It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mumia Abu-Jamal's Case

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I've recently became familiar with the story but am still undecided in where I stand. Where do you guys stand on this story?

For those who are unfamiliar, here are some links.

www.mumia.org...

www.mumia2000.org...

www.danielfaulkner.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Fair trial got convicted eveidence points to him....compare to say the West Memphis 3

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Come on man, his latest claim is that the mob framed him. This is after years of not being able to defend himself from the prosecution and not being able to exert political pressure to get his case overturned.

Besides, he's far more important after being arreted and tried than before hand, he was nothing more than a local DJ really, who the heck would want to frame him?

And, agian, he only recently came up with this 'the mob framed me' bit, and can't provide any evidence to support it or contradict the evidence that convicted him.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Fry Mumia.

Copkillers deserve the chair, that's my stand on it.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
sorry but he is guilty. I don't buy the bull

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Alright I'll bite. I in the middle really but I do believe he deserves a new trial. Here's some points.

- The alleged confessions by heard by the two police officers were not reported until nearly two months later. I can understand the trama of the situation, watching your partner and friend be killed. But this is still a bit much. One of the police reports said after the event, "the negro made no comments". The officer later went back to say that he too heard the confession but didn't not report it due to the trama. The defense attempted to call this officer at trial, however they were told he was on vacation and the judge refused to grant a continuation.

- The gun forensic's are in serious question. The defense never had the funding to do proper test. The initial report stated that a 44mm bullet was found in the head Daniel Faulkner, while Mumia had a 38 mm gun.

- Finally, the prosecutions lead witness were hardly credible people. Several other witness have came forth stating that they had seen a third man fleeing the scene on foot. One witness stated that the cops approached her saying that she would get immunity for some early crimes, if she would testify against Mumia. She says she knows one of the other witness was given this deal as well. Since, the time she has retold her story which contains some doubt.

- Finally, the same judge served in both Mumia's case and his appeal case. The judge is known for be "helpful" towards the prosecution.

I think we are kidding ourselves if we don't believe the cops wouldn't do this. I'm not saying this is the case here but I wouldn't doubt it.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
Fry Mumia.

Copkillers deserve the chair, that's my stand on it.

Dude you just killed my post...Postkillers deserve the chair, that's my stand on it

What if we said that against mods. You'd come back at me and said I had a double post. What if Mumia came back and said it was self-defense

Oh he can't he's being framed...that means whatever he says it won't help...ahhh that's what you call a political prisoner...

Banshee you got an encyclopedia?? Use it! Copkiller probably isn't it there. But political prisoner will be! Wow I expected more from you.

Have you read or heard his work. Any copkiller I know of would be dead by now. He's on deathrow because killing him would spark riots.

But then again what do you know about the lower escelons of society and who their heros are. I can see you are with the cop's, not the cop killers.

I hate cops who gas me, beat me and kick my azz for expressing my constitutional rights. I bet mumia hates the goverment for taking away his life.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
He's a cop killer. He deserves to die for it. If anyone seriously looks at the evidence, they will see that it's an open and shut case. The only reason we're still even hearing about it is because he's a militant who is adored by the radical, left-wing hippy democrats who love cop-killers.

Fry him please!

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
He's a cop killer. He deserves to die for it. If anyone seriously looks at the evidence, they will see that it's an open and shut case. The only reason we're still even hearing about it is because he's a militant who is adored by the radical, left-wing hippy democrats who love cop-killers.

Fry him please!

welp I am radical but I'm not left a wing hippy democrat that loves cop-kilers

The only people that want him fried are ignorant right wing coke snorting theives that want to pretend thier goverment its righteouss

how does this statement sound? Sound's just like yours. Mature and Well Informed. Thanks for participating.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Mumia is a cold blooded killer that deserves to be executed. Liberals swooning over him just reveals how criminal they themselves are as well as Mumia.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
statements like that should be executed. Tongues ripped out of people who state things like that and serial codes branded on their heads before they are shipped off to prison camps where they will do forced labour for those who don't hate people

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Mumia is a cold blooded killer that deserves to be executed. Liberals swooning over him just reveals how criminal they themselves are as well as Mumia.

The only reason we're still even hearing about it is because he's a militant who is adored by the radical, left-wing hippy democrats who love cop-killers.

You two are really way off. Why turn this into a Liberal bashing thread? Why do you have to blame evry problem that arises in society on Liberals? Both of you two should take your head out of the sand and take a breath because the oxygen deprivation is going to your brain. Here is one Liberal that says fry the cop killer.

Please get over your party and the idea that its #e dont stink.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
00PS, if you don't chill out with the insults, you're going to receive warnings.
This is unacceptable and you know it.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Ok, I went and looked at skippy.

I know there are portions of our society that truly don't doubt the mainstream media.

Threre are political prisoners in America today. Mumia is Black and it seems that around a Black man many people get angry and violent. I am not saying they are racist but it sounds that way.

Leonard Peltier is an American Indian. He is not a minority he is a person of his sovering nation, one of the many Indian Nations whose states are within the Continental USA.

I doubt people get as angry about his case. He is accused of the murder of 2 FBI agents. He was given a farce trial just like Mumia. But Mumia is black and his name doesn't sound like the majority of the population.

For the uneducated in our society that's already two against him. Mumia and Leonard are political prisoners. They are imprisoned because they are non-violent and active in their revolutionary and thoughts concerning justice and the treatment of people.

Thet same people who cry out against him with violent words are the same people that haven't heard him speak. You don't even need to read the propaganda and truth regarding his case. Just listen to his words and you will understand this totaly peaceful, non-violent, intelligent and political man is being held against his will by the United States of America.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Aren't they political prisoners too?? BTW I think Peltier may be innocent while Mumia is definatly guilty.

While I believe Peltier didn't kill the FBI agent I do believe he was involved and made an example of.

Oh and NOBODY I mean NO FRIGGIN BODY would roit over Mumia.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apollyon
Oh and NOBODY I mean NO FRIGGIN BODY would roit over Mumia.

That is the biggest load of ---- I have EVER heard... There would be 1000's of people that would take up arms... If they killed Mumia it could have the consequence of a revolt in America - Which is sorely needed...

Wake up - The arrest of Mumia was merely US Govt. Racist Terrorism and should be made aware of...

---K America and its neo-liberal, borderline facist, corporate backed, state sponsored terrorism and all those too ---KING blind to see it!

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   

FREE MUMIA ABU-JAMAL

Mumia Abu-Jamal is an award-winning Pennsylvania journalist who exposed police violence against minority communities. On death row since 1982, he was wrongfully sentenced for the shooting of a police officer. New evidence, including the recantation of a key eyewitness, new ballistic and forensic evidence and a confession from Arnold Beverly (one of the two killers of Officer Faulkner) points to his innocence! Mumia had no criminal record.

For the last 23 years, Abu-Jamal has been locked up 23 hours a day, denied contact visits with his family, had his confidential legal mail illegally opened by prison authorities, and put into punitive detention for writing his first of three books while in prison, Live From Death Row.

His case is currently on appeal before the Federal District Court in Philadelphia. Mumia's fight for a new trial has won the support of tens of thousands around the world, including Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Nelson Mandela, The European Parliament, Alice Walker, Paul Newman, Maya Angelou, Sister Helen Prejean, Danny Glover, Rage Against The Machine, the Detroit and San Francisco City Councils, Amnesty International, and many others. Mumia Abu-Jamal's fate rests with all those people who believe in every person's right to justice and a fair trial.

"I remain innocent. A court cannot make an innocent man guilty. Any ruling founded on injustice is not justice. The righteous fight for life, liberty, and for justice can only continue."
-- Mumia Abu-Jamal , Oct. 31, 1998

Facts about Mumia's 1982 trial:

1. The policeman was killed with a 44 caliber gun. Abu-Jamal's gun which he was licensed to carry as a night-time taxi driver, was a 38 caliber.
  2. The police never tested Abu-Jamal's gun to see if it had been recently fired. They never tested his hands to see if he had fired a gun. They have never shown Abu-Jamal 's gun to be the fatal weapon.
  3. No police officers present at Abu-Jamal's arrest claimed to have heard Jamal's "confession" until two months after it allegedly occurred. This was right after Abu-Jamal had filed police brutality charges.
  4. Abu-Jamal's doctor said that Abu-Jamal, who was unconscious, said nothing. He reported that a nurse found police with loaded guns pointed at Mumia as he lay unconscious in his hospital bed.
  5. William Singletary, a Vietnam veteran and local businessman, saw the whole incident and has testified that Abu-Jamal was not the shooter. However, the police forced him to change his story and intimidated him into leaving Philadelphia
  6. Other key witnesses, such as Veronica Jones -- who now testifies in support of Abu-Jamal, were harassed into giving false testimony. Two prosecution witnesses were given special favors, including exemption from criminal prosecution, for their testimony.

Elements in an unfair trial:

1. The Judge, Albert Sabo, sentenced more people to death than any other sitting judge in the US.
  2. The public defender didn't interview a single witness in preparation for the trial, and didn't have funds for defending a capital case.
  3. The prosecutor removed 11 qualified African Americans from the jury. He also argued for the death penalty because of Mumia's membership in the Black Panther Party, a practice later condemned as unconstitutional by the US Supreme Court.
  4. The racial bias of Philadelphia's courts has resulted in 120 people on death row, all but 13 were black.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And you still try to convince me America is a free and loving country...

www.mumia.org

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   
"---K America and its neo-liberal, borderline facist, corporate backed, state sponsored terrorism and all those too ---KING blind to see it! "

I would assume your refering to president bush's administration, and wasnt this guy convicted before bush was president?

My opinion is this guy would not be such a fuss other than 2 facts,
1. He's black. automatic support from the black community.
2. he's politically active.

Other than that no one would have cared what happened to him.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Fry him please!

I'm a "left wing Democrat" and I work in law enforcement. I know many "leftwing Democrats" and none of them love cop killers.You really need to watch your mouth Rasputin.
You sound as if you must have Rush piped in under your pillow while you sleep. But then a drug addict on the radio is the perfect mouthpiece for your kind.
Your kneejerk comments need to stay in the bottle, giving you time to form some real opinions. Maybe then you wouldn't parrot the divisive rhetoric you so quickly spout off. I think you just like to sound tough and have no original thoughts of your own.
That being said. I agree. The man is guilty and if the state he is convicted in provides for the death penalty, then that should be applied.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostSoldier
"---K America and its neo-liberal, borderline facist, corporate backed, state sponsored terrorism and all those too ---KING blind to see it! "

Originally posted by Trustnone
I would assume your refering to president bush's administration, and wasnt this guy convicted before bush was president?

My opinion is this guy would not be such a fuss other than 2 facts,
1. He's black. automatic support from the black community.
2. he's politically active.

Other than that no one would have cared what happened to him.

Firstly Bush has little to nothing to do with what is actually happening around the world... The US president is merely a puppet for multi-national multi-trillion dollar corporations... The problem is, Bush Jnr. is a President with almost NO concious - Thats why this is all happening now!

And of course the fact that he is politically active is why he is in prison, and why he is so well know... But I think that even if he was white, yellow or red he would be getting just as much as publicity...

Anyone with a moral-concious and inspires peoples power these days is looked down upon by the system, and almost any effort is made to stop them...

Lets look at history for a moment...

Martin Luther Kind - DEAD - Assassinated by the Govt.
Malcome X - DEAD - Assassinated by the Govt.
Muhammad Ali - WAS IN PRISON - For protesting Vietnam
Che Guevara - DEAD - Assassinated by Bolivian forces backed by the CIA
Cuba - EMBARGOS - left right and centre - the US has tried to destroy Cuba
The Contras - A US backed terrorist group, that killed, raped and terrorised an entire nation
Vietnam - Its still not even clear why they went in there

I could go on for hours...

America spreading "democracy" is the biggest sham of this era...
AMERICA 2005 - IS - GERMANY 1930

top topics

<<   2 >>

join