It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SJW's: They are what happens when children grow up NOT playing outside.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
They've never wiped out on their bike and scraped the hell out of their knees, for the 10th time 'this summer alone', to only go out riding the bike again tomorrow. They've never had a bonfire, let alone enough to have nearly fallen into them dozens of times; are afraid of fire like a opossum because they dont 'understand it'. They've never built a tree fort way out in the woods; had to drag all that timber and such out there; lost one of dads tools in the process and had to learn a bit of responsibility from it (instead they grow up "needing" "safe spaces" as adults). They've never had a huge treble fishing hook snared in their leg etc. They've never caught salamanders and had that slime stuff harden like glue all over their hands; sure to go do it again tomorrow. They've never fallen through the ice and into swamp, or the creek, and had to slug their way a half a mile home half frozen while soaking wet and half covered in mud. They've never been convinced they wouldn't make it home without frost bite, for the 100 time, and 100's more to come... They never on their own stood up to a neighborhood bully. They've never been stung a dozen times by angry yellow jackets, while out flipping over rocks looking for cool critters, because that's what kids naturally do. They cant even fathom the idea of playing outside everyday without a cell phone, just out in the woods or whatever, out riding bikes, etc, to the wind, until it starts getting dark out finally start heading home to think of what to go and do out there in the 'wild' tomorrow. They've never ran out of firecrackers, so they had to go and find the duds with wicks only 1mmm long, and try to light them, and have them explode in their fingertips...

But now they want to act all tough and throw rocks at cars and start fist fights??!?!?! Next they'll want to make bombs and throw Molotov Cocktails, even though they never grew up playing with fire and fireworks every summer as sport.

I say they just stick a 2 pronged fork in the power outlet receptacle and not let go.

What were some of your routine 'natural' childhood experiences that would make today's adult SJW's cringe?
edit on 13-11-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

While I understand and appreciate your rant. Keep in mind Trump won by being underestimated. The DNC screwed Bernie and propped up Trump (per Wikileaks).

The last thing we need to do is underestimate anything, or sell those ideas short.

We all have to be ready to engage in real conversation or this country will be burning for some time.

Everyone is mad and rightfully so, we are all just engaging the wrong targets.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Perfectly said. Only those that lived it understand. Comparisons to Trump dont do your perfect sentiment justice. I suspect Trump and anyone else that grew up before the 80s agree with you.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I'm post eighties and I voted Trump, just like 45% of my generation. That is comparable to the popular vote. So I don't understand why anyone born post eighties wouldn't understand.
edit on 12-11-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
They've never wiped out on their bike and scraped the hell out of their knees, for the 10th time 'this summer alone', to only go out riding the bike again tomorrow. They've never had a bonfire, let alone enough to have nearly fallen into them dozens of times; are afraid of fire like a opossum because they dont 'understand it'. They've never built a tree fort way out in the woods; had to drag all that timber and such out there; lost one of dads tools in the process and had to learn a bit of responsibility from it (then grow up still needing their own safe spaces as adults). They've never had a huge treble fishing hook snared in their leg etc. They've never caught salamanders and had that slime stuff harden like glue all over their hands; sure to go do it again tomorrow. They've never fallen through the ice in swamp, or the creek, and had to slug their way a half a mile home half frozen while soaking wet and half covered in mud. They've never been convinced they wouldn't make it home without frost bite, for the 100 time, and 100's more to come... They never on their own stood up to a neighborhood bully. They've never been stung a dozen times by angry yellow jackets, while out flipping over rocks looking for cool critters, because that's what kids naturally do. They cant even fathom the idea of playing outside everyday without a cell phone, just out in the woods or whatever, out riding bikes, etc, to the wind, until it starts getting dark out finally start heading home to think of what to go and do out there in the 'wild' tomorrow. They've never ran out of firecrackers, so they had to go and find the duds with wicks only 1mmm long, and try to light them, and have them explode in their fingertips...

But now they want to act all tough and throw rocks at cars and start fist fights??!?!?! Next they'll want to make bombs and throw Molotov Cocktails, even though they never grew up playing with fire and fireworks every summer as sport.

I say they just stick a 2 pronged fork in the power outlet receptacle and not let go.

What are your 'natural' childhood experiences that would make adult SJW's cringe?

Right first thing jack,,,

Stop bad mouthing "safe spaces", since daddy has won the election I am now turning into a entrepreneur and safe spaces are the market I am going into.. I do not need informed people like you stating the obvious..

Second, let these adult SJW cuck's carry on, it will just mean the alpha male among us have far more choices in a mate.

Third, there attitude and behaviour is what it is because they have not been called out on their BS, all that will change in time and when they are sharing a cell with a hairy biker called Betty they will have a big attitude adjustment..

RA

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I was a 'kid' in the 80's. A 'teen' in the 90's. Pagers only became a thing that we could get at at around age 15. In those days parents had reservations about given them to their 'kids'. I suspect that now every 8 year old HAS to the have smart phone both in the eyes of the parents and the expectation of the kids themselves.
edit on 12-11-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
In the 2000 they had to adjust the scent of certain play dough and crayon sets cause kids were eating them... I think there is a correlation ...

Then again.... my cousins kid ate the dogs peanut butter flavor/scented bubbles.. just like normal bubbles, but smell and taste like peanut butter. Theyd blow the bubbles and laugh that the kid and the dog both would compete to eat the bubbles. My cousins husband called me an asshole cause I asked does **kids name** play fetch too? Hey, it was a legit question.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Ha! I had a neighborhood friend he had a habit of eating paper! LOL!

Another one, one time he lead us over to this huge patch of poison ivy and started pulling it down, rubbing it all over himself just so he didn't have to go to school that week. If you could see the dead serious look on his face as he did it.

That was the kind of stuff when we were like 11-12 years old.

edit on 12-11-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Advantage

Ha! I had a neighborhood friend he had a habit of eating paper! LOL!

Another one, one time he lead us over to this huge patch of poison ivy and started pulling it down, rubbing it all over himself just so he didn't have to go to school that week. If you could see the dead serious look on his face as he did it.

HAHA!!!! I can imagine it! Oh what we would do for that blessed day off from school!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Its not intended to be a rebuttal to your post as much as an acknowledgement to what I hear from th op.

The reason you dont get it, im afraid is why I stated, however I applaud your upbringing and welcome you young arse to the fold.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Eh, I can take a jab. I welcome Any opposition to my ideology. And my ideology is litteraly against "loyal" party followers.

In a country of 330 million people I don't fit into one of two parties. I can live with that.

edit on 12-11-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I have literally experienced everything you mention and you may be on to something......I bet none of them even had a BB Gun as a pre-teen either.....

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Have they ever dug a dozen pellets out of their skin with an Old Timer only to go back to their fort in the woods the next day for another pick-up game of pellet gun wars?

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I got my first pocket knife at age 6. My 7th birthday present was a hatchet.
I remember my cousins and I being given packs of 'inchers' firecrackers and matches and being sent outside to 'play' when I was in elementary school.
I watched Roadrunner/Coyote 'violent' cartoons.
I have yet to participate in a riot.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I'll add that they probably, as kids had to have move heavy broken slabs of concrete back and forth daily for a week to make a garden rockery for their parents and loose a finger nail because of it. Or dig up an entire back garden to over turn the soil and get rid of waste high stinging nettles and thorny weeds using nothing more than a forked shovel, in the cold and pouring rain. etc. I was not slack in my duties and I never complained. I pity these SJW's for they will never know the wildness of childhood, not when they want the whole planet to be a safe space.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
< raises hands > Yeah, 80's kid/90's teen with former farmer parents here having grown up doing most of the OP's bullet list.
To the meat of my post, I have a question -- how does one explain the SJWs & SJW feminists of my/our era who grew up doing the exact same s#?

The parental mollycoddling fad began in the 80's, did it not? Therefore, wouldn't the blame be more appropriately leveled on the parents from the 50's/60's childhoods? Those post-80's snowflakes didn't suddenly get a kids-only memo via Highlights on how to be snowflakes, people.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I had my own gun about 12 years old.

I certainly got to "play" with them at a younger age.

Never a problem....
edit on 13-11-2016 by FlyingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I think you make a very good point, and it's one that my son and I actually discussed recently.

The so-called "free-range" kids -- at least I think I've seen them called that these days -- learned about the real world and all the natural laws that apply by living it. They know there are no safe spaces... and never wanted them. Too much to see and do and enjoy.

We knew the rules and broke them at our own risk. We knew every parent in the neighborhood was watching us and had our parents' permission to discipline us as they deemed fit -- before telling our folks and getting punished all over again by them. No excuses. No safe spaces. My son was shocked when I told him that I much preferred a whooping to being grounded. After all, a whooping was over and done with pretty quick (even the pain)... but a grounding dragged on and on and on...

We didn't have unrealistic expectations of perpetual safety -- much less safe spaces. And we knew life wasn't fair because we were constantly told it wasn't, and reality proved them right -- again and again. We got along with our friends because if we didn't, we wouldn't have any.

We came home when the streetlights came on because we knew if we didn't we wouldn't get any dinner... and we ate whatever was put on the table in front of us because we knew if we didn't we would go hungry. But even then, sometimes we made that choice -- liver and onions anyone??? -- because going hungry was better than eating whatever was put in front of us.

We also learned to make wiser choices, taking reasonable precautions for reasonable risks. We learned to choose our battles carefully, because some just weren't worth the time and effort. We learned that life is what we make of it. And we learned to appreciate the blessings in our life because we knew the downsides as well and nothing is guaranteed in life.

Yes, I think you may be on to something here.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Now that takes my mind back . My dad had a junk yard ans so we would actually get to kill the thing before taking it apart .Seemed only fair . We would use the ditch to drive neighborhood while utilizing the culverts for ramps to jump . Cant ever remember seat belts because this was pre 1967 . we were the crash test dummies of the neighborhood . One thing I want to mention but would also warn not to try is to hit a 12 gauge shotgun shell with a hammer or try to fire it out of a flare gun .ears still ring to this day . My buddy tried lighting a cigarette with a shot gun once .funniest thing you could have ever seen .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join