It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prez-elect Donald Trump Fulfills Promise to Ban Lobbyists from His Administration.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Now that the campaign is over, with the exception of a few crazy people, I do not think anybody's primary concern is whether or not Hillary goes to jail. The majority of Trumps support is powered by his promise to go against the corrupt establishment and current agenda.

How do you do that without prosecuting and convicting the corrupt? If wild accusation and defamation are his only tools against corruption, then we're not getting what was promised.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
He is not POTUS yet...

Why does it feel as if this is an alternate universe where we are witnessing Ross Perot 2.0...
edit on 17-11-2016 by Terminal1 because: Typo

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
"To be fair to those people, if less than half of the allegations against her are true, she probably should face some charges. " And we were promised a special prosecutor. I am a Hillary supporter and that is one promise we all deserve. And her victims. And the accused deserves to prove her innocence. Or have republicans thrown that right out too?

To be fair, Trump does not need to waste his time on a special prosecutor. I believe the FBI are still working on at least 4 different investigations that she is connected with. Now, that she is not streamlining towards the white house, this is not a top priority.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: windword
It needs to happen. If he is for real I am sure it will eventually. He is probably just not advertising his plans to the Clintons.

I was merely trying to point out that one side is preoccupied with hatred for their opposition while the other is ready to move on and get to work. The majority of Trumps supporters are not these angry racist Hillary hating bigots the left claim.
edit on 17-11-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Sure.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Just so you will know, Obama had to clean them out too, but of course, then it was done quietly and expected.
This is getting a lot of fanfare because, uh, "when a donkey flies....".

lol.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
He claims this yet his team is full of insiders and lobbyist.

Insurgent Trump taps GOP insiders, lobbyists for transition
As it says in the article the op linked all they have to do is unregister and the jobs is theirs. This just means they will have to get paid under the table so in the end nothing has changed.

I think you are late with this. Too late. You either didnt read the linked article , or still in your old Anti_Trump ways
(or both)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: GoShredAK

Now that the campaign is over, with the exception of a few crazy people, I do not think anybody's primary concern is whether or not Hillary goes to jail. The majority of Trumps support is powered by his promise to go against the corrupt establishment and current agenda.

How do you do that without prosecuting and convicting the corrupt? If wild accusation and defamation are his only tools against corruption, then we're not getting what was promised.

It's a matter of priorities and the laws of physics like time.

It's so crazy that every breath he takes is covered by the media -- of course in the most negative way. But he is NOT EVEN IN OFFICE YET. And already he is being blamed for an insane amount of stuff, or being 'assumed' on (e.g. if he says person-Z will focus on X, it must mean he's not doing Y, see he's such a liar!).

I have never seen a president-elect get this much absolutely obsessive media -- positive or negative. I mean I'm willing to be that many members of government including the President are doing "something" every day -- but it's like the whole government went dark, with rare exceptions, while the media obsesses on whether Trump had dinner with his family. For godssakes!

RC

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
a reply to: windword

for crying out loud...

Had he of made this a priority and talking point, you'd all accuse him of ignoring his primary duty and going on a witch hunt,

Are we really going to experience 4 or 8yrs of absolute nonsense from the anti-trump crowd?

^^ This. Thanks for saying it. (emphasis mine)

Also, he does not need to appoint a special prosecutor. The FBI's already researching her in several areas. One reason for a special prosecutor is so an existing government agent cannot impede agencies through their influence, as self-protection -- but once Trump is in office, Clinton won't be in a power position to do so anymore anyway.

I would be disappointed if the leader of the most powerful country on earth seemed obsessed with hunting down any one person -- especially his 'former competitor.' Mind you, I do think both the Clintons are supremely evil -- the trail of corpses behind them is ghastly -- and I think HRC deserves investigating for some of the latest paperwork-oriented stuff. But she IS being investigated for that already.

It's like in business. I used to be the bulldog so my CEO could play golf and go for drinks with other CEOs with a friendly environ -- both of them knowing that I was going to grill and dog the guys' execs about details and problems, so my CEO wouldn't have to. Trump can be as officially gentle as he wants regardling HRC -- and given the media sparking them, Soros-et al sponsoring them, and Clinton and Obama doing little to calm them, how he reacts to her is a potentially big deal. While he is kindly declining to hire a special prosecutor and focus on more important things, the FBI is still hunting her ass down. So in the end, it's all good. If the FBI doesn't find enough reason to hold her for accounting then a SP might not have either. And if they do, the pursuit can come from that channel, seemingly separate and prior to DJT in office and hence not about him at all. I think it's a good way to do it.

There's a lot to do. I think to some degree although her crimes are important, she is just not that important.

RC

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I like it and think it is a positive step toward cleaning up the practice of using a public service job to ultimately become a high paid lobbyist for corporate interests, often times in direct conflict with public interests. Sure, I guess it's possible to to un-register as a lobbyist and still get the position and it's possible those people could still get paid "under the table"...but that would be illegal and grounds for dismissal.

As the article states,there will be fewer candidates because they will not be allowed to become a lobbyist for 5 years after leaving office...that's a GOOD thing I think. It will weed out people who's motives are not to serve the public good and are being groomed to use their connections to subvert policy and law to enrich themselves and special interests.

I'm an optimist who hoped enough of us would vote to pave the way for a 3rd party in the next election, but since that didn't happen I'm going to give President Trump the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: RedCairo

It's so crazy that every breath he takes is covered by the media

LOCK HER UP! Was a war cry, not a mere second thought said under his breath, caught on a hot mike by accident. It was a campaign mantra, right up there with "Build That Wall!".

Now he's saying, "I don't want to hurt them, They're nice people". Please!

I really don't care if he goes after Hillary or not, I was just pointing out the hypocrisy for another poster who asked.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join