It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nate Silver: Hillary Could Lose the Electoral Vote

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Silver said,

“We show a three-point lead nationally for Clinton, 2-1 favorite. The electoral college map is less solid for Clinton than it was for Obama four years ago, where four years ago we had Obama ahead in states totaling 320 some electoral votes. Clinton has 270 so one state away from potentially losing the Electoral College. Rather be in her shoes than Donald Trump, but it’s not a terribly safe position.”

His FiveThirtyEight polling is pretty good. He tracks lots of polls and shows the median. I still thinks she wins but it's going to be close. Just no way to predict with confidence that she has this wrapped up. New Hampshire is starting to look odd but it may be a little to late.

www.breitbart.com...

projects.fivethirtyeight.com...

edit on Mon Nov 7 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: EXTERNAL QUOTE TAGS ADDED

(post by beeeyotch removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Pigs could fly, if they only had wings...
Does it matter who "wins"?
The rich will be getting richer, the rest of the people has to spend their lifetime to fullfill that slavemasters dream.
Because not the puppetmasters change with an POTUS "election", but only the POTUS puppet!
Only the face you have to love or hate changes, nothing else.

*opens popcorn and waits for the riots in the US, that maybe start after the "democratic election" of a puppet...*

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

She only needs 270. It's in the bag.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: beeeyotch
Hillary lost this one, I don't know if it is because she is weak or her supporters are weak, probably both. You cant win presidency when your only supporters are hood rats, illegals and low class scum.

It seems half the country want change but there is this wall of people that know that change will hurt them lb for lb and they carry more electoral votes. The poor and corporate America would get rocked for sure. They want to keep things just the way they are. Free healthcare, other forms of welfare, labor unions, corporate raiders...Trump is their worse nightmare. The middle and upper middle however would fair much better. It's really class warfare with them middle and middle getting squeezed at both ends.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: beeeyotch

Or respected retired business owners who worked their lives to make a good living and enjoys the fruits of their life time of work and saving.
Like me.
College educated, store owner(retired) oh and I'm not sixty yet but I've already been retired two years.

Your description is of course nonsense.
edit on 1172016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

No it aint

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
As far as who is going to win and gain the required 270 elector votes, no one really knows. Many are saying Clinton, others are saying Trump.

It is going to be a hard sell on either case, as both sides are trying to make the case that their candidate will win. However, there are a few things to be noted:

Britebart is not a good site to listen to, as they are supporting and backing Trump. That shows bias on their part and we should be cautious about accepting what they say when it comes to this election.

Right now there are a lot of variables in this election, the likes of which we really have not seen or thought about however, this is what we can state:

Minorities are going to swing this election this year, Major voting blocks, such as African Americans, and Hispanics, are going to be voting in mass numbers, and early indications show such. Religious affiliation will come into play second and that is where it gets tricky as some will vote the party line and others will turn and vote for who they feel.

Until all of the votes are cast and counted, and they cast the votes, it is best to say it will at least be close, and come down to states such as Arizona, Utah and the smaller states that will have more of a deciding factor than the bigger states, like California and Texas.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Hillary lost this one, I don't know if it is because she is weak or her supporters are weak, probably both. You cant win presidency when your only supporters are hood rats, illegals and low class scum.

You do realize like 65% of the country is democrats right???

The right just has more motivated voters..in part because the majority is over 50 and a lot are retired..making voting their only thing to do..

I would bet you were up in arms about the "half of trump supporters are deplorable" then you do EXACTLY the same thing..

This election has done nothing if not prove how hypocritical the right is..

Russia is the enemy..Russia is our friend.

"Maternity leave,single payer,min wage hike will destroy America!"

Until trump proposes it, then it's cool...

Anything to do with Christian morality...

God I hope trump wins..hillary won't get anything passed congress,but trump has them all scared to death after punking Ted cruz.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

The right just has more motivated voters..in part because the majority is over 50 and a lot are retired..making voting their only thing to do..

I would bet you were up in arms about the "half of trump supporters are deplorable" then you do EXACTLY the same thing..

This election has done nothing if not prove how hypocritical the right is..

Russia is the enemy..Russia is our friend.

"Maternity leave,single payer,min wage hike will destroy America!"

Until trump proposes it, then it's cool...

Anything to do with Christian morality...

God I hope trump wins..hillary won't get anything passed congress,but trump has them all scared to death after punking Ted cruz.

Republicans control the House and Senate. I think your 60% is off.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Where did you get THAT number?

Check Again

And even though people might identify as a certain party does not mean that they always vote that way.

What kind of silly mind games are you trying to play, here?

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

That`s exactly what elections have become, class warfare,maybe they have always been class warefare but now they are much more obviously class warefare.
It`s the middle class against the poor, the rich aren`t even in the war because no matter which candidate wins the rich will always be taken care of.

elections are just entertainment for the rich,they don`t care who wins because they have enough money that they can influence the winner no matter what party he or she may belong to.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

About having to vote for candidates of a party you don't usually vote for, and then sometimes voting for a candidate of that party, you're quite correct. In Texas for example, those of us who actually care about competence in office, we often times have to cross party lines to vote for the more qualified candidate. But, man, I'll tell you, its really hard to know and/or find out WHO, the more competent candidate is! I mean, you really have to dig deep into the weeds to get authoritative and valid information.

Don't know about the rest of the country, but the local and State election positions are just plain tough to vote your conscience in. The "media" does us no service in that regard and that's very disappointing.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Really? Inauguration Day is a long ways off.

On the 9th we have a president elect... they are not president until they take the official oath of office.

I would not say it is in the bag, even if she wins on the 8th.
edit on R042016-11-07T09:04:35-06:00k0411Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R052016-11-07T09:05:26-06:00k0511Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

On the 9th we have a president elect... they are not president until they take the official oath of office.

Hope springs eternal!

I predict that Americans witness a peaceful transition of power in January.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Where did you get THAT number?

Check Again

And even though people might identify as a certain party does not mean that they always vote that way.

What kind of silly mind games are you trying to play, here?

Absolutely but that is a vote against your link..

This is how people actually vote... and in 2013, not 2010 at the hight of the republican push back after Obamas election..

www.google.com... -very-independent/%3F0p19G%3De?client=safari

I was off on the 65% . Knew their was more democrats , but appearently about 49% of the country votes dem. No matter what they identify and roughly 40% vote GOP.

If that is the case, in a democracy, shouldn't democrats be in charge??

By all measures they are the majority..the lazy jokers don't vote much, but if you actually care about democracy then...

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Double
edit on 7-11-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Hope springs eternal!

Good luck on that... the poop storm starts on Nov 9th... no need to wait until January
edit on R292016-11-07T09:29:44-06:00k2911Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Poop storm? What are you suggesting? A contested a election? Or what?

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

originally posted by: windword

Hope springs eternal!

Good luck on that... the poop storm starts on Nov 9th... no need to wait until January

The vast majority of US citizens live way too comfortable if a life to risk it no matter the president..

All of human history, civilizations have followed a pretty set chain of events. A civilization will survive intact until the oligarchy decides to keep so many resources for themselves, that the peasants revolt. The pitch forks come out and the civilization falls or is a irrevocably changed.

We haven't even come close to that tipping point.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join