It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump picks Priebus as White House chief of staff, Bannon as top adviser

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Freedom Caucus holds 42 seats. All they have to do is vote no and nothing will get passed the House.

(post by ugmold removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Look, grid lock and obstructionism has to stop. We have 2 decades of power struggles and flip-flopping every two years. There is no way Bannon would be constructive. He probably shouldn't even be in the WH at all.

To me, this at least says Trump or those closest to him (his kids) have at least some clue.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Yes it does, until everything goes to hell. Then, here comes the excuses for the man-child.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Priebus is a part of the GOP establishment, but I already know Trump chose him so he could get congress and the senate behind him. Smart move in the scheme of things.

edit on 13-11-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Priebus is a part of the GOP establishment, but I already know Trump chose him so he could get congress and the senate behind him. Smart move in the scheme of things.

Again, not really.

Did people not see the GOP "establishment" split many months ago? There was a Trump side, then a real anti-Trump side.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Chief of Staff has a couple year shelf life anyway.

Rance is probably the best starter for that position.

Bannon? I don't know. As an advisor, why not? It's not like he's gonna run anything, unlike Jarrett.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Well, Wilbur Post talked with Mister Ed. So it's not hard to believe that President Trump will talk with an ass.

a reply to: kosmicjack

Because we have a de facto parliamentary system now, we unfortunately have a faction in power and one out-of-power. The GOP holds all the governing power, while the Dems are the opposition faction, whose duty in a parl system is to vigorously voice opposition to the party in power and try to show why they should be voted out. Just as in the last eight years, there will be very little to no compromise. Compromise used to exist under the old system.

And actually, Bannon is from the Koch Private Party that has now been swept into power (the old GOP is now officially dead). Bannon will continue to feed Breitbart and Alex Jones's John Birch Society talking points and "conspiracies" to Pres Trump, making Mr. Trump the Bircher-In-Chief.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

You said the same about Trump losing. How did that work out for you? Maybe it's time we wait and see and go from there instead of making silly predictions.

I was wrong, he did win, him winning or losing dosent change one thing in my life,but it does not change the fact that you and trump fans said he would change washington, 1 gop lifer a day.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join