my internet time is nearly up.Cheers John

Actually, I think it's trolls that are supernatural and sent here as vessels of Satan, God was also an ice-cream salesman.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: 111DPKING111

There might be a million sightings a year, globally, if one could factor in the unreported ones, which are probably the great majority of them. But even if you just use the 7000 or so a year reported to NUFORC in the USA.

That's a lot of sightings. Oh sure, lop off 90% right off the top if you want.. people staring at satellite flare or Venus or whatever.

So many people are "moaning" about the Phenomenon having left.. no more big waves.

Well, I'll grant you that big waves seem lower.. but I'm thinking that the Phenomenon is just as present as ever,
considering that it has always been here, since shortly after multicellular life began I'm thinking.

But then the real question becomes... why would the Phenomenon be seen more individually now, and less in terms of waves?

Of course my view is that real encounters are just projected into minds, so whether it's projected into one mind, or into a thousand at the same time would not matter.

It could be that the intended targets have been affected for the time being.. so we'll have to wait for the baby boomers to finish dying..

But I don't like overly anthropomorphized answers.

Kev

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JOHN60

Conditioning is strong in this one yes...

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Magnificent OP and I really wish I did have the time to address all of the issues raised here. Maybe I can come back to it at some point.

As a courtesy, I'll answer the question to the effect that I do believe the ETH idea is viable and worthy of further study. I say that all the while knowing that the ETH has several hurdles to overcome. As to other issues you raised, the Eisenhower agreement, Majestic 12 in particular, I think are probably more borne of urban myth. That being said, it doesn't disprove the ETH. I've wasted a greater portion of my life than I'd care to admit investigating the Nazi UFO business and have concluded its total bunkum. I'd guess the Nazi's may well have experimented with anti-gravity drive propulsion systems, but they didn't have nearly the computer skills necessary to achieve controllable flight even if they were able to generate anti-gravity/anti-mass drives. But again, that doesn't disprove the overall ETH idea.

Thanks for a great OP.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
great op and a mystery that has baffled this world for quite sometime. i do wonder where have all the ufo's gone? The good cases seem all in the past. That's the part I don't understand. The 70's 80's and even the 90's produced some great cases and as the years went on those great cases decreased until I can barely remember the last great case. I witnessed a huge craft in the 80's and it was only 20 years later that i learned there had been a ufo flap at that time just 30 minutes from where I lived in the town of Wytheville Va. I watched the unsolved mysteries episode on it and someone described the identical craft i saw. It is my only true ufo sighting to date. The ufo's are real but who is piloting them is the mystery. i always thought the trace cases proved they were here or at least had been here. They were more than just lights in the sky. i wish we could have more sightings like the old days, and in the digital age of fakes and manipulation I think our time of solving the mystery may have passed us by.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hey M.M.. Its really nice to see, that you "are back"... One to one of your questions does it still ophold; well it has to been the biggest secret ever, to been contained with such great success rate.. I agree, that if if it only had occured 1 & 2, it would have been an easier way too contained it..

Ufologi has hit a dead end, with the same people going around in the "circus" to repeat the same old stories over and over again, to keep the "butter on bread".. Overall, i think there is incredible stories (some with more or less evidence) but not with any "smoking gun".. I had for a while, the idea that; yeah we had been visited, and the government kept it a secret.. But after the years has gone bye, and no real Whistleblower (with correlatable evidence) has shown up, i personally sweep that (my one boyish) dream away..

I do acknowledge the huge amount of high strangeness cases from around the world, but still to this day, nothing concrete has arrived... So my to my own point, that boyish dream of finally se or show the spacecraft or what ever it could might bee, is gone.. But this is one subject i always will have my eye on..

and M.M. it is really great too read your Op.. you are one of my heros here on ATS...

ps sorry for spelling errors.. not a native english speaker...

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
Stop allowing the so called experts to control the situation and real change could be possible. I have experienced close to the highest level of contact and yet no one seems to care, not so much as the trouble to question me? Ok so why then are billions of dollars created by those who are experts in the field and that have had zero contact? It is Anti_Disclosure thats why... keep searching the Sahara desert for the sea...

Perhaps no one cares because they searched the Sahara desert and actually found the sea?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: keenmachine

......The 70's 80's and even the 90's produced some great cases and as the years went on those great cases decreased until I can barely remember the last great case.

I suspect a lot of 'classic' ufo cases had something to do with the Cold War. The CIA have admitted they used the UFO phenomenon as a cover for spy planes etc. And although we've had O'Hare, Stephenville a few other cases of substance in the 21st century I agree that the whole classic age of UFOs blinked out with the Phoenix Lights back around 1997.

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

"The evidence is overwhelming...that indeed something is here, and it is physical and it is extraterrestrial."

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Now Slideshare has suspended a MUFON UFO landing report that occurred on the night of March 8, 1977 near the small town of Fawn Grove, Pennsylvania with a low level aerial sighting of a fiery red ball of fire, including physical trace evidence of a UFO that had a fiery landing in a grassy field; next to an apple orchard --- I investigated an photographed the UFO landing area myself a few weeks later.

#1024, United States, Gatchellville, Pennsylvania, March 8, 1977, eleven [11] witnesses at various locations reported seeing a "red ball of fire" moving very slowly at very low level. Duration of sighting was 25 minutes. A ground fire was reported and an area 30'x100ft. was found burnt. In this burnt area, a triangular section was not burnt. The area measured 72"x54"x52"; a hole was found at each point of the triangle. [Report from John Lutz to CUFOS]

Special thanks to mirageman for preserving this MUFON report on ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's Allen Hendry's report on the same UFO landing incident...case #11471

www.nicap.org...
edit on 29-11-2016 by Erno86 because: link work

edit on 29-11-2016 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 29-11-2016 by Erno86 because: deleted a few words

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JoeHansen

Hey M.M.. Its really nice to see, that you "are back"..

I never really "went away" Joe. But thank you for the kind words. Is there anything interesting from across the North Sea in the Danish UFO files released a few years ago?

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

I think the link you want is this one : www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
a reply to: Erno86

I think the link you want is this one : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks again...I'll try to correct my link error on my post

posted on Nov, 29 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Here's one of my photos of the Fawn Grove, Pa UFO landing site, that I took a few weeks after the March 8, 1977 landing --- UFO landing zone around March 28, 1977 --- With 1 wooden guard stake placed by each [3] triangular [1'x1'x1ft] landing pod marks [with a 3/4" diameter x 3/4" deep hole in the center of each landing pod marks] by a licensed local land surveying company.

www.imgur.com...
edit on 29-11-2016 by Erno86 because: added a few words

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join