It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carson: I’ll help Trump with Obamacare replacement plan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Yep the Customer is always right, atleast it should be that way it used to be.

If someone fixes the tire on your car with an old tire, you're gonna call them out for it. Same should apply with your Health and that much more so.

Good post

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
a reply to: JesusXst

I got bad news for you the GOP in the house and Senate has not changed since then.

It will, give the man a chance.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

- Free Housing for Serious Dr's without the high pay benefits. (you know, so you get Dr.s who actually give a crap about Health and making sick people well.) 

This takes away any incentive to make people well. Sounds like a quota.

- Free health care for those making below 40,000 

Free for whom? Who is agreeing to pay for this?

- Create a health care system like that of Canada and the UK 

If it works, and it works well, then people will move to Canada and the UK.

I don't want it here.

- Stop handing out Drugs like candy to people who don't need it. 

I could not agree more, millions of people deserve better. I've known many people personally that have been addicted to prescription drugs. Government regulation is the opposite of progression in this respect.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

- Free Housing for Serious Dr's without the high pay benefits. (you know, so you get Dr.s who actually give a crap about Health and making sick people well.) 

This takes away any incentive to make people well. Sounds like a quota.

- Free health care for those making below 40,000 

Free for whom? Who is agreeing to pay for this?

- Create a health care system like that of Canada and the UK 

If it works, and it works well, then people will move to Canada and the UK.

I don't want it here.

- Stop handing out Drugs like candy to people who don't need it. 

I could not agree more, millions of people deserve better. I've known many people personally that have been addicted to prescription drugs. Government regulation is the opposite of progression in this respect.

Why wouldn't you want a health care system like the UK or Canada.

You go to the Hospital, it's free
You break your leg, it's free
You have a kid, it's free

What don't you like about it exactly?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   

I don't like my money being taken from me. I don't like a percentage of my paycheck being allocated to anyone else.

You have no idea what the word free means, obviously.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

I don't like my money being taken from me. I don't like a percentage of my paycheck being allocated to anyone else.

You don't like your money being taken from you but you sure don't mind using the publicly funded services that help you day in and day out in making that money. You wanna benefit from this society then you pay into it like everyone else.
You wanna wait until you need health care to buy it, then people like you should stay on the denied list and be made to pay full price. Since you chose to keep your money and not participate in the society in which you benefited from, you can pay full price out of your own pocket.
I would hate to have a life motivated purely by money. Get a hobby or something. Or would you want to be paid for that too, since you seem to believe that motivation is only born from the potentiality of compensation.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: MrPlow

You still did not explain sufficiently why I should pay for something I don't need.

Why do you feel like you should be able to allocate my tax dollars towards something you believe in?

Am I dumb for saying no?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   

I have no idea what you're even talking about.

You must be like, pre Trump eh.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
anytime the government gets involved,prices go up, why? because corporations see the government as an endless supply of money.

The insurance companies don`t care if people who aren`t getting the subsidies can`t afford the premiums because they don`t need you. they can get filthy rich from the people who are getting the sudsidies,and the government WILL pay no matter how high the premiums are.

obamacare is nothing short of giving the key to the national treasury to the insurance companies so they can help themselves to as much as they want.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Really not surprised.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst

You must be like, pre Trump eh.

Because it isn't "free", it's paid for by everyone who contributes to your taxes.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Most of the medical establishment is involved in violating existing commerce laws to do with monopolistic, collusion and price fixing.

JAIL, is the solution.

A few examples and pricing will come back into line.

We're this done a great majority could afford routine medical and hold an inexpensive catastrophic policy for costs beyond the everyday.

The taxpayers via government could well afford care for the poor.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
And we'll call it Carson's American Medical Promise or CAMP.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Spending years and years in medical school without a payoff? Of course they're in it for the money. You're being delusional.

If they are so altruistic, why don't you ask them to move into a studio apartment and live on $500 a month. They might as well work for free, right?

High pay, once they're well into their careers is a nice perk, but doctors work insane hours. It's a field for workaholics who want to make peoples lives better. It's a poor field to go into if you just want to make money.

If you're just in it for a paycheck, then computer science is the easiest field that has high pay. Lawyers after that, and the finance guys on Wall Street after that (though the finance sector is just as bad as the medical field for hours... you have easier schooling though)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

The survey, which reflects May 2014 salary and employment data gathered from more than 1 million businesses, found that 16 of the nation's top 30 highest-paying occupations are in the medical field.

www.businessinsider.com...

I'm not claiming that doctors are only in it for the money.

I am however saying that no one would go through years of medical school without a guaranteed return on investment.
edit on 12-11-2016 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

You wanna wait until you need health care to buy it, then people like you should stay on the denied list and be made to pay full price. Since you chose to keep your money and not participate in the society in which you benefited from, you can pay full price out of your own pocket. 

This is exactly my point. Give people a choice. Don't mandate anything.

"Oh, so you wanna use roads and hospitals"

Lol what a weak argument.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

This is exactly my point. Give people a choice. Don't mandate anything.

"Oh, so you wanna use roads and hospitals"

Lol what a weak argument.

More like the roads, education, lights, police, fire department, low-priced goods from China, partially subsidized public utilities. Or how about your car insurance as well?
People like you want to take as much as you can from society and scream when we ask to play along.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89
And we'll call it Carson's American Medical Promise or CAMP.

And we'll send the lower class off to Carson's death CAMPs?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Do you honestly believe that those things would cease to exist without government influence?

People like you want to take as much as you can from society and scream when we ask to play along.

I'd ask you not to generalize me, but I know it won't make a difference.

I have given more to society than I have gotten in return. Which is not a bad thing. I just don't think it should be mandatory.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
We're this done a great majority could afford routine medical and hold an inexpensive catastrophic policy for costs beyond the everyday.

Everyone becomes seriously ill during their life though, catastrophic coverage is designed to only be used by a small minority of people, that's why it's inexpensive.

I have given more to society than I have gotten in return. Which is not a bad thing. I just don't think it should be mandatory.

I somehow doubt this. More likely, you're just not aware of what society has provided you.
edit on 12-11-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join