It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than half of arrested Portland anti-Trump protesters didn't vote in Oregon

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The protests to me are just hilarious! Immediately following the election results I and others like me (3rd party voters) were targeted and blamed for Trump's win over Hillary. Now we ALL know that the reason she lost was because her own "supporters" didn't get up off the sofa and go vote. They have nobody to blame but themselves- and yet still want to protest and riot because their candidate didn't win. If they had shown that much fervor getting like minded people to the polls they wouldn't be putting themselves in this situation. How ironic and ludricrous!

I'm thoroughly enjoying watching these idiots make asses of themselves. It's even more entertaining than those shams they called 'debates"! lol

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

Why would they vote?

The popular vote means nothing...

this is actually the first time I can recall realizing the power of voting. Has middle america not got out and voted, the polls would have been right, and the outcome would have been the one predicted.

I think your poor attitude is blinding your ability to think clearly.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: ColdWisdom

In the case of Portland I'm convinced that a handful were paid.

No-one is paying them. They're Anarchists. Anarchists don't vote. Some of them travel around to protest different events. NATO meetings, IMF meetings, Bilderberg, that sort of thing. Unlike Trump, they really are anti-globalization.

not to be an ass or anything, but how is it you know this? is there any proof of this? I just can't imagine young folks paying for transportation and accommodations all over the US and world just to protest for no money. How do they support themselves?

Trust funds. Look at them. They come from exactly the same social stratus as Trump. Trump says he is anti-globalization and anti-establishment and builds hotels overseas and packs his cabinet with neo-cons. These kids are anti-globalization and anti-establishment. Eventually they will grow up and become stock brokers like Abby Hoffmann.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: charlyv

Okay. That doesn't address the question. But sure, they got arrested. I'm not suggesting they shouldn't have been. Actually, I didn't suggest anything.

I know, I was just commenting that the arrest and pics were justice, and I am with you that probably that is enough.
I think the pics being posted is a great deterrent for others thinking of causing such vandalism, and some of these jerks will be fired, once their respective companies see them.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
How many of those people were 18 years or older on election day?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
Its not a matter of "being serious", its the truth.

No, it isn't.

We have a person, Trump, who is being appointed by a handful of people (the Electoral College) despite having lost the popular vote.

Hillary lost it too (got less than 50%).

You apparent;y don't know how the electoral college works. It is working as designed/intended. It is and has always been up to the States as to how they exercise their power of choosing their electors. Even today not all States bind their electors to the popular vote outcome by law.

So how is voting relevant?

Because it is how the Electors are designated.

The Electoral College is and was always intended to prevent the tyranny of the majority of the population (ie, large populations concentrated in just a few major cities) over the States.

It is a States Rights/Power issue, and one of the things that makes us a Constitutional Republic (not a dumbocracy).

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: Spacespider

The police should drop the nice guy act and start to clean the streets

They arrested them. What more exactly are you advocating here?

From the narrative I'm getting from the people complaining about the protesters it seems they want to revoke their First Amendment rights.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

they voted for Hillary?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join