It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abandoned Alien Craft on Mars

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

If this had any substance NASA would have brushed it out or been investigating the crap out of it from multiple angles.

I would suppose that if this thing is indeed something...then NASA already knows about it...and this feature here was simply missed in the multitude of available footage.

If they are brushing out things...it would certainly be more then plausible that they miss a few now and then.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I beat you to it by over a year and a half :p

My Thread.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

If they are brushing out things...it would certainly be more then plausible that they miss a few now and then.

Not likely. They are looking for 'life elsewhere', too. You can surmise what they mean by that.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

You can surmise what they mean by that.

I dont doubt the desire..it's just that...no human being or human process is infallible. Thousands upon thousands of pictures are being released...there's just no way to be absolutely sure...that you airbrushed all the potential anomalies, and I doubt that any computer program could do the job adequately.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

You can surmise what they mean by that.

I dont doubt the desire..it's just that...no human being or human process is infallible. Thousands upon thousands of pictures are being released...there's just no way to be absolutely sure...that you airbrushed all the potential anomalies, and I doubt that any computer program could do the job adequately.

How long did it take u to notice the"anomaly". You think they release unreviewed pics from their publicity department? Ignoring for a moment NASA is Langely (CIA),I guarantee you they scan every photo with the scrutiny military people do after an airstrike. They would not miss something so obvious.

The "search for life" mission statement by NASA isn't just for microbes...

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Why do so many of these videos have a monotone, robotic/auto tuned narrator? Just makes the video more likely to be BS IMO

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

Possibly because text to speech offers up a form of anonymity? Or maybe they just could not afford Morgan Freemans dulcet tone?

I hate the dam sound of that voice also.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
nasa:
of course we are looking for signs of intelligent life out there..of course.
but..if we do find something you can be sure we wont tell you.
that would just muck up everything!

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Alien craft or not, I find this really interesting. It looks like it's eroded from sedimentary layers which reinforces the idea of former oceans on Mars.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Did anyone else notice that the veins in the slope/cliff face seem to flow around the object and do not look the same/as natural as the rest?
If water/wind? caused the veins/erosion in the cliff face and there was an object/feature in/on the cliff different from the rest, the formation of the veins from erosion would certain match what we are seeing imo.

It must have been there quite a long time.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

welll I dont agree...I've seen plenty of really interesting anomalies in last few years...they should have brushed them all out because they really arise suspicion. They failed to do so.

ALso...this feature if anything really resembles an craft of some kind...why would they leave it for everyone to see ? to reaffirm our conspiratorial belief that there is something on Mars and elsewhere ? why is that good for them all the while claiming opposite publicly ?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Spacespider

It disappears when viewed from above.

www.msss.com...

Apparently a "trick of the light."

Here is the NASA top down view photo.

This is the same top down view of the upper portion. Yup, there it is.

Same photo, except rotated 180 degrees. Aaand, yup, still there.

Ooh, trick of the light.
Probably Chinese lantern, swamp gas, Mercury or Uranus.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld
I beat you to it by over a year and a half :p

My Thread.

Yes, I saw that. Great find. I went back and SnF'ed you.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

A craft? If you look along the slope at the same elevation in the photo brought by oddnutz, you'll see other indications of a rock layer in the sediment. The UFO is just part of a rock layer eroded out from the hillside.

edit on 24-11-2016 by intrptr because: changed sand to hillside

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
Come on now guys. It's just a rock....with windows.

And who says it's abandoned?

Nice place for a vacation home.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: oddnutz

More than any other image of the object yours show more the illusion of a disk object. Its really just features along the ridge.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
It looks like a disk with shiny metallic appearance sitting on a prepared parking pad, with a view.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: oddnutz

Doesn't it look VERY reflective to anyone else? It sure does to me, and not in a naturally occurring way....

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: damwel

It is, isn't it? Looks just like it... Now there's a rabbit hole to go down.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

after downloading the full top view image and looking at from every angle I do agree with you somewhat.

If you orientate the image how it was presented from nasa it loses the illusion there is something sticking out of a ridge and you can actually see the smooth area below the veins is the bottom of a ridge/cliff. The small strip that looks like it divides a window? in the disk is just the continuation of the vein above imo.

I have changed my opinion and believe it is more natural that not although I we can not be 100% sure of anything due to the resolution of the image.

When you start rotating images, adjusting the sharpness and running filters through an image you can make it start to look like whatever you want it to i think.

edit on 24-11-2016 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join