It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Obama Doomsday that Wasn't

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Wait, Democrats tried to multiply business taxes by a factor of 10???

Sorry but I have a hard time believing that. If that were the case then we'd be in a recession right now.

we are still in a recession right now. But who gives a # about Obama, he's done now. He can golf full time. We have a new president to lead us. I hope he does a better job. I'd love for my community to bounce back and be prosperous like it was in the early 2000's.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Obama did make many things worse.

He was put in check by a Republican congress before he could do anymore damage, but not before we got the disaster that is Obamacare.

Yes, it could have been much worse.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dudeI'd love for my community to bounce back and be prosperous like it was in the early 2000's.

I don't remember the early 2000's being prosperous. I remember the tech bubble bursting, the country heading into a recession, the financial markets being depressed, and expensive wars that did nothing for us back at home. I remember the mid 2000's were a continuation of those wars, and a high Dow Jones just like now, but also just like now the economic figures sucked.

I remember doing deliveries for a local deli at that time. I paid my own gas, used my own car, split my tips with every other employee in the shop, and was paid half of minimum wage because it was a tipped position. In the end I would clear about $4.50/hr with tips, of which $3.00/hr went to pay for my gas for the deliveries.

From what I remember of those times, they weren't prosperous at all. It was a time where the dollar started to decline, and all we were told was how we would have to tighten our belts and eat # sandwiches so that the small businesses wouldn't go under.

This is actually something about Trump that excites me, because I want to see if he can turn it around. I'm sick of being poor. I'm not unskilled, or uneducated. The jobs simply don't exist. In my entire adult lifetime I've never seen the prosperity that others talk about. I've seen cities and towns crumble, wither away, and die because their economies flat line. Lets see if he can actually change that, bonus points if he does it in an ethical way.
edit on 13-11-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join