It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sore Winners: We all MUST do better

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+54 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Sore Winners

A sore winner is someone who wins and spends far too much time gloating over it, to the point that the rest of the people feel poorly about even participating.

I've been very critical of the sore losers after this election; but I am just critical of the sore winners... perhaps moreso. There is nothing good or productive or righteous about gloating, much less mocking and taunting and insulting the political opposition. It only creates more problems for all of us, and does not even truly serve one's best political interests -- whatever those are. Sadly, there aren't many voices out there on either side calling out the sore winners. I know. I looked. All I found were a couple blogs; but no real leadership.

The Sore Winners Can’t Move On

Sore Winners

This in-fighting is not helping any of us! It simply makes us all pawns -- some willing pawns -- in the divide-and-conquer war against us. When we keep doing what we've been doing, we'll keep getting what we've already gotten!!!

Learn from Mitt Romney's suicidal "47%" comment... Learn from Hillary's "irredeemables" and "deplorables" comment... Learn from the last many years of blaming and hating and fighting... Learn from these folks:

Democrats Have No One to Blame but Themselves for Trump

Stop Shaming Trump Supporters

We have to learn to do better. We ALL have to do better.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Eventually things will cool down.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
That wouldn't be fun would it, when your team usually loses, most of us get all hyped up for that big win.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I'm glad somebody said it. Prepared to get hammered though lady. I've called people on it, but I'm the opposition (don't like Hillary but hate Trump more).

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I hope and pray you're right...

I'm truly afraid what might happen during this transition period between the election and electoral college vote and the inauguration... before Trump even has a chance to prove (or disprove) himself. Whichever it will be.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Send your suggestion to sore loser Hillary. She's condoned the petition that so far has 3 million voters who want to change the election results.

Story: www.foxnews.com...

It's obvious that this effort would lead to counter-efforts by Trump voters, and end up nowhere. Apparently too many people have too much time on their hands...sigh.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
That wouldn't be fun would it, when your team usually loses, most of us get all hyped up for that big win.

I guess that's where perspective is everything... I'm sure not having fun

I guess I'll have to hope that more people would rather be productive and proactive than have fun.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

I'm glad somebody said it.

Whew! I wondered...

Prepared to get hammered though lady. I've called people on it, but I'm the opposition (don't like Hillary but hate Trump more).

Thanks for the warning! I polished my best armor this morning before suiting up... I'm ready!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I'm truly afraid what might happen during this transition period between the election and electoral college vote and the inauguration... before Trump even has a chance to prove (or disprove) himself. Whichever it will be.

look, from now to the swearing in, trump will be as charming as possible....after that, all bets are off.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Send your suggestion to sore loser Hillary.

If I thought it would do any good, I would... So I'm just trying to address those I can.

Apparently too many people have too much time on their hands...sigh.

Indeed. And others are making a pretty penny from Soros to cause trouble and rile the masses. I guess that's what happens when the job market is what it is, eh? (And both sides are to blame for that!)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Let them have the W for once. Let them gloat. Donald Trump is the complete delegitimization of the right. They selected a barely literate President and a vice president who doesn't believe smoking kills and believes the earth is 6,000 years old.

Seriously. Which is worse? Getting voted out of Washington? Or getting laughed out of Washington?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
My candidate lost, but I don't feel like a 'sore loser' in any way. The process functioned the way it was designed to function and the people have spoken.

I am disappointed, saddened, and in a period of switching gears, trying to make sense of it all, but I'm not angry, or however you describe a 'sore loser'.

I think I did more or less go through the stages of grief, or 'bad news', you know denial, anger, bargaining, not really depression but some sorrow, but now acceptance. I don't like it, but I accept it.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

...from now to the swearing in, trump will be as charming as possible....after that, all bets are off.

You sound pretty confident... and maybe you're right... but I'm not so sure! I hope you're right though. A little magnanimity right now will go a long way towards a smooth transition and a sense of teamwork and cooperation going forward.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Boadicea

look, from now to the swearing in, trump will be as charming as possible....after that, all bets are off.

Hopefully you're right! Obama was so "charming" that he won the Nobel Peace Prize, while accomplishing little else. We elected Trump to make America Greater Again...by any means necessary. You can't kiss butt all over the world and expect to make progress. Human nature is rough and tumble.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
My candidate lost, but I don't feel like a 'sore loser' in any way. The process functioned the way it was designed to function and the people have spoken.

I am disappointed, saddened, and in a period of switching gears, trying to make sense of it all, but I'm not angry, or however you describe a 'sore loser'.

I think I did more or less go through the stages of grief, or 'bad news', you know denial, anger, bargaining, not really depression but some sorrow, but now acceptance. I don't like it, but I accept it.

Good for you!!! I understand. I'm a firm believer in wallowing in one's disappointments as much as I believe in celebrating one's joys. Then we pick ourselves up and get back in the game. It isn't necessarily an ending, just a new beginning.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I would be really happy to quietly sit back and watch things happen, as we don't have anymore say in this than the voting we just did. But in all honesty, the smug, arrogant, assholeish way some lefties are acting, brings out the vindictive side of me that really wants to smack them in the face with a dead fish. I know it's not healthy, or the right way to act, but damnit, being a democrat doesn't make you any smarter, or better than anyone else, it just makes you a democrat.

And the tears and seeking of safe spaces just aids in all the divide and keeping "them" over there and "us" over here.

When everyone wants to be a cohesive part of the United States again, it will be a good day.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I would be really happy to quietly sit back and watch things happen, as we don't have anymore say in this than the voting we just did. But in all honesty, the smug, arrogant, assholeish way some lefties are acting, brings out the vindictive side of me that really wants to smack them in the face with a dead fish. I know it's not healthy, or the right way to act, but damnit, being a democrat doesn't make you any smarter, or better than anyone else, it just makes you a democrat.

And the tears and seeking of safe spaces just aids in all the divide and keeping "them" over there and "us" over here.

When everyone wants to be a cohesive part of the United States again, it will be a good day.

I've been laughing at Donald Trump's idiocy since the Howard Stern show. Don't expect it to end anytime soon.

That's what you have to deal with when you elect a reality tv star as your president.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I was content to sit back too until people who spent the entire election cycle denigrating their opponents started sucking up and telling us we had to be the bigger people about it as though they hadn't just spent all that time calling us every nasty name in the book ...

I was content until they started riots over losing.

I was content until they started whining about the popular vote v. EC vote.

I was content until every other thread was some hyperbolic nonsense about how the world will end because they didn't get their way at the election.

Can't we just move on? No, I guess we can't, and it gets really old.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I would be really happy to quietly sit back and watch things happen, as we don't have anymore say in this than the voting we just did. But in all honesty, the smug, arrogant, assholeish way some lefties are acting, brings out the vindictive side of me ...

I get it. I remember '08 and the whole "I won" crap... heck! I remember '92 and the first Clinton coronation -- oops! I meant inauguration of course. Sometimes it's damn hard being the bigger person. (Especially when they make it so easy to wallow in the mud with them).

I know it's not healthy, or the right way to act...

And it doesn't serve our greater purposes or best interests either, and that's why we have to keep reminding ourselves that we can't be better unless we do better.

... but damnit, being a democrat doesn't make you any smarter, or better than anyone else, it just makes you a democrat.

Yup. And folks are learning that the hard way.

I actually really feel for those folks. They've been fed a crock of crap for too long -- some for their entire lives! For some, it's almost as though they thought the election was just a "tradition," and that Hillary literally could not lose. Kids that are so unprepared for not getting their way (which is really what it boils down to) that they need a "safe space" -- and actually believe there is such a thing! And too many have fallen for the "might makes right" rhetoric. It's pretty darn sad to see.

Yes, it will. A glorious sight for sore eyes.
edit on 12-11-2016 by Boadicea because: added "feel"

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I was content to sit back too until people who spent the entire election cycle denigrating their opponents started sucking up and telling us we had to be the bigger people about it as though they hadn't just spent all that time calling us every nasty name in the book ...

I was content until they started riots over losing.

I was content until they started whining about the popular vote v. EC vote.

I was content until every other thread was some hyperbolic nonsense about how the world will end because they didn't get their way at the election.

Can't we just move on? No, I guess we can't, and it gets really old.

I'm sorry, are we looking at the same ATS? Please check all of the new threads.. what do you see?

btw-- we can still agree on good literature

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join