It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Obama Doomsday that Wasn't

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Looking back now at the end of the Obama administration, the one thing that's most striking is how many of the terrible things he was accused of planning never happened, and weren't even planned yet people still believed and spread the lies and propaganda.

There were a lot of accusations during the Obama administration about how he was going to:

Radically alter the country
Destroy America
End Christianity
Make the US a Muslim nation
Destroy capitalism
Take away everyone's guns
Outlaw right-wing radio through a new fairness doctrine
Put people in FEMA camps
And cause the US to have another 9-11 by allegedly emboldening the terrorists.

Well, none of those things happened. In fact President Obama saved us from the great recession and stabilized the economy leading to the greatest jobs expansion in decades. Sure, domestically there's a lot of discontent, but it's mostly based on myth and dogma and not reality.

America at the end of the Obama era may not be perfect, but it's far better than it was at the end of the Bush era, and much better than most people will admit. The reality is that the country isn't much different than it ever was. I still see businesses everywhere, cars and trucks still clogging our roads, there's more guns that ever before, and I haven't seen any churches disbanded or destroyed, nor have there been any huge Al Qaeda attacks on the US.

Everything seems to be pretty much normal except the American people. They seem to be crazier, more fundamentalist, more intolerant and more dogmatic than ever before, but you can't blame Obama for that, especially when it's the right who have been attacking him the entire time, even before he took office.

I believe that objectively you must conclude that the Obama administration was not a failure, even if it wasn't the greatest Presidency on record.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Yea emperor obama was going to force all christian to turn to islam or wipe them off the planet, obamacare would make 100 million american go bankrupt. Take all there guns away, put them in fema camps and start ww3.

Obama the anti christ.

Good times

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
"Radically alter the country"

Sending race relations back to the 60's, and his lack of leadership in respect, while infact encouraging that divisiveness... was pretty damn radical.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Come on now, dont use logic, tinfoilers will never agree with that..

Until he is out of off office you have someone on here thinking " i just know that Devil Obama is figuring out a way to keep himself in the whitehouse for another term. I mean tomorrow he is going to declare Marshall Laws (their spelling not mine) and take my guns!"

RIght or wrong, good or bad..Their is a certain % of people in this country that literally would be blame Obama if he gave everyone 100k just because he is black. Just like there is a certain % of people that are going to blame Trump just because he is white.

LIke with every presidency I feel that we are better off in someways and worse off in other ways. That means that for the past 8 years Obama was the President of a country made up of a different race, classes, beliefs and go figure he couldnt make everyone happy.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

The country is radically altered. The prevailing sentiment is that if one person wants a thing because they feel it is unfair to them not to have it, then all must be forced to allow it even if they would prefer not to for the "greater good." Racial tensions are the worst they have ever been since the '60s and riots are becoming distressingly common when one grievance group or another doesn't get what they want.

Destroy America

Maybe you live in the beltway, but I've watched whole communites crumble under the economic policies of the past eight years.

End Christianity

There has been as concerted an effort to put it in the closet as there has been to bring gays out of it.

Make the US a Muslim nation

That should really be part and parcel with your previous point.

Destroy capitalism

When the government steps in to regulate entire sectors of the economy so tightly it might as well be running it, then the effect is teh same. We have effective monopolies in health insurance in many places now thanks to that. It is traditionally called fascism, but of course, since you lefties can't be fascist, you deny what's looking you in the face.

Take away everyone's guns

Not through lack of trying.

Outlaw right-wing radio through a new fairness doctrine

Not through lack of trying. The FCC was busy moving on the Internet though.

And cause the US to have another 9-11 by allegedly emboldening the terrorists.

How many terror attacks happened on US soil during the last eight years? A lot more than happened prior.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

The legacy of Obama, beside a failure health care and increasing wealth fair he actually got nothing to show for.

Oh, I almost forgot he did increase the racial divisions in the country and allow CAIR to spread in the nation.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Just because somebody failed doesn't automatically mean they didn't try.

The U.S. Congress prevented a lot from happening. Very important to note that fact.

-Confucius

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The country is radically altered. The prevailing sentiment is that if one person wants a thing because they feel it is unfair to them not to have it, then all must be forced to allow it even if they would prefer not to for the "greater good."

You mean like an equal right to marriage, and healthcare for all American citizens? Wow, what a bunch of #s.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

The country is radically altered. The prevailing sentiment is that if one person wants a thing because they feel it is unfair to them not to have it, then all must be forced to allow it even if they would prefer not to for the "greater good."

You mean like an equal right to marriage, and healthcare for all American citizens? Wow, what a bunch of #s.

Oh, you have a right to it ... if you are poor enough that the rest of us have to pay for it -or- if you are rich enough that you can afford the drastically higher costs. For the rest of us, we get punished for not being able to afford it and that fine goes to pay for the rest of y'all.

The left likes to say we force grandma to choose between cat food or housing, well you are forcing some people to choose between health care or housing and then you get fat off the fines they pay when they decide a roof over their family's heads is more immediately important.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It's not over yet. I will feel better January 22, 2017

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Just because somebody failed doesn't automatically mean they didn't try.

The U.S. Congress prevented a lot from happening. Very important to note that fact.
a reply to: xuenchen

If I told my boss I tried, it wouldn't take long and I would be fired.

The POTUS doesn't make excuses he makes a legacy. Name 1 positive thing that Obama did that didn't have huge costs.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Health care is not free and is not for all, still 22% of the poor do not have healthcare and can not afford it, the rest already had insurance to begin with, what they didn't have was the taxes and mandate plus increasing premiums, do the numbers and you will see that is nothing but a scam to make hard working Americans to pay insurance companies by mandate.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

The Obama Doomsday that Wasn't

And yet how many #n doomsday Trump threads have you posted in the past few days??

I see your cognitive dissonance is functioning as programmed.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

Oh, you have a right to it ... if you are poor enough that the rest of us have to pay for it -or- if you are rich enough that you can afford the drastically higher costs. For the rest of us, we get punished for not being able to afford it and that fine goes to pay for the rest of y'all.

The left likes to say we force grandma to choose between cat food or housing, well you are forcing some people to choose between health care or housing and then you get fat off the fines they pay when they decide a roof over their family's heads is more immediately important.

Yeah, the ACA is a mess because it was politicized and hacked up before being implemented - doesn't negate the fact that we could and should be providing healthcare for everyone, since those without are still a burden on the system anyway.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Health care is not free and is not for all, still 22% of the poor do not have healthcare and can not afford it, the rest already had insurance to begin with, what they didn't have was the taxes and mandate plus increasing premiums, do the numbers and you will see that is nothing but a scam to make hard working Americans to pay insurance companies by mandate.

We got screwed.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I've watched whole communites crumble under the economic policies of the past eight years

I'm calling the BS flag on that one. The only communities I've heard of crumbling are small farming towns and that's because young people are moving to the cities to escape fundamentalist hellholes. It has nothing to do with Obama.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

We dissected ACA when it was been planned, I have to give it to Obama his original bill was for health care free for all, but his own party too it away from him went into closed doors with the insurance companies and came out with a different bill than the original all thanks to the insurance lobbyist lawyers that work on it.

The mandate was insurance idea, pre existing condition ban was the only thing that was worth, but the insurance failed to cover the same small group of the poor that it was supposed to help.

That small group still depend on Medicaid for their needs.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Yep...things are going swimmingly...

I mean sure, we surrendered entire swaths of conquered lands to Islamist savages in the greatest blunder in American foreign-policy history but hey who's counting…

Presdient Obama killed the moon program for christs sake....awesome work mr high minded liberal...

Obama instructed the administrator of NASA to change his primary focus to "making Muslims feel good about their contributions to math and science"...attempting genocide on homosexuals is subtraction so that's technically math…great job Muslims!

And sure they're destroying our shared history by razing museums and priceless archaeological sites to the ground but who's counting…

I'm sure they're just doing it because of something George W. Bush did...

Obama was out of his depth from day 1 and should crawl back to his community organizers office if those draft dodging hippies even have an office...

If not maybe he can work out of Bernadine Dorn and Bill Ayres' home office…

Obama's legacy will be completely erased over the next 8 months and I cannot wait to watch it struck down at every turn…

He will become a parentheses in history…

Obama will reside metaphorically next to the other effete ineffectual presidents like Jimmy Carter...

-Chris
edit on 13-11-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

We dissected ACA when it was been planned, I have to give it to Obama his original bill was for health care free for all, but his own party too it away from him went into closed doors with the insurance companies and came out with a different bill than the original all thanks to the insurance lobbyist lawyers that work on it.

The mandate was insurance idea, pre existing condition ban was the only thing that was worth, but the insurance failed to cover the same small group of the poor that it was supposed to help.

That small group still depend on Medicaid for their needs.

Which still doesn't negate my point. Everyone can and should be covered, there was legitimate good intention that was shot to # by the house and senate.

A president can only be held so responsible for 700 other lawmakers.
edit on 11/13/2016 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

That's the thing. No one prevents you from receiving health care even if you cannot pay. That is a law.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join