It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump has a plan for government workers. They’re not going to like it.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
You have to be careful with such stunts as it can easily backfire.

Our council decided to do a restructuring exercise to save money, most of the people over 55 just decided to retire on the current terms and most were still on rules from the 80's so they basically just could almost leave at will and many were still on their old contracts with just a months worth of notice even being management. The problem was that people were told they're getting a pay cut and deciding that with the leave they have accrued and the rules they could be told on Monday and be gone of Friday.

Sounds good for the public purse until you realise that theres been no hand over and no one knows what to do and the persons on a 3 week tour of Europe and the only contact number was their works mobile which they handed in.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The billionaire should pay his share of taxes.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

People retiring starting at 55! The retirement age in America is expected to be 70 for younger workers. I'm retired now; trust me, you don't want to be in rush hour with 70 year old drivers on the road going to/coming from work!

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Agreed, everyone should pay the same %. fair and no one is exempt.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

We have laws in place that should not be circumvented. My extremely hard working 74 year old father (upper middle class) gets hit harder than this billionaire.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Good.
Government employees should be treated the same as non government employees.
This should include elected officials too.
No more pensions, just 401ks
No more 30 and out, retire when you can afford it.

Everybody treated the same.
Flat tax..!

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Do think the billionaires who buy politicians are going to allow a tax increase on themselves?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

That's a rhetorical, right?

No, I don't. Messed up world, innit?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I think that billionaires should not have a say in what they will and will not be taxed.

Again...this is all exactly as planned, nothing to see here folks.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I haven't heard what the new president is going to do for taxes, more of the same?

I think that billionaires should not have a say in what they will and will not be taxed.

Again...this is all exactly as planned, nothing to see here folks.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
How about we start with congress instead of the working class folk that decided to get a good job?

Strange how some want to ignore that lots of people who work for the gov are working class stiffs like he said he championed.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Well if his method of "removing corruption from government" is simply taking powerless stooges and slapping them in the pocket, rather than dealing an effective blow against the corporate appendages rooting through the gut of government, I can only imagine that his tax strategy will include four hundred percent increases for the sick, poor, and aged, while giving breaks to anyone who does not need to earn another cent as long as they live.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Let's hope that there is a change. Maybe some auditing of the Fed.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Again, going by what has been bandied about so far, that does not seem in the least bit likely. If corruption prevention essentially boils down to screwing the civil service, then I doubt he wants to take on the owners of the Federal Reserve.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Trump said he will do an audit in the first 100 days. We will see.

edit on 21-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Those are the middle class decent jobs and he only hurts the economy by forcing corporate scarcity instead of increasing prosperity for all.

Its not the government employees we the people are denouncing, its the crooks in the hired elected jobs that are the problem, as they are legally obliged to serve us but don't.
edit on 21-11-2016 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I remember the outrage a couple of decades ago over a $500 hammer. Or something like that. Maybe it was a $500 toilet seat, whatever. Oh the outcry about government overspending. Hardly a word about the gold diggers who sold it to them.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99
Very true, I have worked for large corps, and you have lazy and hard workers. People are people, and taking from the rank and file isn't going to save a dime or lower your taxes.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Instead of reducing the govt. workers who maybe the only segment of workers who's pay stayed close to inflation, they should raise everyone else.

I'll call Walmart. Think they'll listen?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Did I just see the two words, 'hope' and 'change' in the same sentence? Excuse me for a second while I snicker into my shirt sleeve. Moving on, Audit the Fed? That is some real fanciful hope that is. The video you offer in another reply is from February, back when he was fighting with Cruz in the primaries. My bet is that was nothing more than a tactical statement to discredit Cruz simply because Cruz had failed to vote on the bill to do so.

That video also says that he 'doubled down on that course of action in a statement recently saying that that audit would be underway within the first 100 days of his tenure. Should this happen, and that is a BIG SHOULD, I will be surprised, but if it does, I think it likely to be done with kid gloves and end up with a glowing report.

But do me a favor, as my mind is already set against giving much hope to this course of action on the part of the Trump administration, and you hold hope for it, please keep an eye out for us all and get back to us when this happens. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join