It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran on brink of making the Bomb, says Mossad

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
So, Mossad is jealous because Iran is going to have bombs, now how many bombs does Israel have?

But alas Iran is sweeter.

True, Israel has nuclear weapons - that it uses as a deterrant against those countries that have vowed it's destruction. You don't see Israel using them to throw it's weight around, do you. Ever?

Iran with nuclear weapons might be quite a different story. If they're not suicidal enough to use them themselves, what's to stop them from 'donating' a few to the radical muslims who hate everything about the country you live in. And not just because Bush is president. They fundamentally hate this country and wouldn't mind killing any and all who live here.

That includes you and any you hold dear.

So, what would it take for you to see the danger in that - a very bright flash seen just before your eyeballs melt?

[edit on 1/25/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
what's to stop them from 'donating' a few to the radical muslims who hate everything about the country you live in.

that is the most stupidest reply i have seen
if Iran would do that

why arnt the people they fund go around with chemical weapons?
since they have a large stockpile of chemical agents

Iran have a limit to what they give

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I tell you what not matter who has what and how is going to use it first, (well US already has) we are going to be cause of our own demised, like it or not is not turning back on prophecies and visions of the ancients.

A non middle eastern nation will start the fight and the middle east will launch the missils that will destroy most of our civilization.

So it could be any country in the middle east that have weapons. Now as the non middle eastern nation, we already know who it is.

So the war of will, is going to become the war for destruction.

I may not believe on bible myth but I will agree with the visions of the ancient.

I tell you what if Israel launch an attack it will be attacked back, US will intervine and there you go no matter how "dear" you hold your life is beyond you me and the regular people in the world.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

if Iran would do that

Of course you're right, Iran wouldn't give nukes to terrorists.

Just like North Korea wouldn't export their nuclear technology. And just like Pakistan wouldn't export theirs. Oh wait, those countries DID export their nuclear (and missile delivery) technologies.

Don't be so naive

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I tell you what not matter who has what and how is going to use it first, (well US already has) we are going to be cause of our own demised, like it or not is not turning back on prophecies and visions of the ancients.

So the war of will, is going to become the war for destruction.

I may not believe on bible myth but I will agree with the visions of the ancient.

I tell you what if Israel launch an attack it will be attacked back, US will intervine and there you go no matter how "dear" you hold your life is beyond you me and the regular people in the world.

I keep hoping that you and those that share your "peace at all costs" beliefs will someday (before it's too late) realize that it is the very same people that believe as you do that cause the conflicts you say you fear. How? Simple, the weakness you project invites attack from the people that hate you. Look at history, it has happened over and over again.

Just wishing the bad guys away never makes it happen.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I tell you what, I see the attack on Iran (if it happens) as the OK for the rest of the middle east people to take matters in hand and take retaliation, against us, if you think that an attack on Iran is going to go with not response then centurion you are lest realistic that I will ever be.

The so call dirty bombs that people talks about it, how do you know that terrorist already have them?

And how do you know that they will not used them?

Centurion the actions of our government is beyond you and me.

How many Americans lives are worth an attack in Iran?

They still be there in their land and in their country after the attack, and they will still hate US and probably more.

Consequences, centurion, for every action is a reaction, are you willing to live with the results?

Think about it, they could target hundreds of thousand of Americans here in our own land.

I still agree that anything is better than that.

But the results of this actions is something you and me will have to face for the rest of our lives.

It will be retaliation if US attacks Iran.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by bodrul

if Iran would do that

Of course you're right, Iran wouldn't give nukes to terrorists.

Just like North Korea wouldn't export their nuclear technology. And just like Pakistan wouldn't export theirs. Oh wait, those countries DID export their nuclear (and missile delivery) technologies.

Don't be so naive

And just because these countries supposedly did you think Iran will?

You link one countries actions with anothers?

Lunacy.

I think you have just demonstrated naivety.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I tell you what, I see the attack on Iran (if it happens) as the OK for the rest of the middle east people to take matters in hand and take retaliation, against us, if you think that an attack on Iran is going to go with not response then centurion you are lest realistic that I will ever be.

The so call dirty bombs that people talks about it, how do you know that terrorist already have them?

And how do you know that they will not used them?

Centurion the actions of our government is beyond you and me.

How many Americans lives are worth an attack in Iran?

They still be there in their land and in their country after the attack, and they will still hate US and probably more.

Consequences, centurion, for every action is a reaction, are you willing to live with the results?

Think about it, they could target hundreds of thousand of Americans here in our own land.

I still agree that anything is better than that.

But the results of this actions is something you and me will have to face for the rest of our lives.

It will be retaliation if US attacks Iran.

What part of the last 20 years of outright Jihad on America did you miss?

Bombings in Beirut all the way through 911. There were so many. The poor peaceful middle east decalred war on the US years ago.......

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
First, I never said I was in favor of just going and attacking Iran the way it turns out we did with Iraq.

However, if there was a good reason (and it was real), all I'm saying is sometimes that's what you have to do.

You just can't go around attacking everyone.

You also just can't go around appeasing everyone.

There might be times when an attack is necessary.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Bombings in Beirut all the way through 911. There were so many. The poor peaceful middle east decalred war on the US years ago.......

Wrong, the Jihad the order to wag war only will come from the (imam) itself.

Last important imam was Khoemini, is twelves imams in the shi'i'islam, and they come from Shi'ite majority in Iran.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Wrong, the Jihad the order to wag war only will come from the (imam) itself.

Last important imam was Khoemini, is twelves imams in the shi'i'islam, and they come from Shi'ite majority in Iran.

I think, by using the word "jihad", DrHoracid was referring to all the attacks against America and Americans by muslims over the last 20 years - and there have been quite a few. Even if you are technically correct, if someone get's killed by an un-official jihad, it doesn't count?

Semantics ...

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
That tells that we have "islamic radicals" working on their own, with no "imam" approval, if the word comes down from the real imam then you imagine what may happend.

Never underestimate the religious views of the people in the middle east.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

That tells that we have "islamic radicals" working on their own, with no "imam" approval, if the word comes down from the real imam then you imagine what may happend.

Never underestimate the religious views of the people in the middle east.

Well, here's a few "official" words from the leaders of Iran:

There are growing indications that Iran may be planning an attack on American soil. These indicators are not secret — they appear in speeches,newspaper articles, TV programs, and sermons in Iran by figures linked to the supreme leader of Iran, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, and other government officials, all discussing potential Iranian attacks on America, which will subsequently lead to its destruction.

A report on May 28 in Al-Sharq Al-Awsat reported that an Iranian intelligence unit has established a center called “The Brigades of the Shahids of the Global Islamic Awakening.”The paper claimed that it had obtained a tape with a speech by Hassan Abbassi, a Revolutionary Guards intelligence theoretician who teaches at Al-Hussein University. In the tape, Mr. Abbassi spoke of Tehran’s secret plans, which include “a strategy drawn up for the destruction of Anglo-Saxon civilization.” In order to accomplish this, he explained,“There are 29 sensitive sites in the U.S. and in the West. We have already spied on these sites and we know how we are going to attack them.”

It was reported that America expelled two Iranian security guards employed by Tehran’s U.N. offices on June 29, after the mission was repeatedly warned against allowing its guards to videotape bridges, the Statue of Liberty, and New York’s subway system.This was the third time the Iranians have been caught in such activities, which could be connected to the sites mentioned in potential plans to attack America.

Mr. Abbassi’s speech further detailed that “[Iran’s] missiles are now ready to strike at their civilization, and as soon as the instructions arrive from Leader [Ali Khamenei], we will launch our missiles at their cities and installations.” In fact over the past few months, Mr. Khamenei has been vocal about the impending “destruction of the U.S.” In May, he was quoted in the Iranian paper Jomhouri-Ye Eslami as saying that “the world will witness the annihilation of this arrogant regime.” On July 5, in front of a crowd chanting, “Woe to the enemy if Khamenei commands me to wage jihad,” Mr. Khamenei said, “If someone harms our people and invades our country, we will endanger his interests anywhere in the world.”

Other Iranian religious leaders have also called for the destruction of America. The secretary general of the Guardian Council, Ayatollah Ahmad Jannati, appeared on Iran’s Channel 1 TV on June 4 and said, “Every Muslim and every honorable man who is not a Muslim must stand against the Americans, English, and Israelis, and endanger their interests wherever they may be.” When he added “They must not have security,” thousands in the audience repeated chants of “Islam is victorious, America will be annihilated.” On June 25,Mr.Jannati also led prayers and promised, “Anyone who confronted the revolution, the Imam [Khomeini], and our dedicated people eventually collapsed. America is the last one, and Allah willing it will collapse...”The following week Ayatollah Mohammad Emami-Kashani delivered the Friday sermon live on Channel 1, saying America will collapse like Genghis Khan’s empire, “I say to you the American people…you will collapse, America will collapse.”

“Time bombs within America” is how Iranian lawmaker Hamid-Reza Katoziyan described Muslims within America, who could be behind future terrorist attacks here. Speaking on Iranian TV channel Jaam-E-Jam 2 on July 27, Mr. Katoziyan warned: “The whole group of people belonging to the Arab community and…Muslims living in the U.S. are currently, in my opinion, in a special situation. Perhaps they do not walk the streets with weapons in their hands or attach bombs to themselves in order to carry out a suicide operation, but the thought is there.”

Just as statements from Iranian religious and political leaders, as well as TV programs, have focused on attacking America, so has the print press. An editorial in the July 6 edition of the Iranian daily Kayhan, the conservative paper affiliated with Mr. Khamenei, issued another warning for the future: “…the White House’s 80 years of exclusive rule are likely to become 80 seconds of hell that will burn to ashes…That very day, those who resist [Iran] will be struck from directions they never expected. The heartbeat of the crisis is undoubtedly [dictated by] the hand of Iran.”

The report by the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States asks: “September 11 was a day of unprecedented shock…The nation was unprepared…How can we avoid such tragedy again?”Taking seriously Iran’s threatening words and actions is an important first step.

daily.nysun.com.../html&Path=NYS/2004/08/18&ID=Ar00901

I don't know if this is all just tough talk, but we should at least pay attention to the possibilities.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Has anyone considered that MOSSAD may be stirring the pot a little here? They would love to have Iran out of the way and they would love someone to do it for them i.e. the US. MOSSAD may be feeding this info (regardless if its true or not) to the US in the hope that the US may take it as a basis for action against Iran.
Isreal may seem like a friend to the US but you can bet your bottom Dollar that they would rather the US spent its treasure and sent its young people into danger than do it themselves.
What was that old saying? "Beware Greeks bearing gifts"

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
In a perfect world Israel could get us to attack and conquer all their enemies. I would think the world ended if the Mossad say anything different, other than Iran has is going to have the Bomb. The right wing in this country and the Israel are attempting to shape world opinion in order to justify an unprovoked attack. What they don't know is each time they do this they further damage any hope of sovereignty and a nation state, paving the way someday of world government. Our will or their will be subject to the will of the world. The people in power both left and right are skilled in the ways of making black,white and wrong, right. They, who aren't Nazis, use proganda techniques founded there. Tell a lie long enough and many will believe it true.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Janus, IF Israel wanted to "Own" the middle east it could have destroyed all its arab neighbors long ago. If could "own" all the oil. Likewise the US could destroy and own the same area also long ago.

Islam is dedicated to the complete destruction of Israel and the US period. And almost since day one, Isalm has tried to accomplish just that. There is so much historical data to back these facts it is amazing all the "denial" still going down.

IRAN is THE center of the "axis of evil". They are playing a very old arab game of stall until you get your "troops" in place. It worked against Napoleon and Europe hasn't figured it out yet. The deal Iran is working with the EU is just a stall, period. Saddam did it and it worked for 12 years.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Dr, i have no doubt in my mind that Iran is in the long term, a dangerous State that needs to be dealt with. I have voiced concerns that the time Militarily may not be right. I don't have the same faith in the Israeli Military as a lot of people here on ATS do. They have some of the best anti terror troops in the world and they have the best equipment as well, these things are true. But they have not fought a major conflict for a long time now, by major conflict i mean out and out War. Now if im wrong on that i apologise, but the US needs to be wary of accepting any info from MOSSAD without independant verification from their own Security Services.
This is a time when the US has to be sure of the right course and when to impliment that course. The US should not let her self be influenced by outside intelligence without verification.

[edit on 25-1-2005 by Janus]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Sure, just like the Mossad told the OSI that Iraq was close to "the bomb." That was a lie. Oh, not to mention Israel has several of "the bombs" right now.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janus
i have no doubt in my mind that Iran is in the long term, a dangerous State that needs to be dealt with.

How long should we wait? I think we need first to try a peaceful strategy to stop them from obtaining nuclear weapons, and I hope with all my heart it works, but can we afford to let them pull a North Korea?

A review of the 1993-94 nuclear crisis illustrates this point. By 1993, U.S. officials were concerned that North Korea had secretly reprocessed spent fuel from its 5 Megawatt research reactor at Yongbyon to produce plutonium for a nuclear weapon. The United States considered military strikes against North Korean nuclear facilities, but ultimately decided to negotiate. The 1994 Agreed Framework called for North Korea to abandon construction of two gas-graphite moderated nuclear reactors, freeze reprocessing of spent fuel from its research reactor, accept International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) monitoring of its declared nuclear facilities, and eventually come into full compliance with its safeguards agreement by allowing the IAEA to reconstruct the operational history of its research reactor to verify that no nuclear material was missing. In return, South Korea, Japan, and the United States agreed to participate in an international consortium that would construct two proliferation-resistant light-water reactors and supply North Korea with heavy fuel oil to produce electricity until the new reactors were operational. The United States also agreed to provide formal assurances against the use or threat of nuclear weapons against North Korea and to take steps to lift economic sanctions and improve political relations.

cns.miis.edu...

Well, we all know how that turned out. So for all those who think Iran is not going to make nuclear weapons, can we afford for you to be wrong? I know how those who want Iran to obtain nukes, as an "in your face" to the US feel. But what about those who are just tired of war, and this current crooked administration's policies? Are you going to let your rightful distrust of the Bush administration cloud your judgement on this potentially catastrophic issue that will extend far beyond his presidency?

[edit on 25-1-2005 by 27jd]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The truth be told i dont know when the time will be right. I just have a bad feeling that with the situation in Iraq and with current US troop comitments world wide that the US is stretching herself thin. Of course i dont have the full picture, no one outside the Pentagon does, but to invade a Country the size of Iran would , imho, be ill advised at this point in time. As i said i dont know the full picture, none of us does. Call it a gut feeling.

[edit on 25-1-2005 by Janus]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join