It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon official who bullied Christian bakery owners loses election

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
So in our "free" country no matter what the msm says the voters are the ones that weild actual power.

www.foxnews.com...

An Oregon bureaucrat who waged political jihad against the owners of a Christian bakery was given the heave-ho by voters.
Labor Commissioner Brad Avakian was defeated by Republican Dennis Richardson in his bid to be Secretary of State.

Well now wasn't that guy a hero to the leftys that inhabit the great state of Oregon?

It's the first time a Republican has been elected to a statewide office in Oregon since 2002.

Wow that dude was so repugnant he was the first to fall in 14 years. Guess that is what happens when people have had enough.
I guess the days of "tolerance" being defined as agree with us or you are intolerant are coming to an end. Even in the deepest of blue states.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
OP , put on your cast iron civvies. The left will be here shortly to try and ream you a new one....

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Why? Because they lost an election? Or does that guy still represent what they want?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Good news. The dictatorial progressive mantra is being ripped to shreds piece by piece all over the world.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
good riddance, im glad to see more people doing their part in draining the swamp!

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Wow that dude was so repugnant

I can't imagine what you would think of me then
I would also call out a bar that refused to service transgender customers on the basis they didn't want to be known as a "gay bar".

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

The left will be here shortly

The Left didn't log out of ATS just because Trump won and you don't like us.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

I would also call out a bar that refused to service transgender customers on the basis they didn't want to be known as a "gay bar".

And if I were Transgender or gay I would just GO TO A DIFFERENT BAR.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

The left will be here shortly

The Left didn't log out of ATS just because Trump won and you don't like us.

But , I care not either way for "us". That is false segregation into mythical groups by the governments of the world
You , as a person , I care about. All of us. Other than pure interest , why would I care what groups of different types of "us" you or I belong to ?
I am tired of diversity. The entire word and idea stems from the word "divide" . Why not drop that , and go for unity ?
Unity , I love that word
See , you put me back on my soapbox here on ATS
End Rant

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: goou111

Now we understand each others view on that. Obviously, I don't agree that's a reasonable solution to this issue. The problem is that they're discriminating on the basis of gender and or orientation.

GO TO A DIFFERENT BAR

Should the business have a sign outside their door that says "No Gays Allowed" or "No Transgender Allowed"?

Without that, how would they know they weren't welcomed there?

If the signs were there, you still don't see an issue?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Good news. The dictatorial progressive mantra is being ripped to shreds piece by piece all over the world.

Cant wait to see Merkel's smug face when she gets hers next year

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

So in our "free" country no matter what the msm says the voters are the ones that weild actual power.

That's one of the most hopeful things to result from this election year. It warms my cockles!

I have read a few articles recently about how many of these such regulations -- and even court cases -- are based on Obama's "pen"... and can be undone just as easily by Trump's "pen." I'm not sure if this is true in this case, but if so, as the bakery case continues to wind through the court, it may end up falling apart... and the laws/regulations with it.

link   

Why not drop that , and go for unity ?

You realize you initiated the divisive language, right? That aside, I agree with your post

link   

Your logic is completely flawed.

The bakery issue was not about a gay person going into the shop and asking for a cake. It was about making a wedding cake for a gay marriage and forcing the bakery to do it against their wishes.

If you wandered into a bar and asked them to make a drink to represent gay people and they didn't want to, then I would respect the bar owners right to tell you to order a drink they actually sell or F off to a gay bar to get the drink you want.

edit on 17/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Repugnant to his party, so they did not support him, so he lost the election.

Or do you think his actions had no effect on his loss?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

You don't get to advertise to the public, open a business to the public and utilize public services like access to tax payer paid roads etc and then decide who is and isn't a member of the public. Also when you apply for your business license you are contracting with your local/state government that you will comply with applicable laws.

If you want to be able to refuse service to certain groups... open a private club and conduct your business that way.

OT: His loss easily could have been for other reasons.
edit on 11/17/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Why not drop that , and go for unity ?

You realize you initiated the divisive language, right? That aside, I agree with your post

Yep , moreso to be sarcastic .Because I knew it would happen. Did you bother to read my entire post ? Nope.
And lets not start on who is the "beauty" and who is the "beast"here.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

You don't get to advertise to the public, open a business to the public and utilize public services like access to tax payer paid roads etc and then decide who is and isn't a member of the public. Also when you apply for your business license you are contracting with your local/state government that you will comply with applicable laws.

If you want to be able to refuse service to certain groups... open a private club and conduct your business that way.

OT: His loss easily could have been for other reasons.

How do you think you'd get on if you wandered into a car showroom and asked them for a pink car, painted with rainbows on it?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

My completely flawed logic is shared by the Oregon justice system which found that bar owner in violation of its civil right laws. Hence the reason they lost and had to pay up.

The transgender didn't ask them to make a drink that "represented gay people". They were paying customers. The bar owner later left voice messages telling them not to come back to the bar because he didn't want the bar to be associated with gay or transgender.

The law there prohibits private businesses from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.

My logic is fine. Discrimination like this is not.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Did you bother to read my entire post ? Nope.

Yes. I did. It was short. Your first post was intentionally divisive. Your second post was telling me not to be divisive.

lets not start on who is the "beauty" and who is the "beast"here.

No idea what that's supposed to mean. I agree anyways, let's not go there. Actually let's not go anywhere since I'm not seeing any substance in your posts at all.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join