It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's new battle tank - advanced technology

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Putin's new 'super tank': British intelligence warns Russian vehicle is 'the most revolutionary change in tank design in the last half century' and leaves the West totally outgunned.

Military intelligence officers have assessed Putin's new Armata battle tank which was introduced in 2015

The new Russian main battle tank is designed to protect the vehicle's crew on the battlefield.

UK stalled new tank design as heavy armour is not useful against lightly-armed and highly mobile jihadis

Russia's new tank is faster, lighter and lower than the British Challenger II main battle tanks

LINK

The ole days where the WEST was more advanced than the East (particular Russia) is gone and will never return. Everything is balanced and there is no longer any edge over Russia.

As a former 19K30H (M1 Abrahams) tank commander I can tell you this new Russian tank is a close comparison between both the M1 and the Bradley fighting vehicle making this Russian tank superior to the M1, M2. M3 and all its models and upgrades!

If Hillary gets elected.... this will make it easy for Russia to continue to advance in its military technology because Hillary hates the military and there will be no new technology because she will be to busy paying back her friends....

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Reading that link is a crime against the most basic parts of the English language.

The daily mail aint the best of stuff to link to at the best of times and its probably as reliable as a fox news story that water is actually wet unless you're a terrorist.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Nice to see a fellow 19K on the forums! As a fellow tanker might I remind you though that it is not always a more advanced tank that wins a battle, the quality of the crews are paramount to the success of an armored division as well. With that said you and I both being former tankers know that the US is known for having one of if not the best trained tank crews in the world.

They better hope these new Russian tanks do not have the same problem with the turrets popping off like the old T series tanks proved to in desert storm.
After examining the tank and reading up on it I would like to add that one well place sabot to that automated turret could possibly render the tank combat ineffective.
edit on 7-11-2016 by Thoren because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I wonder if anybody can find the official document or statement of that "military intelligence officers" beyond the "leaked internal briefing paper" (LOL), because all the tabloids just copypasting each other.

BTW, they have forgotten to add Trump's photo to tie in readers' minds something like Danger-Russia-Putin-Trump associative series just like The Telegraph did.

edit on 2016 by JedemDasSeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
That tank will just be a expensive burning wreck when a fighter/bomber drops its payload on it.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thoren

Nice to see a fellow 19K on the forums! As a fellow tanker might I remind you though that it is not always a more advanced tank that wins a battle, the quality of the crews are paramount to the success of an armored division as well. With that said you and I both being former tankers know that the US is known for having one of if not the best trained tank crews in the world.

They better hope these new Russian tanks do not have the same problem with the turrets popping off like the old T series tanks proved to in desert storm.
After examining the tank and reading up on it I would like to add that one well place sabot to that automated turret could possibly render the tank combat ineffective.

WOW you bring back memories.....

BUT as you say it all depends on the crew and their level of training which I totally agree.

Back in the 70/80's USAREUR would have contest..... when I was in 3ID (3/64th Armor BN) in Schweinfurt...back when I was on a M60A1 my crew had the best times and scores... after shooting and manuervering in a M60 series.... the M1 makes those M60 series a real joke...

Say what you want but tanks won Desert Storm..... I should know because I was there when we over ran the Iraqis out of Kuwait.... and the AH64..... Those T64 models would shoot at us and the round would fall 500 to 1000 meters from us and then we would return fire and light up the sky while listening to Led Zepplin...

Take a close look at this new Russian battle tank with lower turret and self loading .... including missles... 125 mm packs a punch. It is as quick as the M1 and just as accurate..... at least this is the rumor.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Haha the M60, that things a dinosaur and way before my time. I was in from 2003 to 2009 3ID 2-7 INF BN Ft. Stewart. I can only imagine what it was like for you going from the M60 series to the M1, must of been like going from a Model T to a Cadillac. I see the russians are still going with auto-loaders. Not a good thing in my opinion unless they managed to finally make them as fast as a human loader. I remember a good loader was 4 seconds or less, you were considered a true bada@# if you could chuck one into the chamber in 3 seconds.

I gotta say I miss the smell of jp-8 and the sound of that turbine engine humming.
What I don't miss is breaking track...Not a good memory.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

go Russia !!

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Not to be nit-picky, but it's Abrams, not Abrahams... Unless there's some weird nickname hung on it by those who drive 'em?

Just curious, how is Russia going to pay for this newest wonder weapon? They can't even sail an aircraft carrier through the Mediterranean Sea to Syria...shouldn't they concentrate on fixing what they've already got???? Just sayin'.

The days of the scary ass Red Army are, for the nonce, gone. Perhaps for good.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
No match for the Leopard 2a7 and the upcoming leopard 3

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Who are these unnamed "British military intelligence officers"? Could they be people who think the UK is in need a new main battle tank?

The OP source labours on the tank having an unmanned turret, as if this is some sort of amazing device that makes the tank naturally superior. I am sure there are advantages and disadvantages of an unmanned over a manned turret. It seems to me that one disadvantage is that you are reliant on sensors to have high-level situational awareness.

Not withstanding, in a war between a major adversary armed with e.g. Brimstone and Hellfire, I would rather be sitting well away from a tank! I think main battle tanks have reached the end of their usefulness and new designs need to be less "cold war".

PS I am not a "tanker", but my father did fly army helicopters designed to kill them! Here's a photo of a target hit by an SS11 from a Westland Scout from the 70's, and from a range in Canada. I would not have liked to be in a tank in the 1970s either!

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I WAS TOO!
The A-10 did well there I must say, as well.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

The beauty of being in American forces are on how we fight wars like we play football ,while charging forward with accurate fire.
We really don't need to stop until our commander's orders are achieved,centralized commands,Russia,Obama tend to get bogged down.
Under a general officer's command it's a proven air land concept.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Ah a 19D (i'm assuming from your username) has come to join the DATS in conversation! We can't have your ilk here! I kid.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

warthogs, the A-10 is the badest tank killer, close air support aircraft ever built.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
It's a handsome piece of kit, yes.

But it's horribly expensive, so not much use if the Russians can only afford 12 of them.

And they'll be big juicy targets for all those roaming fighter bombers...

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

We have a handy little round for pesky helicopters called the M830A1, set her to Air and send it. Not to say that seeing a Russian Hind-D would'nt coming your way wouldn't make a tanker feel somewhat uncomfortable though but it is unlikely given the air support we have.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Dear people from around the world

The Daily Mail and the Daily Express are thrill seeking gutter rags that would claim Big Bird was a suicide bomber if they thought it would sell a few more copies. It is about as reliable as reading the patterns your stools make in the bowl as a source of credible information. Please stop using it.

Thank You for your time

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Thoren

THANKS MOM!
I was able to drive an M1 to getting CARC painted fun toy.
I really don't think civilians will EVER figure out HOW we do our stuff.
A single track is a DEAD track, but GUN TEAMS rule the hunt.
THANK you Rommel.
AMERICAN CREWS win wars, toys HELP but WE have figured things out before...goodbye rules.
edit on 7-11-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join