It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump University Settles Fraud Claims for $25 Million

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well that's one less thing off his plate. He certainly would want this lawsuit to get out of the way before for enters the whitehouse:

President-elect Donald Trump agreed to pay $25 million to settle claims that his defunct Trump University defrauded students, New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said in a statement

www.bloomberg.com...

Further from WSJ:

Mr. Trump has been battling cases brought in California by consumers who alleged the New York businessman’s for-profit real-estate school falsely promised that its seminars would teach them Mr. Trump’s strategies for success. Mr. Schneiderman also brought similar claims in separate litigation.

Mr. Trump has denied the allegations, saying students got their money’s worth from the seminars and that many students gave positive reviews.

www.wsj.com...

This does come out as a surprise. Trump isn't the settling type but I trust he realized this case was going to bite him later if he didn't settle it now. $25 million should also go a long way for those students cheated out of this college. The sad thing is, there are many other education institutions that have defrauded thousands of students and they haven't seen any kind of justice. Take ITT.... how many students left out.
edit on 18-11-2016 by Southern Guardian because: Added additional WSJ link.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Yep, get it out of the way. Likely no admission of any guilt, etc.

$25 million would be 62.5 years of presidential salary

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Good.

Now everyone can shut up about it.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TommyD1966

He is denying any salary but 1$

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
This does come out as a surprise. Trump isn't the settling type but I trust he realized this case was going to bite him later if he didn't settle it now. $25 million should also go a long way for those students cheated out of this college.

Yes he is. He claims he doesn't settle, but the truth is that he settles damn near everything.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Good.

Why should people shut up about it? This college cheated so many people. You think Trump didn't know what was going on? Oh because he's Donald Trump he should be given a pass right?

He may have settled this matter but to me it's a clear admission of guilt, otherwise he'd have NO reason to settle and by that much.

If only ITT students and others saw the same kind of justice.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Good.

Not a chance. He bought his way out of a trial. With 25 million dollars. All he is is a rich con man.

He can also thank the judge he called biased. Judge Curio said it was in Trump's best interest and the best interest of the country to settle. If I was Curio I would have nailed Trump to the wall for having made the bias comments.
edit on 18-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Is there an actual article there or just an oversided tweet?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

This does come out as a surprise. Trump isn't the settling type but I trust he realized this case was going to bite him later if he didn't settle it now. $25 million should also go a long way for those students cheated out of this college.

Yes he is. He claims he doesn't settle, but the truth is that he settles damn near everything.

He only has said he 'isn't the settling type'. I imagine his settlements go into the hundreds of millions, including twice with the DOJ.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Good. I think the $1 is too much.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

He's not even president yet though.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Good.

Why should people shut up about it? This college cheated so many people. You think Trump didn't know what was going on? Oh because he's Donald Trump he should be given a pass right?

He may have settled this matter but to me it's a clear admission of guilt, otherwise he'd have NO reason to settle and by that much.

If only ITT students and others saw the same kind of justice.

Penn St. is still, by far, worse.

And "Oh because he's Donald Trump he should be given a pass right?"

But neither should have Hillary or Bill, be it Emails, or the mess with Hati, but she still got to run for president.

My thing is, pass or not, it doesn't matter in the big picture.

Protests are not needed, and it wont change anything about his presidency.

So basically, like a lot of things lately, this just don't matter.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I'm sure he doesn't want to drag out this lawsuit into his presidency. With his net worth its easier to just settle and have it go away...

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

25 cents on the dollar, for those 5000 students who got defrauded by Trump University, if they even see that much!

Makes me feel so warm and fuzzy now that Trump finally bought his way out of a fraud and racketeering suit. Roll up those sleeves and go play president now, Donny!

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

And how much is that networth I wonder? We don't have his tax returns to confirm.

I'm really beginning to question WHERE that money is coming from. I have little confidence all of that is his own.... even some of it. I mean look how he used campaign money for his businesses?

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Good. I think the $1 is too much.

Your opinions are so biased that they only make sense to a similarly biased mindset. Don't let your hate keep you from learning to compromise and hold some semblance of respect for those that are diametrically opposed to your beliefs.

It's tiring and nonproductive.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Southern Guardian

25 cents on the dollar, for those 5000 students who got defrauded by Trump University, if they even see that much!

Makes me feel so warm and fuzzy now that Trump finally bought his way out of a fraud and racketeering suit. Roll up those sleeves and go play president now, Donny!

The claimants had to agree. They agreed.
It's over.

link   

a reply to: jhn7537

And how much is that networth I wonder? We don't have his tax returns to confirm.

I'm really beginning to question WHERE that money is coming from. I have little confidence all of that is his own.... even some of it. I mean look how he used campaign money for his businesses?

The money would have been dirty with Hillary and I'm sure its relatively dirty with Trump... Only difference in my eyes, is that Hillary made her money while holding public office, while Trump made his while being a questionable business man... So, the money would be dirty regardless, but the money seems to carry a different stench with Hillary seeing how she made hers (pay for play while SOS)..

link   
Go away money.

No guilt proven.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Go away money.

No guilt proven.

Indeed... and a condition of the settlement was no admission of guilt.

abcnews.go.com...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join