It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I adjust to the empire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I gotta say, based on the faces of the millennials in my classes, it's business as usual in America.

But to me it feels sorta like the republic just became the empire. Sort of like how Anakin became Vader. The empire betrayed, and murdered, the republic.

" From a certain point of view. "

Post-truth post-11/9 America is a good place to be a Jedi. A Jedi can read the archetypal currents in the collective unconscious and orient accordingly. He doesn't need media. He can swim, float, or dive in those waters.

"The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.” ―Joseph Campbell

Not such a good place to be an average concerned citizen!

When I was young, America shared a handful of news sources. Then cable tv came and changed all that. And Rush Limbaugh came along. Ugh. I miss the simple days.

I feel like right-wing half truths and spin doctoring have done a personal injustice to Hillary. That's not the same as saying she's a perfected human being. It's just that people have been drinking RWNJ kool aid too deeply, methinks.

I feel like Putin & others tampered in our election. It's invalid. It should've gone to H. But hey, I still love you guys.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I think alot of people probably feel the same as you do.

From the outside looking in, it's pretty strange that a celebrity is now president of America, all we can do is see what happens in the coming months.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
America became an empire after defeating Nazi Germany, the elections have been a sham ever since, we did not heed to warning of the MIC.

Eggs and bacon for breakfast is the result of a successful propaganda campaign, so was the nuclear family (sell more houses if you break up the extended generational families). Courtesy Edward Bernays, who was rather vindictive over the Nazis using his methods for evil, but we'll not mention what US or any other modern nation has done with it.

I think you put too much stock into something that wasn't true to begin with, now you believe something happened that actually occurred decades ago.

Think of it this way, it had to be like this, too many people were already under the impression the 'elections are rigged', something had to be done to convince the public an untruth was a truth. Enter Trump.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Hit the nail on the head there you did. The angry half of the population that stopped believing in elections have been effectively placated, they believe the system is legit again.

Was but a mere pendulum swing to keep the machine going.
edit on 22-11-2016 by Thoren because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2016 by Thoren because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Thoren

Just noticed your location, Fremen.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

This is a good perspective to have, with the slight issue that the actual shift happened many decades ago. More like after WW2. The Clintons are some of the most corrupt, Palpatine-like figures on our planet. Not saying Trump is much better, I voted for Stein, but I was relieved that Hillary and her bunch won't have direct control. Witness the rise of Pizzagate and consider who these people have been the whole time. Palpatine would be a relief compared to them.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

sell more houses if you break up the extended generational families). Courtesy Edward Bernays,
Indeed. One of the most completely ignored or overlooked aspects of modern history. With mass production, the ability of the great industrialists to out produce demand, and hence not produce their desired profit, created the need to increase consumption.

One family, one refrigerator. Two families? Two refrigerators. American citizens were changed from citizens to consumers under the psychological manipulations of Madison Avenue and the advertising industry. Bernays, the double nephew of Sigmund Freud, was an instrumental pioneer in that industry.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
If you think it just now became the empire because trump was elected, you havent been paying attention.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Its not healthy aparently

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

They may have tricked us into eating eggs and bacon for breakfast, but eggs and bacon for breakfast is awesome. Add biscuits and gravy and its heaven.

Alas Id never be able to run that off if i ate it every day.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

The people became the empire, when they were made so stupid as to be fooled by either the clearly corrupt, or the covertly corrupt, into believing that either one was a fit hand to be placed upon the tiller of your nation.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Make the Empire great again, just dont get surprised when he says he is your father!

Yuuuuuugeee!

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Yeah but it wasn't just about politicians fooling people. People fooled each other. People would lie and say "oh, I'm undecided" when they were actually decided for trump. So, there wasn't the kind of open, honest dialogue that democracy depends on.

And then there's the Foreign meddlers.

top topics

join