It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the hell do you "recount" electronic ballots?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Happy Turkey Day fellow heathens.

My question is how do you "recount" electronic ballots?
Do they compare the number of votes against who signed in, or is it just a matter of pushing f5 on a keyboard and in spewing out a number?

I personally want an investigation of how many illegals and ineligible voters were counted anyway.

Does anyone know what this so called "recount" entails?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Count the eletrons! Thats not complicated, man! (or bowl, shiny sphere, etc)

One little electron: Hillary.
Second little electron: Hillary. Or wait, that could have been Stein.

Or just believe. You have to believe.

Come on. I dislike that orange clown as the next person, but Hillary would not have been the absolute "better" choice. They were both awful.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The first thing would be to have a court order in such.

A percentage of the machines would have to be inspected and then a sample vote done to verify that the machines are working correctly, that the number of votes cast are the ones that are recorded. Any inconsistencies would be recorded and looked at in closer detail.

If there is a paper trail, and a print out of the totals, then that would have to be looked at, and here again, each one manually verified and looked at.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

What you describe is verification of the machines integrity.
If it was found that a machine was malfunctioning ALL of that machines votes would be thrown into question.
What you have failed to describe it any way to actually verify the recounting of electronic votes

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Very good questions. I'd like to know the answers too.

I will say though that not everyone uses electronic voting machines. In our district, I was prepared to request a paper ballot, but as it turns out, we were all given paper ballots, basically using a pen to connect the "arrow" next to the candidate we were voting for.

Regarding Michigan and Wisconsin (and perhaps PA, but I'm not sure), I would add another group to those voters scrutinized, which would be the snowbirds. ("Snowbirds" are retired folk who come south for the winter from their cold northern homes). I have personally heard snowbirds talk about voting here in Arizona and also by absentee ballot in their home state -- thus voting twice. But I doubt there is any practical way to even know.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Ridiculous.

A recount should not be handled on a percentile basis. If a vote was cast, it must be counted and accounted for, listed, documented, checked for verification, and added to the tally for the candidate it supported. One vote, one count, or nothing. There is no point doing half a job, or twenty five percent of a job, or any other fraction of a job. Count all the votes. Seems pretty simple to me.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Ridiculous.

A recount should not be handled on a percentile basis. If a vote was cast, it must be counted and accounted for, listed, documented, checked for verification, and added to the tally for the candidate it supported. One vote, one count, or nothing. There is no point doing half a job, or twenty five percent of a job, or any other fraction of a job. Count all the votes. Seems pretty simple to me.

Not if youre trying to steal an election

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I'm not sure about the technical aspects, but I'm pretty sure it begins by hiring an army of illegal aliens to count them.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

You can't.

They can't recount PA.
The machine votes can not be recounted.
The people making a fuss know this.
Since a recount is not possible, if they get approval for some kind of court order, it will end up requiring a re-vote.
That is what want, because they know a recount is not possible.

But computer experts says the old electronic voting machines have a hidden flaw that worries them in the event of a very close election. The machines do not produce a paper ballot or receipt, leaving nothing to be recounted if the election outcome were in doubt, such as in 2000, when the nation awaited anxiously for Florida to reexamine those hanging chads.
“The nightmare scenario would be if Pennsylvania decides the election and it is very close. You would have no paper records to do a recount,” said Lawrence Norden, deputy director of the Brennan Center for Justice’s Democracy Program, co-author last year of a report on the risk posed by old voting machines.

www.latimes.com...

If nothing else, maybe this close election will result in a new way of voting being developed for next time.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Or. Since the "computer experts" know you cant have an electronic recount, and she "wont" by paper ballots in those districts, just have the electronic voting machines tossed from the tally as being unreliable.
giving her "more" votes
edit on 24-11-2016 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
Happy Turkey Day fellow heathens.

I personally want an investigation of how many illegals and ineligible voters were counted anyway.

Investigating voter eligibility, and recounting the votes to see if the tally is accurate, are two different things.

At my precinct, they scanned my "sign in" card and my ballot, I assume if they had to they could pull out my ballot from the stack by relating the two documents to see my vote.

If it was determined that I was ineligible, my votes from my related ballot could then be deducted from the tally. I don't know if all precincts work that way.

If they had to "recount" they could take the stack of paper ballots and count the votes by hand instead of using the scan machine.

You should do some independent research, "same day" registration, no ID required to register or vote, early voting, liberal use of absentee ballots, and publicizing past voting records of voters are all created for the purpose of allowing voter fraud to occur.

I would wager that in excess of 99% of the population have some form of state issued ID, yet *always* democrats argue that obtaining and then presenting ID places an undue burden on minority voters.

There is after-the-fact verification of late registrations (such as sending registration cards to the registered address to see if it gets delivered by the USPS or returned "addressee unknown") but in a lot of cases the vote has been cast.

Over in Durham something like 250 "people" who same-day registered were found to be registered to an address that is a vacant lot in the UNC campus. What do you do with those 250 votes in that precinct, that have already voted?
edit on 24-11-2016 by LanceCorvette because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2016 by LanceCorvette because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I would argue that any election not decided purely by who got the most votes in total, is probably a stolen election, so in America, that would seem to be the only type of election you have.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Whatever sows doubt in your mind about the outcome. They aren'g doing a recount. The election is over. However from now on, the sore losers will build on this the same way they did Obamas birth certificate, creating division amongst peoples and that is the goal of any psypo they throw our way.

To keep us endlessly bickering amongst our selves about the stupidest #, that keeps flowing from some sewer pipe out there, so that we are so distracted by it we don't care where the bombs are landing and innocent people are dying.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well, if we let mexico vote for the US president by popular vote it is not any better

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Guten Morgeng-

I see You're from Germany? I just wanted to type 'GM' because I 'was' a German My last 'Life'... Now I get overflow like German dogs (6 Weimaraners • 1 AffenPinscher) and I'm on My 5th VW™...

Auf Wiedersehen (funny that Weimaraner is 'ei' and Wiedersehen is 'ie'...

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Whatever sows doubt in your mind about the outcome. They aren'g doing a recount. The election is over. However from now on, the sore losers will build on this the same way they did Obamas birth certificate, creating division amongst peoples and that is the goal of any psypo they throw our way.

To keep us endlessly bickering amongst our selves about the stupidest #, that keeps flowing from some sewer pipe out there, so that we are so distracted by it we don't care where the bombs are landing and innocent people are dying.

I agree about ending the senseless bickering, but jill stein just raised several million dollars to make this recount a reality.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

That would be illegal.
They can't disregard the votes of most of the state just because of that.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Simple
we hire this guy

Might take awhile.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

That would be illegal.
They can't disregard the votes of most of the state just because of that.

Legality never stopped them before

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

originally posted by: intrptr

I agree about ending the senseless bickering, but jill stein just raised several million dollars to make this recount a reality.

Alex, I'll take psyops for a hundred.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join