It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The difference between men and women

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeeep
a reply to: SprocketUK

The best way to understand men and women is either by the likeness of God or by a conqueror/submissive role.

The head/conqueror determines the spirit or will and puts its conception of it / what it sees of the spirit / its see(d) into the submissive body.

Think about the types of men that women like:
wealthy men who conquer wealth, funny men who conquer nerves, badboys who conquer "the man" / his opponents, taller/stronger builds, etc...

All types of conquerors.

And now think of the types of women that men like:
Gentile, passive, eager to be submissive, good listeners, women who do not command/conquer/nag, etc.

All types of submissives.

The reason women are more empathetic / better listeners is because they submit to and are open to heads/conquerors/seeder. That and the fact that they do not try to harden themselves / control their own emotions as much (being that they're submissive), and so they feel emotions stronger and can therefor better empathize.

Now this of course plays out across a spectrum, and neither is the better sex - they are more themselves with the other as they are two parts of a whole...

will/spirit, head/conqueror, body/form

The will/spirit is of God, or whomever's will is conceived (it is the will passed on by other heads).

My husband read this post over my shoulder and he said "Weak men look for weak women".

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Did you break him? If not, I feel for you, 'cause it sounds to me like you have a husband who wants to be the submissive one.

I mean, let's be real, alright? Do you see men lusting after large brutish or rugged women? No, of course not.

And look at the woman's build compared to the man's build - it's not by accident that women are the fairer sex - it's because, just as women want tall, strong, daring men, men naturally desire the weaker sex. Otherwise, what would you have? You can't both be the stronger sex.

And look at basically all of human history, even up to the present day (excluding the western propagandist culture): women were and still are groomed and chosen for their submissive qualities, just as men were and still are groomed and chosen for their conquering abilities.

Or across all lifeforms, yeah? The head or conqueror is almost always larger. Even in species that can change their sex, the largest is the head / conqueror and the other(s) are submissive.

So why in the hell would your husband think otherwise? He feels weak and/or wants to be submissive. There can't be anything else. Of all the trillions of lifeforms, I'm going to side with them and just assume your hubby is dysfunctional if he truly feels that way.

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I don't know how to characterize it. I look at it this way. You know those videos where some guy catches a line drive right in the nards? Most of the guys watching will wince. Some won't and the women will probably laugh. The guys who wince also caught one of those line drives. The guys who don't wince probably never got hit like that. The women laugh because, well, its funny...

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

I don't know how to characterize it. I look at it this way. You know those videos where some guy catches a line drive right in the nards? Most of the guys watching will wince. Some won't and the women will probably laugh. The guys who wince also caught one of those line drives. The guys who don't wince probably never got hit like that. The women laugh because, well, its funny...

It's funny and true.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

Ooor... Maybe her husband is confident with his masculinity enough to not need a weak partner to make him look tougher. That's what it boils down to, right? Weak men looking for weaker women so they can feel masculine?

Personally, I like my men to be skinny sensitive types but I like my women to be able to toss me around like a chew toy.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Little and ginger and evil.
That's how I like my women.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The difference between men and women.

Women see a mans butt and want to grab it.

Men see a womans butt and want to stick something up it.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Meh.

It's not about looks or vanity - it's about leadership. The looks, like words, are only meant to lead you to the will being conceived.

Think military, government, or any kind of partnership, or party, even at an office: you have the head of military, head of state, the head office, etc.

The final say or vote tally is the head.

If you have two [opposing] votes of equal measure, you will have an impassable conflict.
edit on 11/14/2016 by Bleeeeep because: [opposing]

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Hi Bleeeeeep- redhorse's husband here to clear things up.

I made this account today to straighten things out because I'm tired of hearing this misogynistic crap. I am not submissive. I am physically almost exactly 1.5x my wife's size. My wife is not big, she's way too beautiful for someone like me (at least that what my friends say), but she is strong of body and will. Just because I don't look for brutish physical characteristics doesn't mean I want a demure, submissive women. I want a woman that has as much fire as I do!

She didn't look for a rich man, or a large brutish man. She looked for a man of strong will and character. When we met, I was dead broke. I went from broke and nearly homeless to the Assistant Administrator of our local hospital with my eyes set on the CEO chair, making more money than anyone in my family has for several generations. I AM STRONGER BECAUSE I CHOSE A STRONG WOMAN. A strong woman will show you your weaknesses pretty quick and you can either become better, or the marriage fails.

I believe men that look for weak women do so because deep down inside- they know they themselves are too weak to endure a strong woman! Viking men appreciated strong women! No one called them weak or submissive. They believed their women should know how to fight in case they got attacked while the men were gone. I am confident that if someone came to my house with malicious intent while I am gone, they will face more than they bargained for!

I am strong, my wife is strong: When we get in fights it gets EPIC! But we eventually work it out and are stronger for it.

To me, you look weak because you need a weak woman to feel strong by comparison.

By the way: we have been married for going on 20 years now, I think it's working pretty well, thanks for asking.

edit on 14-11-2016 by Iforgot because: typos: misspelling gene

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Iforgot

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   

"Viking men appreciated strong women! No one called them weak or submissive. They believed their women should know how to fight in case they got attacked while the men were gone."

They made the women and children stay home and look after themselves - the same for most all warmongering cultures, basically?

And why did they leave them behind, I wonder? Was it because they were misogynistic or sexual realists?

You need to grow up and realize you've been perverted by western propaganda.

Men and women look different because they are different. They are equal, but equal in their own separate roles and behavior.

Simple questions to ask yourself: (don't answer to me)
Do you want to be the head of your relationship or do you want to be the body? Do you want to be submissive or do you want to be the conqueror? One of you must give in each conflict - there are no two ways about it.

Do you really enjoy the conflict as much as you put on?:
"When we get in fights it gets EPIC! But we eventually work it out and are stronger for it."

You enjoy that? You enjoy battling your wife, over and over, only for one of you to be forced into submission each time?

How much are you really around one another? How much are you really partners? Do you practically live separate lives and let one another do their own thing? And when you are together, do you avoid anything that might trigger a conflict?

Be honest with yourself, you avoid your problems and conflict more than you get into it. And you definitely don't enjoy it. One of you are quick to submit. One of you is the submissive.

Just acknowledge it and accept it, look inside yourself and see the truth. Don't kid yourself and come online with that western equality trans sis gendered im a gay wabbit and I have rights, nonsense. Truth isn't misogynistic. Truth is you're a man and she's a woman and both of you have been indoctrinated with subversive lies.

Deal with it.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeeep

Meh.

It's not about looks or vanity - it's about leadership. The looks, like words, are only meant to lead you to the will being conceived.

Think military, government, or any kind of partnership, or party, even at an office: you have the head of military, head of state, the head office, etc.

The final say or vote tally is the head.

If you have two [opposing] votes of equal measure, you will have an impassable conflict.
edit on 11/14/2016 by Bleeeeep because: [opposing]

All I know is that if somebody, man or woman, entered into a relationship with me with all that going through their head, I'd be pretty creeped out.

I don't consider my relationships to be conflicts. They are partnerships and yes, they work just fine without one party dominating the other.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Thanks for making an account to chime in. You and Redhorse are both super lucky to have one another and sound like an awesome couple.

And I agree 100%.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

All I know is that if somebody, man or woman, entered into a relationship with me with all that going through their head, I'd be pretty creeped out.

I'm sure you do well with the creeps:

Personally, I like my men to be skinny sensitive types but I like my women to be able to toss me around like a chew toy.

I mean wtf? What is wrong with you? I'm creepy and you're normal? lol.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Hell of a first post there Iforgot

Can't disagree with anything you said.

Now, can the rest of us try and keep this a bit civil? I wasn't after some stupid gender war but trying to clear up the question I posed in the OP.

I don't care who someone else dates and why. I know "my type" of women and that will probably never change.
I make no judgement of anyone else. I merely wondered if anyone else has a similar view about the nature of the male and the female or an explanation perhaps.

I am fully prepared to be dead wrong by the way, All this falls into the realms of feelings and intuitions which I am utterly rubbish at

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

id have to agree we all start out with the same dna to make us into either male or female
we are both a part of each other , we have female attributes and male attributes

we are the living breathing embodiement of the duality , no trifecta of life

light and dark and the whole, male and female and the whole

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Hello again.

I would like to comment on some of your points:

Simple questions to ask yourself: (don't answer to me)

So, you want to have your say without giving me a chance to respond with a counter argument? This sounds like someone that simply wants to be in charge whether they are right or wrong. This is the framework for the relationship you propose: You are in charge, she is submissive. yYou say your peace, she cannot. There's no one to tell you when you're wrong, so you must be right (or at least feel that way).

You enjoy that? You enjoy battling your wife, over and over, only for one of you to be forced into submission each time?

neither of us "enjoys" fighting. Eventually we calm down, discuss things, and find middle ground that acknowledges the valid points of the other. Through this we come closer to truth, or good decisions, than either of us can separately.

How much are you really around one another?

A lot. Neither of us is happy spending too much time apart. We see each other every day, talk every day, in the morning before work and after. Our relationship is stronger because we can be open and honest about how we feel, even if it's not happy.

One of you must give in each conflict - there are no two ways about it.

Yes, but it's not the same one every time. In your proposed model, where she is submissive, I would likely become a tyrant: overpowering her needs and convincing myself I'm good to her when she really has no say. I win some, I lose some.

You need to grow up and realize you've been perverted by western propaganda.

This is the culture of my birth. I have not been "perverted" by my culture any more then you have been "perverted" by yours.

Do you want to be the head of your relationship or do you want to be the body? Do you want to be submissive or do you want to be the conqueror?

Neither. Both make me unhappy. One way I am a slave, the other way I am a tyrant.

At the end of the day, I see a lot of "men" with this point of view use it as an excuse to subjugate women. To be in one-sided relationships where their wife is little more than a servant, all the while lying to themselves by saying "I should be in charge", "She shouldn't argue with me", "I'm the man, this is my house, you'll do as I say!"

I will concede: if there was a physical conflict, I see it as my job to protect my family, even my wife. She is physically weaker than I, but I still admire her other strengths, and she has helped me become a better man.

I know you have a lot invested in this being a universal truth. I disagree.
I will not change you. You will not change me. Your way is not the right way for everyone.

My Point:
You called me weak. You told my wife she "broke" me. I have not been broken. I am better, and stronger, than ever. You have no right to call me weak because I have a strong wife and don't fit your view of the universe.

And, by the way:
Vikings usually left the women behind because they are physically smaller and not as strong. Sometimes, the women did go with them. They were called "Shield Maidens" (yes, that part of the TV show was based on fact).

edit on 15-11-2016 by Iforgot because: typos: misspelling gene again. Thanks hun

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

It's our moon phases.

We gals form an intimate bond with each other because of our synchronized moon phases.... something you mayflies will never understand.

In all seriousness though, I'm one of those types of females that doesn't get along with most other women. I get along better with men on a social level. Most of my pals throughout life have been of the male gender (probably because I've always been the tomboy type with more masculine type of interests and hobbies), whereas I only have a few very close girlfriends that I've kept over the years.

I enjoy the company of my hubby's buddies and we have great laughs and conversations together with many similar interests... they refer to me as "one of the better looking guys".

But I definitely do have a much closer intimate bond with my girlfriends (in terms of a spiritual/emotional level). We share things like the commonalities of motherhood, female biologies, etc and the deep-seeded emotional/psychological familiarities that go along with those things.

Oh, and we get to bitch about our pain-in-the-ass husbands... all of us vehemently nodding our heads in agreement with each other over the same types of dumb things that hubbies tend to do.

Confirmation bias is a strong bonding agent for us gals.

*snicker snicker*

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Now, can the rest of us try and keep this a bit civil? I wasn't after some stupid gender war but trying to clear up the question I posed in the OP.

I don't care who someone else dates and why. I know "my type" of women and that will probably never change.
I make no judgement of anyone else. I merely wondered if anyone else has a similar view about the nature of the male and the female or an explanation perhaps.

I am fully prepared to be dead wrong by the way, All this falls into the realms of feelings and intuitions which I am utterly rubbish at

I think that any time you start to talk about men and women, and even more, present women in a positive light you will get a gender war on ATS. There are too many MRA's, MGTOW's, and the gambit of disaffected angry men who feel that society has failed them and society has failed them because women have too much power. So they bristle and wade in to explain, or rage that it's wrong.

Regarding your original question; I think men do have a shared brotherhood. They have a shared understanding in protecting, being brave (even when you don't feel brave) and expressing stoicism. I do think that modern values create some confusion and many men are struggling to find their masculine identity. Some, (and they are becoming more numerous) like Bleeeep, frame that identity in a presentation of dominance. Male = dominant. Done. This is how it should be, do not question it. Human interactions, and more to the point, intimate relationships are always more complex than that. There is no simple answer to a complex problem. Males are driven to dominate, that's true. I agree with Bleeeep in as much that this is written into the DNA, hard wired into the biology at least (I don't know about the rest of it). However that tendency left unchecked by themselves or society or their more personal social interactions can make for a very bad situation indeed. Many cultures have interesting (and sometimes radical) checks on this, especially for young males; there are a few tribal societies that basically kick them out to go on walk about, because they are just too disruptive. If all of your males are walking around trying to dominate everything and "be the head" then all you have is conflict. A masculine tendency to dominate, left unchecked, creates instability and it's hard to have offspring survive within a violent or even socially chaotic situation. That's why defining masculinity as dominance alone is ultimately not workable for the society as a whole.

I think that empathy among males is often lacking too. I think that one reason for that, especially among young men, is that for men empathy is associated with intimacy and intimacy is always tinged with sexual intimacy and so, men are afraid to try to create those bonds because of how it may be perceived. I have often speculated that in ancient Rome and Greece where male to male sexual relationships were normal, and even socially expected, that empathy between men was easier. However, even those male homosexual relationships were socially defined by dominance, so maybe not.
edit on 15-11-2016 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

You still don't understand.

When I said you are to be the conqueror, I meant that wholly: You are the conqueror period. It is your job to be her helper as a conqueror and it is her job to be your helper as the body.

Your house? She is the house. The conqueror builds up the nest, and the nest gives it rest.

You build the nest, you go out and conquer, and she stays back and does nest stuff.

You know how women want to decorate the house, how they have empty nest syndrome, etc. and so forth.

They are the nest.

And it's not about anyone being someone's slave - she isn't a house slave and you aren't a field slave.

It is about behavior roles, where you become one, each doing its part for the whole. You're working together, as partners, not slaves.

You like religion? Here:

Ephesians 5:22-31

22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

I've explained it every way I know how, now. From sociopolitical behavior, to animalistic / instinctual / natural behavior, to religious behavior.

If you still don't get it. I'm sorry, I tried.

p.s. I meant the post for you, not her. I wanted you to answer the questions to yourself so you would actually look in your heart. (It was man to man, and not about her, and for no one but yourself to know the answers to.) Go meditate on it. (contemplate) And finally, if you said your initial comment just to bolster her ego, you should check that nonsense and build her up properly. Besides, I'm pretty sure I never even said weak to begin with, but if I did, I meant physically not as strong or big / less rugged / fairer, as woman are often called.

"Weak men look for weak women"

edit on 11/15/2016 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join