It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican cement maker ready to help Trump build border wall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
oh this is too funny. I was going to put it in jokes, but it true.

Reuters
"We can't be choosy," Enrique Escalante, Chief Executive Officer of Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua (GCC) said in an interview. "We're an important producer in that area and we have to respect our clients on both sides of the border."

Based in Chihuahua, a large northern state bordering Texas and New Mexico, GCC is one of the biggest construction materials companies in Mexico. It generates around 70 percent of its sales in the United States, where it also has three plants.

Escalante said Trump's plans to invest in energy and infrastructure in the United States augured well for the firm.

"For the business we're in, Trump is a candidate that does favor the industry quite a bit," Escalante said.

Well good for them! However, I do suspect that that part of the motivation is a deal they cut with the cartels to build secret access points and disclose every one of them for ease of transit.

We kind of need this wall for survival if we are to stop the unchecked flow of immigrants who do not arrive with their allegiance to America in heart and mind. That is what certain infiltrated political parties are trying to accomplish so they can add a voter base loyal to a party and not the county.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

The wall is not happening.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I agree that we need stricter border control. I have no problem with legal immigration, through the proper channels. The wall would allow for tighter control while creating jobs in the construction industry on both sides of the wall. I say go for it!

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I don't know, we got the Mexicans who are willing, the Americans who demand it. Only thing that is missing now is the financing. Maybe we can just sell advertising on both sides of the wall LMAO!

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
oh this is too funny. I was going to put it in jokes, but it true.

Reuters
"We can't be choosy," Enrique Escalante, Chief Executive Officer of Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua (GCC) said in an interview. "We're an important producer in that area and we have to respect our clients on both sides of the border."

Based in Chihuahua, a large northern state bordering Texas and New Mexico, GCC is one of the biggest construction materials companies in Mexico. It generates around 70 percent of its sales in the United States, where it also has three plants.

Escalante said Trump's plans to invest in energy and infrastructure in the United States augured well for the firm.

"For the business we're in, Trump is a candidate that does favor the industry quite a bit," Escalante said.

Well good for them! However, I do suspect that that part of the motivation is a deal they cut with the cartels to build secret access points and disclose every one of them for ease of transit.

We kind of need this wall for survival if we are to stop the unchecked flow of immigrants who do not arrive with their allegiance to America in heart and mind. That is what certain infiltrated political parties are trying to accomplish so they can add a voter base loyal to a party and not the county.

They provide materials, not perform construction duties. They are kind of like the Mexican version of Hanson. They can't help the cartels

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Then my original proposal of just redirecting our DOD personnel from a handful of foreign bases which we could and should shut down in less vulnerable regions to do the labor stands. I am sure they would be thrilled to be home and defending our actual border in real time.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
We should build a giant wall where we could do drag races on top

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be better if Trump and his Admin hired American companies to do this job?

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

The Wall will happen.

Now that Pot is Legal in Mexico, they won't even think of climbing over it,

and if they do try they'd be so high off their rockers they'd either fall and

break something or laugh themselves silly while talking to a cloud called

God way up in the sky.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I think you are partially correct.

"The Wall" will happen. Or to be more specific... tangible, physical barriers will be built.

There can not and will not be a continuous wall from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean. There are livestock and wildlife that pass between the US and Mexican border and that won't be interrupted.

That being said.... If I were given the opportunity to meet with the President Elect I would suggest a hybrid of construction. In the "no man's land" areas The Wall should look (and be) so sinister that nobody would even think about trying to breach it. However, that "toughness" can be offset at the normal/legal border crossings. There is no reason that developers and retailers can't take full advantage of this opportunity.

At the legal crossings (where LEGAL migrants/immigrants/visitors/vacationers) the wall should essentially turn into medium-to-high-end shopping malls with restaurants, boutiques, movie theatres and general attractions. YES... there should be check points on both sides of these legal crossings.... but there is no real reason "The Wall" has to be a "bad" thing in any sense of the word.

Regarding my aforementioned livestock/wildlife areas.... that's where technology and mobile manpower can take over.... with a few "real" detention/deportation centers scattered throughout.

I can't say if The Wall will or won't happen... but I can say that I can envision The Wall being built in a way that will benefit ALL "good" people.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Wouldn't it be better if Trump and his Admin hired American companies to do this job?

Obviously you don't understand the scope of their work...do you? They provide aggregates for making concrete and cement. Sure, US companies could do the same for basically the same price, but do you have any idea how much material it will require to build a wall that size? Just the freeking footing will probably be 4'×4'×4'. Do you know what happened about 15 years ago when China still didn't have all their quarries for aggregate up and running and purchased mass quantities from the US? The price for a yard of concrete went sky high. The same will happen again. Use Mexico's raw materials to build the wall...use US labor to do so. Win/win

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I believe if immigration is a problem Within this country, then round them up and legalize them.

*Cough* it could strengthen the economy?

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

I was about to comment on the post you commented on but then I read yours. So it would seem that D.T. supporters want jobs back but then are oh so willing to give them away. Now I am not saying that what you proposed isn't a good idea or a bad one but it does seem to go against the original idea of what Mr. Orange presented in the grand of things. Yes he did say that Mexico should pay for the wall but also talked about bringing jobs back to the America. Kinda odd how he can be on both sides of the field at the same time. The next couple of years will be VERY entertaining.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: spelling/missing word

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Yup and Trump wasn't going to be president either right?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Maybe those mexicans think that a wall could stop coming all the criminals and the weapons from the USA to Mecico?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I have to agree with you there,waste of money,most of illegal traffic is the black op's of both governments,more to the story,2 chances of a wall being built slim and none

top topics

join