It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton could win the popular vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Despite trailing in the popular vote by less than 200,000 as of 5:20 a.m. Wednesday morning, there are still a treasure trove of votes to be counted in California and Washington, two Democratic strongholds, as well as Oregon and Colorado, two states Clinton was projected to win.

The New York Times projected that, once those votes were counted, Clinton will have won the popular vote by more than 1 percentage point. That would be more than Al Gore defeated former President George W. Bush by in 2000.
SOURCE

I knew the following was big news...

Obama Tells Illegal Immigrants They Won't Be Investigated If They Vote

The Democrats needed every vote they could get, and they knew it. Thank goodness it wasn't enough.

I've written a lot about how much the Electoral College favored Clinton on this forum. To see the final result that we're seeing is stunning to me.

The Electoral College has changed the course of history twice in my lifetime. I've often thought that a Gore administration would have been very different than the George W. Bush administration.

There's no doubt in my mind that a Trump administration will be very different than a Clinton administration would have been.
edit on 9-11-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I think it is good to US to stop for awhile and have a good look on itself, what needs to be fixed. US has taken too long time looking abroad, messing with other countries and unnoticed their own misery. It is time for the basics.
When US is back on their feet it will reflect positively to Europe too, when US economics go down, depression wipe the earth.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
So did Al Gore

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I dont know how i feel watching another GOP candidate getting in while losing the popular vote. I wonder if they will call it a mandate and try to shove everything they want down our throats.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

After the last eight years, there are going to be a lot of Republicans and conservatives who want to do that. There's a part of me that wants to do that, too, but in the end, I think we're all better off if we can find some common ground here. Unfortunately, on a national basis, I'm not sure where that common ground to work from actually is.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Wow!

But ummm...

So what?

It's over. Finished. Finito. Done. [insert other synonym for cooked/done here]

Personally, I'm having a really tasty margarita right now and it's only 8:30 am.

I think I'm really starting to like the way this new incoming administration (as of Jan 20th) makes me feel.

edit on 11/9/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
I dont know how i feel watching another GOP candidate getting in while losing the popular vote. I wonder if they will call it a mandate and try to shove everything they want down our throats.

I can understand why your candidate getting more popular votes but still losing would not sit well.

What can we do? This could continue to happen to Democrats due to California/New York. I think if you broke those two states apart the Dems would lose electoral votes.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

It may be time to end the electoral college. Twice in 16 years the GOP have squeaked by a president because of it.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

I do find it funny that Obama has tried to work with the GOP. They spit in his face and won a presidency doing it.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Ending the electoral college would require a new Constitutional amendment. That won't happen because the smaller states would lose too much.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I know. It would take a lot to push it through and it will never happen in the current climate. I understand the reasoning behind it, but to see it fail twice in 16 years to match the will of the people, it hurts.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
I do find it funny that Obama has tried to work with the GOP. They spit in his face and won a presidency doing it.

I disagree with you strongly on that. The GOP did not attempt to work with Obama, I'll grant you that, but Obama and the Democrats were no better.

top topics

join