It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The difference between men and women

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Forgive me if you can, this may be a slightly rambling, disjointed post as I jumped straight in as the thought occurred to me.

Women seem to have a shared understanding of their existence that men lack.

I was watching a tv show with my wife and there was a scene with a mother talking to her adult daughter about the act of giving birth and it got me wondering. Most women share an understanding of things like periods, pregnancy and just dealing with us chaps which leads to a kind of universal empathy.

There's also the whole goddess thing going on, from Gaia through Mary and a multitude of pagan female deities that seem to tap into the same universal motherhood thing.

Us blokes are merely interlopers in your lives it seems. The male being far more transient and disconnected.

I don't feel the empathy with my male friends that my wife does with her girlfriends.
In fact, most of the men I know, I can take or leave. There are a couple, no more, that I consider brothers and would, without thinking, back them up instantly. I don't feel a part of them though in the way I understand my wife and her friends are with each other.

I wonder, do any of you have any thoughts on this?

Could it be that the female is the essence of existence and the male is like some fleeting, mayfly type that exists off them?

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I have thought about this before also. When pressed to be accurate, I had to change my thoughts on a few aspects. I won't say women are more emotional than men. I know men have strong emotions, myself included. But women express them more freely than men do. I think that practice gives them a better insight to each other than men have.

I use to play a few mmo's back in the day. In one guild I had a few female friends I would chat with quite often, on pc and phone, and met a few irl. One day one of them sent me a pm telling me that we had a person pretending to be a girl in the guild and asked me if I knew who it was. I said no. I had no clue. She said she and all the other women knew right away. She gave me her insight. Men talk about things they do and things that happen. Women talk about how they feel about things they do and things that happen. It was that simple.

Women share their feelings more often and it gives them a common frame of reference. If something bad happens to one of them, they all feel it. When something bad happens to one of the guys we laugh at him and throw him a beer. Problem solved.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK
@The difference between men and women?

XX chromosomes = female human
XY chromosomes = male human

The chemical differences are what play out in the behaviors some of which you may have mentioned...

Queens may gather why Kings are more scattered-
edit on 11/13/16 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

That's a good point and I wonder if they are like that because of a universal shared experience?

Us blokes have nothing in comparison, because some of us have physical jobs, some have intellectual ones, some are more visceral and identify with physical things while others are in tune with more spiritual things, but women seem to always be in tune with each other.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The best way to understand men and women is either by the likeness of God or by a conqueror/submissive role.

The head/conqueror determines the spirit or will and puts its conception of it / what it sees of the spirit / its see(d) into the submissive body.

Think about the types of men that women like:
wealthy men who conquer wealth, funny men who conquer nerves, badboys who conquer "the man" / his opponents, taller/stronger builds, etc...

All types of conquerors.

And now think of the types of women that men like:
Gentile, passive, eager to be submissive, good listeners, women who do not command/conquer/nag, etc.

All types of submissives.

The reason women are more empathetic / better listeners is because they submit to and are open to heads/conquerors/seeder. That and the fact that they do not try to harden themselves / control their own emotions as much (being that they're submissive), and so they feel emotions stronger and can therefor better empathize.

Now this of course plays out across a spectrum, and neither is the better sex - they are more themselves with the other as they are two parts of a whole...

will/spirit, head/conqueror, body/form

The will/spirit is of God, or whomever's will is conceived (it is the will passed on by other heads).

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

That's an interesting point of view.

I disagree somewhat with it though. I am always attracted to strong women. Proper harridans some might say, but I never really got the attraction of the wilting flower type as much as the spitfire, Bodicea type.

Hope that makes sense.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Hope that makes sense.

I don't think some understand the attraction some alpha males have for alpha females. And those females can be just as versatile as us who are males.
For some it seems easier to ignore the potentials as a form of denial.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

You like a women who is more your equal?

Someone who conquers you / someone you can submit to?

Anyways, it falls across a spectrum.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

Hope that makes sense.

I don't think some understand the attraction some alpha males have for alpha females. And those females can be just as versatile as us who are males.
For some it seems easier to ignore the potentials as a form of denial.

That went right over my head

In my defence I'm most of the way through a nice bottle of Bordeaux.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeeep

Someone who conquers you / someone you can submit to?

Anyways, it falls across a spectrum.

Hmm, more someone that has my back I think.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeeep

1 prefers that balance of yin/yan energy. No conquer or submit just balance between my masculine and her feminine...

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

You are from the UK so you probably have read the history of the elite women codebreakers at Bletchley park?
They had something like that in the US called the SIS I think.
So there may be channels of communication not commonly available for male reception.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

That's a neat way of looking at it, and yes. Might be it.

Though that's tangential to my initial post about our different ways of being with each other.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower

You are from the UK so you probably have read the history of the elite women codebreakers at Bletchley park?
They had something like that in the US called the SIS I think.
So there may be channels of communication not commonly available for male reception.

Oh there are definitely whole lines of understanding that are beyond me as a male. :-)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Doesn't work.

Look at your words like seeds of your will.

You are trying to put your seed/words into me so I conceive your will - so I see/conceive what is in your spirit. Likewise, I am trying to do the same to you. If neither submits/opens/listens to the other, nothing is conceived.

All things follow that pattern. What you're saying cannot work.

Edit: and its not ying/yang - its an infinite triune, hence all the spectra.
edit on 11/13/2016 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
1 cannot agree with your subjective data Bleeeeep, but thanks for sharing your views

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Anyway, we are getting sidetracked into men plus women, I was more interested in the spiritual differences between us as I have the vague idea that the universe might be the feminine and maleNess might be some other thing that's less...fundamental.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

universe might be the feminine and maleNess might be some other thing that's less...fundamental.

ATUM was not a female, there exists a balance between both masculine and feminine energy that was the primary reason for interacting in the thread to share with you. Now days there are men acting more and more like women and surprisingly women acting more like men? Unbalance, so now there are possibly men congregating as you mentioned the women do, just as there are now women who are more self dependant if you observe closer the planets behaviors you can see it...

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Most women share an understanding of things like periods, pregnancy and just dealing with us chaps which leads to a kind of universal empathy.

Most men share an understanding of loving sports, peeing standing up and shaving our faces.
Sure a alot of women can do all those things too so probably bad examples.

But the point stands, women are just as screwed up as guys. Any attempt to raise one over the other is a slap in the face to anyone who believes in equality.

But if you want to think of yourself as a parasite leaching on the almighty woman go ahead.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

universe might be the feminine and maleNess might be some other thing that's less...fundamental.

ATUM was not a female, there exists a balance between both masculine and feminine energy that was the primary reason for interacting in the thread to share with you. Now days there are men acting more and more like women and surprisingly women acting more like men? Unbalance, so now there are possibly men congregating as you mentioned the women do, just as there are now women who are more self dependant if you observe closer the planets behaviors you can see it...

Ok, but you are describing actions, rather than feelings aren't you?

Even fiercely independent women can feel for each other on a level of empathy greater than us lads can....Can't they?

Or is this merely the way it appears because we all live in what is broadly a patriarchy and my tiny monkey brain can't quite grasp such subtleties?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join