It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump caught on video telling rich "We'll cut your taxes, don't worry"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Not only the wealthy eat there. I've eaten there a couple of times. Both times special occasions yes and both times the bill for two was over $300.00 but middle class people do eat there too
I'm going to assume that he was talking to New Yorkers in general.
You guys pushed this creep so I'm curious why the back stabbing now.
All I know is he made a lot of promises that on the outside sound great but on the inside are complicated and bogged down by law. He had better deliver or he's going to have a lot to answer for.
When he starts going wrong (umm days one through nine so far yikes) he needs to be reigned in and no one should sit back and allow him to destroy the country or our ideals and laws.

So far we already have him advertising his properties hawking wares his daughters company sells (STYLE ALERT...If you like Ivankas bangle as seen on sixty minutes where she models it over and over by flipping her hair, you can get it at her website for $10,000.00) and advertising his wife's line of jewelry (conveniently available on QVC home shopping network) all at the taxpayers expense. On dot gov websites.(the appropriate word here is corruption...already...)
Now his own meet the president elect site has been edited because of the immediate outrage by tax payers but the little Mrs's. site still hawks her wares shamelessly.

And what happened to Chris Christy huh? How was his loyalty repaid ? ? ? Was he just a sacrifice for Jared Kushners father. Was he raised up just to be crushed when he was no longer needed. Was it's a public revenge? It looks like all of the above.

Who's this lobbyist he wants to advance oh yeah Mike Flint current spokes person for the plight of the Turks.
And Rudy Giuliani Secy of state??? An insane choice reflecting this man's inability to make good decisions for this job.

And Steve Bannon and Breitbart Jesus Christ what a train wreck. America won't stand for it.

I see impeachment very very early on in this administration.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

In fantasy land lol.
Hey don't blame me I voted for Hillary.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

you just said nothing of any importance and did nothing but talk about people. what was the point of your gossip? please id love to hear what your point is. id love to know the point of what you said? and id like it if that point was backed by something, for instance theory, facts, history, or something really.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

New Yorkers must make a lot of $$$.

The prices are slightly above average for New York. If they photographed them walking into Per Se I would have said this is a pricy place. This is just some old school former speakeasy around the corner from Trump Tower.

21ClubMenu: www.21club.com...
(Advice - If you are like me and eat a lot, be prepared to order 4 or 5 dinners. The photos show tiny little plates of food)

The portions are actually decent size, last time I got an appetizer and a salad and I was full. Plus they give you a pretty nice bread basket.

This is such a non-issue.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I thought Trump was going to cut EVERYONE'S taxes, not just the rich. If he cuts taxes across the board then of course the wealthiest Americans will be included.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I thought Trump was going to cut EVERYONE'S taxes, not just the rich. If he cuts taxes across the board then of course the wealthiest Americans will be included.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
Lower taxes!

An additional 1 trillion in infrastructure projects!

Sounds legit...

This fact...Democrats are now the party of Fiscal Responsibility.

Best estimates by non-partisan analysts who assume Trump will moderate his agenda...show the GOP set for doubling the National Debt in the first term. He can quadruple the national debt if the GOP in congress fully bend over for him.

You don't need to be an economist to realize that dramatically cutting revenues (taxes on the wealthy) while dramatically increasing spending (military. Infrastructure) is an agenda to increase debt.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Trump ran on cutting taxes for everyone, across the board.

Unlike Hillary and Bernie who ran on raising taxes.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tman2135

Correct. It should be noted though that his plan cuts taxes for the wealthy exponentially more that the middle class or poor. This matters because the massive increase in deficit spending he has planned hurts the middle class and poor disproportionately across the board.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Trump ran on cutting taxes for everyone, across the board.

Unlike Hillary and Bernie who ran on raising taxes.

Give the middle class a nickel..the poor a penny..the wealthy a new vacation home.
Everyone got something.
And BORROW to do so.

The GOP are dropping two of their pledges they made...one - That spending must be paid for and two - they will start allowing earmarks again for reps to make money off lobbyists (remember the bridge to nowhere scandal?)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

my rich friends pay almost 50% taxes..

I hope you don't think taking more than half of someones earned money is a good thing..

I might agree on over a certain amount that would be ok.

but part of the main problem in the US as far as the job markets and everything else, is that rich people and rich companies find ways to avoid taxes, and so the taxes we have in place never come to America anyway. The global economy has grown a lot. Companies can start moving back here where they do want to be, if they are not getting taxed so hard.

I havn't ever met a scrooge to be honest.

People want to follow the rules. It's when the rules get too harsh you create catholic girls.. It's the same with consuming herbs.. People will run from the rules if the rules don't make sense, In the money case and in the plant case make better laws so people will follow those laws, and in the meantime you make outlaws, and out of country corporations.

The only thing to get back on topic, sorry.
The only thing, the worries me, is that a lot of his proposals would be an increase in government spending.. You combine that with tax cuts.. That's a lot of negative cash flow.. Maybe with better trade deals, and better taxing we would get enough growth to offset that, but where is he going to cut spending?

How about this for the future of he global economy..

We go from owing 20 trillion to 19 trillion in 4 years.

It's possible, and it would send a good message that dollars are still worth money.

BUT Trump has said nothing to me, that would make that happen.

So yes cut taxes...

Aand?

Man I've never seen people so excited about politics in my life. Including me.

I like it.

The key to understanding is realizing that since Reagan the economic system has gotten more and more exploitative. Lower and middle class incomes have flatlined and even fallen in purchasing power, while only the wealthy have benefited. This is demonstrable economically. Therefore, this idea that all of the money the uber rich get is truly and fairly "earned," is bull. Most serious economists now agree.
edit on 17-11-2016 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Uh, YAY!

A cut in taxes means more of my money stays in my pocket.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Stop trying to kill the ability to create wealth.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Correct. It should be noted though that his plan cuts taxes for the wealthy exponentially more that the middle class or poor. This matters because the massive increase in deficit spending he has planned hurts the middle class and poor disproportionately across the board.

Screwed if you do screwed if you dont eh? What you and everyone who is selfish is forgetting is most poor dont pay any taxes. that only leaves the rich and the middle to pay the rest.
As to your bias. The rich actually do employ people who then can pay their own taxes and continue the great circle.

Trump will find money by cutting off aid to countries who hate us. By trying to restart our refineries so we import less oil as well. The moneys there,you just have to allocate it and leverage your resources.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Uh, YAY!

OH noes!! that mean sless funding for the SOCIAL WELFARE!! Thats why they moan about tax cuts for the rich.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Screwed if you do screwed if you dont eh? What you and everyone who is selfish is forgetting is most poor dont pay any taxes. that only leaves the rich and the middle to pay the rest.

You are citing federal income tax. The poor pay taxes on everything every time they pay rent, utilities or buy gas or a pack of gum.

As to your bias. The rich actually do employ people who then can pay their own taxes and continue the great circle.

Trickle down economics has failed every-time it has ever been done and it has always significantly damaged the economy.

the first time it was tried in the 1800's it was called "Horse and Sparrow" economics...feed the horse enough oats and the sparrows get fed by the undigested oats in the horse manure.

Not mysterious. It is BS and an excuse to transfer wealth from the middle class to the wealthy.

Trump will find money by cutting off aid to countries who hate us.

Not enough money there.

By trying to restart our refineries so we import less oil as well.

We are already producing more domestic oil than ever...He can't control OPEC..And increased domestic oil and fracking is the cause of the decline in coal..so he plans on stomping to death the coal industry he said he would save by increasing domestic oil and fracking even more than their all time highs?

The moneys there,you just have to allocate it and leverage your resources.

That is BS speak without any legitimate specifics.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Uh, YAY!

OH noes!! that mean sless funding for the SOCIAL WELFARE!! Thats why they moan about tax cuts for the rich.

It means less money for everything..Are you too ideologically committed to understand less revenues is less revenues?

He is going to spend huge on Infrastructure and Military...and cut revenues...THAT MEANS DEBT and a MASSIVE AMOUNT.
edit on 17-11-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Uh, YAY!

It means less money for everything..Are you too ideologically committed to understand less revenues is less revenues?

He is going to spend huge on Infrastructure and Military...and cut revenues...THAT MEANS DEBT and a MASSIVE AMOUNT.

I didnt vote for trump. stop implying i did. Less money means you GASP!! learn how to BUDGET!!! And no debt will be reduced because you reduce the amount of it piling up each day.

And no the truly poor dont pay anything because they have nothing to pay with. Those are the ones on welfare and who are on foodstamps. Sales tax isnt the same as federal or state taxes. Foodstamps tax is cut off things you buy as well.
For trickle down not working during the regean years my dads working class wage was putting alot of money in the bank. the Statistics dont bear out your theory on it not working.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Of course he is going to cut taxes and gut obamacare, privatize medicare and social security, cut all funding to all institutions, like public lands, education, renewable energies, increase defense and troops, defeat ISIS in 100 days, and with a republican legislature they can achieve all of it. No more excuses.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

He said the same openly on mainstream news, saying he wants to bring down taxes for everyone and explained his ideas on it. So this was no secret.

i am willing to wait and see what he does before i complain.
edit on 17-11-2016 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join