It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SJW's: They are what happens when children grow up NOT playing outside.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Good stuff, my uncle he has stories about when they were late teens in that same era, back in the greaser/socie days (my mom was a greaser but he was a socie)... they'd buy cars just dropped off at the junk yard for the equivalent of like $200. And then they'd play tag with the cars: hide & seek and chase and crash tag your it. I could never get enough of those stories, which were even pretty much out of the question by the 90's.
edit on 13-11-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I think the term "SJWs" is stupid, but that's just my opinion, because it's taken something that's probably a good thing and applied the term to the type of scumbags you wrote about in the OP. It disregards good people doing something useful, while highlighting the small minority few who are jerks/idiots.

Leaving that aside though, it's certainly not good for children's mental, social and spiritual development.

After 6+ months, we've finally determined for sure that two young children live in the house two doors down from us. Our kids play outside most every day - cold rain and extreme cold winter days with no snow being the only days they stay in all day. It's creepy, and i feel bad for the kids. The parents' behavior is bizarre - could be its own "Aliens" forum thread, but the poor kids...

The 7-8 year old boy gets to go outside once a week to help his dad bring the garbage cans down to the end of the driveway. They must be horrified by my son using the power drill at 2, propane torch at 3, and circular saw at 4. He knows how to use power tools safely already - their son would likely set himself on fire, drill holes through his arm and saw his leg off.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
So what if they are?

Why does it matter?

Doesn't bother me if some people want safe spaces or whatnot. Why should it? I'm not offended by other people being offended by things, that's their business to decide what they think and feel.

All this complaining about precious and unique snowflakeism sounds itself a bit like precious and unique snowflaking.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

The "SJW" term just has a nice ring to it, and really makes discussions much easier. The part where they're offended by being called social justice warriors, while it is rather hilarious, it really tells the tale of everything that's wrong with their hypersensitive mentality.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
It`s called real world experience,without it you have no frame of reference to judge what you read and what the media tells you, is true or not.

social media is not the real world,don`t believe everything social media tells you,turn off your damn Iphones and go out in the real world and experience things for yourself.

"social media says if I fall through the ice into a swamp I`ll freeze to death on the walk home"
" OMG Donald trump wants us to walk across this frozen swamp, we`ll fall in and freeze to death on the walk home,we need to protest! RABBLE...RABBLE...RABBLE!"

" I`m a girl and Donald trump wants me to walk across a frozen swamp so I will fall in and freeze to death, Donald trump is sexist!, RABBLE..RABBLE...RABBLE"

" I`m black and Donald trump wants me to walk across a frozen swamp so I will fall in and freeze to death, Donald trump is racist! RABBLE...RABBLE..RABBLE!"

"I`m gay and Donald trump wants me to walk across....."

RABBLE,RABBLE,RABBLE.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

The problem isn`t that they want to get offended by everything and run and hide in their safe places,
the problem is that they are trying to force everyone to NOT say anything that might offend them and send then scurrying off to their safe places.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Myself as well. Im an independent, homesteader...small government, liberty lover

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: dogstar23

The "SJW" term just has a nice ring to it, and really makes discussions much easier. The part where they're offended by being called social justice warriors, while it is rather hilarious, it really tells the tale of everything that's wrong with their hypersensitive mentality.

Actually, it tells the tale of the person making the statement. It tells me a tale that the person saying these things don't want to look around at all and try something other than belligerent dialogue. A lot of these same folks, when saying racist things (not saying you personally) are called racists, the same argument comes with whining, crying, etc. Snowflakes who don't realize they are snowflaking are calling other people snowflakes.

If you really think about it, the idea of a snowflake is all about not wanting to listen to people who disagree with their ideas to the point of plugging ears and telling people not to talk against their beliefs.

I am not denying that some liberals do this

But there are some conservatives who do the same and call us libtards, snowflakes, thugs, and many other names. It infiltrates everyone

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join