It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An anti-Trump movement is calling for the boycott of these 32 retailers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

It's hard to separate Donald Trump's businesses from his politics. As a result, some are calling for a boycott of the president-elect's business empire and other companies that sell Trump products.

Shannon Coulter, a brand and digital strategist, started the #GrabYourWallet hashtag in October following the publication of a leaked tape that showed Trump making lewd comments about women. Coulter used the hashtag to encourage people who were offended by Trump's language and actions to boycott companies doing business with his family.

Following Trump's election, she and other anti-Trump Twitter users have circulated a spreadsheet with retailers that do business with the Trump family. The spreadsheet includes information about how to contact each business.

www.businessinsider.com...-1

This effort is probably doomed. Here is a list of the companies that would need to be boycotted:

6pm.com
Amazon.com
Bed Bath & Beyond
Belk.com (Southeastern Chain)
Bloomingdale's
Bluefly
Bon-Ton
Burlington Coat Factory
Carson's
Century 21 Dept. Store (NY, NJ, PA)
Dillards
DSW
Hudson Bay
HSN
Jet
Kushner Properties (Owner Jared Kushner led Trump's campaign)
Lord & Taylor
Macy’s
Marshalls
Nordstrom
Overstock.com
Perfumania
Scion Hotels
Saks Off Fifth
ShopStyle.com & ShopStyleUK
Stein Mart
TJ Maxx
Trump Golf Courses
Trump Hotels
Trump Winery
Winners
Zappos

#GrabYourWallet

This is pretty much the entire retail industry. The list of "approved" businesses is much shorter:

Home Depot
Washington Post
Pay Pal
Niketown (This last is being boycotted for other reasons.
)

You wouldn't think this would have much effect, but you never know:

On Saturday, Shoes.com announced on Twitter that it was removing Ivanka Trump shoes from its inventory. While the Canadian company valued at $320 million isn't as big as competitors like Zappos — which continues to sell Trump lines — this was the first time a retailer responded to the Grab Your Wallet movement by actually dropping Trump products.

@SoulSbia @paradexes @shannoncoulter We understand and your voices have been heard. We have removed the products from our website.

— shoes.com (@shoesdotcom) November 12, 2016

www.businessinsider.com...-1

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
The favorite stores of the left ? I dont see that happening

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Actually, the "left" favors Gap and Mom-and-Pop stores. The "right" favors big box stores for the masses and Saks and Bloomingdale's for the elite.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Lol all the "right" has to do is the opposite and start purchasing more from these places.
edit on 11/21/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
What would they make Hillary do? That is so complicated, I don't see how he can't but liquidate to meet honesty standards. I don't believe boycott is the answer.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001
"ShopStyleUK"
Double whammy for UK after the Brexit.

Crumbs, is this what the lib-turds have evolved to ?

Give them a colouring book, some crayons and stick them in a corner of a safe-room for life.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
Actually, the "left" favors Gap and Mom-and-Pop stores. The "right" favors big box stores for the masses and Saks and Bloomingdale's for the elite.

"Actually, the "left" favors Gap and Mom-and-Pop stores. The "right" favors big box stores for the masses and Saks and Bloomingdale's for the elite."

I am a life long democrat who voted the straight republican ticket for the first time in my life this year... I guess I just don't know what store I should shop in...Maybe I will just go with whatever appeals to me and not what some left or right label tells me to like.
edit on R402016-11-21T06:40:20-06:00k4011Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
What would they make Hillary do? That is so complicated, I don't see how he can't but liquidate to meet honesty standards. I don't believe boycott is the answer.

Trump should have started placing his assets into a blind trust the moment he started his campaign. He will be facing more and more scrutiny of his affairs in the near future because he did not plan ahead.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

I am a life long democrat who voted the straight republican ticket for the first time in my life this year... I guess I just don't know what store I should shop in...Maybe I will just go with whatever appeals to me and not what some left or right label tells me to like.

By all means; exercise your free will while you still have a chance.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
Lol all the "right" has to do is the opposite and start purchasing more from these places.

The irony is that the Republicans who can afford to shop at Bloomingdale's opposed Trump's candidacy; his "core supporters" can only afford to shop at WalMart. Maybe Ivanka can sell her linens there.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Pretty funny.

Shannon Coulter starts her boycott because of her offense to Trump's Access Hollywood tape. So in support of women everywhere, what does she do? She decides to throw another blameless woman under the bus with Trump.

I'm all for consumers speaking with their dollars. Here's her spreadsheet.

I guess the list was just too short without Ivanka. Besides, you know. Sins of the father and all....
edit on 21-11-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

She decides to throw another blameless woman under the bus with Trump.

If she defended her father's remarks, she is not blameless.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001
Gosh. I got a lot of Lib friends. A good number of em even go to "GASP" the Dollar Store

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Where would one find that?

Because what she said in a statement to Fast Company was:

"My father's comments were clearly inappropriate and offensive, and I'm glad that he acknowledged this fact with an immediate apology to my family and the American people," Ivanka told Fast Company in a statement.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Where would one find that?

Because what she said in a statement to Fast Company was:

"My father's comments were clearly inappropriate and offensive, and I'm glad that he acknowledged this fact with an immediate apology to my family and the American people," Ivanka told Fast Company in a statement.

My bad. Have a star.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
O well that is there right.

I doubt trump will miss there money.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I just counted the list of retailers in the spreadsheet....

24 of them are Ivanka retailers only;
3 retailers carry both Ivanka and Donald Trump items; and
5 retailers are Donald Trump only.

I guess a list of 5 companies wouldn't be impressive or useful enough for Shannon Coulter's burgeoning marketing business.

ETA: Oops. Scratch that about her burgeoning company DoubleKNown.com.

edit on 21-11-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

As I insinuated in the OP, it is little more than political theater, like the Republican governors who made a great show of refusing to take Federal money for Obama's stimulus plan. These same governors can't wait to take Federal money for Trump's stimulus plan.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
That won't last ......Christmas is right around the corner.... I wonder how many of the boy otters will buy all their gifts at homedepot ??

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Nah, sorry, sticking with Amazon for the holidays, kthx. I just replaced my worn out winter boots, bought a birthday gift, and the first 3 Christmas gifts from them.

If people want to bitch about Trump products, they can just not buy them, and then troll the Amazon product review section like normal. I'm sure it would be funnier than a regular boycott. Think on your feet, people!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join