It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump has a plan for government workers. They’re not going to like it.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I'm a federal employee, and I appreciate these kinds of changes--but then again, I'm one of the rare people who would put my own security on the chopping block in order to better the system as a whole, and from where I sit, there are a TON of federal employees who milk the over-protective system and exploit its protections.

And hell, I work for an agency that I advocate being abolished (or, at least, restarted from scratch and streamlined), so comments about reduced pensions and an end to automatic raises (step increases) don't scare me. I don't want to have to rely on a pension, anyhow, when/if I retire from this job--I'm working to get out of debt and invest money to build my own retirement so that I no longer have to rely on the gov't for my livelihood. That will be a sweet day when that happens.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Let's shut down the FAA and let the planes work it out among themselves as to how to land and take off.

There is so much redundancy it's pathetic.
edit on 22-11-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Well, that's that.

Judge blocks Obama administration rule extending overtime pay

A federal judge on Tuesday blocked an Obama administration rule to extend mandatory overtime pay to more than 4 million workers from taking effect, imperiling one of the outgoing president's signature achievements for boosting wages.

U.S. District Judge Amos Mazzant in Sherman, Texas, agreed with 21 states and a coalition of business groups, including the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, that the rule is unlawful and granted their motion for a nationwide injunction. It was to take effect Dec. 1.

Mazzant, who was appointed by President Obama, held that the rule runs counter to the federal law that governs who is eligible for overtime. The law does not allow the Labor Department to determine eligibility based only on salary levels, Mazzant said.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join