It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump caught on video telling rich "We'll cut your taxes, don't worry"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Apparently, a nice steak isn't all Mr. Trump had last night.

He was at a very nice establishment with some of NYC's richest people of the 5 boroughs. One member of the media did manage to find out where he was going and get a reservation and catch Mr. Trump on video:

NBC News reporter Hallie Jackson was able to snag a reservation and gain access inside the restaurant, where she caught President-elect Trump on video appealing to patrons who represent a sampling of the wealthiest denizens of the five boroughs. “We’ll get your taxes down,” Trump appealed, “don’t worry about it.”

Link

Honestly, the way it sounded at the time was that he was having a quiet dinner, which I fully think he should be entitled to. It certainly sounds like it wasn't that at all though. Lots of people, lots of rich New Yorker's -- Mr. Trump's own people:

Sounds like his elite friends are quite happy!

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Trump has always said he would cut taxes for the rich. It's part of his tax plan.

Not a secret.

AAC

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I played the video several times I only hear cut your taxes thank you thank you, sounds like a joke he was making.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AnAbsoluteCreation

Agreed, and if he holds true to dismantling NAFTA and TPP than I'm cool with bringing business back. If not I'll bitch just as hard as I have for any side of the isle Presidents we've had for making false promises.

Just to get this out of the way....

Trump has exploited loopholes.

Trump has lined every pocket for most high level campaigns.

And he's admitted to all.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AnAbsoluteCreation

People love a slick sales pitch.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I agree... i would serve the man at my next social gathering if i felt otherwise

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Lower taxes!

An additional 1 trillion in infrastructure projects!

Sounds legit...

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

my rich friends pay almost 50% taxes..

I hope you don't think taking more than half of someones earned money is a good thing..

I might agree on over a certain amount that would be ok.

but part of the main problem in the US as far as the job markets and everything else, is that rich people and rich companies find ways to avoid taxes, and so the taxes we have in place never come to America anyway. The global economy has grown a lot. Companies can start moving back here where they do want to be, if they are not getting taxed so hard.

I havn't ever met a scrooge to be honest.

People want to follow the rules. It's when the rules get too harsh you create catholic girls.. It's the same with consuming herbs.. People will run from the rules if the rules don't make sense, In the money case and in the plant case make better laws so people will follow those laws, and in the meantime you make outlaws, and out of country corporations.

The only thing to get back on topic, sorry.
The only thing, the worries me, is that a lot of his proposals would be an increase in government spending.. You combine that with tax cuts.. That's a lot of negative cash flow.. Maybe with better trade deals, and better taxing we would get enough growth to offset that, but where is he going to cut spending?

How about this for the future of he global economy..

We go from owing 20 trillion to 19 trillion in 4 years.

It's possible, and it would send a good message that dollars are still worth money.

BUT Trump has said nothing to me, that would make that happen.

So yes cut taxes...

Aand?

Man I've never seen people so excited about politics in my life. Including me.

I like it.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Sounds like NBC blew it again and mis-interpreted.

And they really thought they uncovered a scandal !!!

link   

originally posted by: AnAbsoluteCreation

Trump has always said he would cut taxes for the rich. It's part of his tax plan.

Not a secret.

AAC

Exactly! Cutting the Corporate tax rate IS cutting taxes for the rich. The "rich" pay all we po folk salaries.

What ABSOLUTELY THRILLED me, was seeing Donald Trump back to shafting the media. That was one of the things I really liked about the early part of his campaign. Perhaps he can keep a FOX guy with him at all times, and only invite the liberal MSM to his press conferences. It was so gratifying listening to CNN whine about the "VITAL" media being ditched by Trump last night!

link   

originally posted by: Kettu

patrons who represent a sampling of the wealthiest denizens of the five boroughs.

I have eaten at the 21 Club plenty of times and I am not one of the wealthiest denizens of the five boroughs. Hell, anyone can get in there and eat, you do not even need a reservation for some parts of the restaurant.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Telling people he'll lower taxes? The monster...

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Why in the HADES do you think companies have been off-shoring jobs and resources over the past 8 years?

Forget Anti Trump . Trump is the President of the US. For better or worse..

NEWS FLASH just for you = Clinton had Epic Failure at running for President due to her same ol same ol promises , lies , and corruption.A 3rd Obama term. All she could promise.

Hillary , is that you ?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Kettu

patrons who represent a sampling of the wealthiest denizens of the five boroughs.

I have eaten at the 21 Club plenty of times and I am not one of the wealthiest denizens of the five boroughs. Hell, anyone can get in there and eat, you do not even need a reservation for some parts of the restaurant.

New Yorkers must make a lot of $$$. I just looked at the dinner menu, and uttered a naughty word. $16 for a bowl of soup? Oh well.. I guess that will keep the protesters from dining there, and stinking up the place.

21ClubMenu: www.21club.com...
(Advice - If you are like me and eat a lot, be prepared to order 4 or 5 dinners. The photos show tiny little plates of food)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Telling people he'll lower taxes? The monster...

i think this sums it up.

Dude's not even sworn into office and everyone hangs on his every movement. LOL

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
WHY THE F#^K DO PEOPLE WANT TO TAX THE RICH?! the rich already pay loads and loads in taxes(50%). when you tax the rich the prices of good go up and the wages go down BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO PAY TAXES! what does the government do with our tax money thats so good? what is it?! please explain it to me?
edit on 17-11-2016 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Because trickle down economics has worked great for us the past couple decades.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Well how about that and here i was thinking he would increase taxes for himself and his buddies...

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MrThortan

Trickle down economics hasn't even been around for the last 2 decades that was a Reagan thing.

I had more money in my pocket when Reagan was in power.

Back on topic Trump ran on a 17% across the board tax. I think that means everyone taxes will be cut. Where the hell have you been?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MrThortan

The problem isn't trickle down economics. That funded our ability to spend the USSR into the mud.

The problem is big government thinking it needs to continue re-leverage unearned taxes via loans. Its just about to ponzi level now, and will become revolving debt. We are 1 dollar crash away from insolvency.

The missing element is "fiscal conservatism". If we had that, we'd have a chance.

LOL, in Europe they call it "austerity". They are learning the one critical lesson: no political system can work without moderate fiscal conservatism. This means ignoring far left mouthpieces and seeking moderate social endeavors for the sake of pragmatism. Show me a place where that happens.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join