It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sutton Coldfield Birmingham uk bright light in sky now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Goto be quick but in the sky right now a very bright light high up, flashes every 8 seconds or so looking east wards in sky.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: studio500

Hope you grabbed a camera/video when you ran off after posting.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
What colour is the light? I'm not too far from Sutton Coldfield and took photos of an orange orb a couple of years ago that i reported to mufon

edit on November000000Thu, 03 Nov 2016 22:00:37 -0500Thu, 03 Nov 2016 22:00:37 -050016102016b112016 by Furryhobnob because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I've tried using both my iphone and camera but not sure if picked anything up, will check shortly.
Object was at a guess crossing from Stafford toward kidderminster if I've got my bearing right.

I first saw it passing by Orions belt.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I'm used to seeing hundreds and thousands of planes around this area but nothing like this one a short while ago and nothing noted on Air Traffic radar app at the time.

The light was pure white, no red. orange or green etc.

It flashed very bright every 20 seconds but in between in flashed dimmer but I noticed the flashes appeared at random times.

I first counted 8 seconds but then it would shine brilliantly. I grabbed my camera straight away but it was very high.

I don't know of any aircraft that flash very bright once every 20 seconds and only white lights unless someone else has any ideas. I also didn't hear any sound at all.
Just before I came in I saw what appeared to be typical aircraft lights crossing NE.

The two sightings were nothing alike.

This is my first strange object.

Ill have a check through camera as tried to light trace but without a tripod I dont hold much hope.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Furryhobnob
What colour is the light? I'm not too far from Sutton Coldfield and took photos of an orange orb a couple of years ago that i reported to mufon

Nice Orb there!

This was just plain bright white. Ive caught something on my iphone but all you can make out is the odd very bright flash.
Embarrassingly hen I first tried shooting with my better camera, I had left the lens cap on. I could kick myself.

Ill have to upload film in the morning as it's 3.30 am gone and I have work in the morning. I just thought making the quick post as it happened may have helped with corroboration.

Thanks Guys for your help.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

unfortunately without some images this post will drop off everyones feed pretty quick and will be forgotten before you even post the content.

Not even an itty bitty image for us to chew on to keep us satiated until tomorrow?

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Ok, I'm just uploading to youtube.

This is off the iphone, keep a steady look for the flashing light, its once every 8 seconds or so, kinda centre of screen.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Does the ISS flash?

Sad really but all you see in this clip is the odd flash or two.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Nothing to get excited about, I just wish I had my pro camera with me as it has a huge zoom but never mind.

Still wonder what it was though.

Right, I must hit the sack as it's now 4am gulp.

TTFN

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
which one was it....the long blinker or the regular on a 7 to 8 second 7 to 8 period pattern of brights and dims....

I've noticed these the last two years...long blinker is a slow flash like camera flash staying too long, and it's large diameter...doing every 12 seconds or so.....both way the heck up there.....50 to 90 thousand MSL

edit on 3-11-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 3-11-2016 by GBP/JPY because: last minute thought there....yezz

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Much the same, work tomorrow and burning the midnight/4am oil

Thanks for uploading the footage for us all to see, very strange but it will probably be explained away as something aircraft related. The length of time between "blips" does seem quite long. Chime in guys, lets get this figured out

Was the light in motion do you know?
edit on 3/11/2016 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   

I think it likely you saw iridium satellite flash , the flash is caused by the debris or failed satellite rotating in space reflecting light from the Sun.
Something like this.

top topics

join