It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor, November 2, Cubbies, Back to the future, Donald Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Let me start this off with a story growing up, I'm sure you have all heard of "John Titor" if not a quick rundown of how I recall the story...

November 2, 2000 a user on a forum "Timetraveler_0" starts to post and say hes from the future. People instantly question him and engage in conversation. He answers experts questions about time travel and quantum theory and advanced physics.

John Titor claimed he was from the future and was sent back in time from 2036 to grab an old IBM Computer that had a decryption algorithm programmed in the CPU's architecture. At the time this was posted (not until years later found this to be true) only 3-4 IBM Engineers could have known this. Now take this with a grain of salt but this is how I remember the events how it all unfolded. John Titor started posting pictures and diagrams and blue prints etc of how time travel might work. Baffling experts and shutting down anyone who may think they had more knowledge then him. I was in Jr High at the time and you could only imagine what my little imagination was dreaming up. In fact this story is the reason I have spent my hole life reading, watching and studying time travel theories and quantum physics. Now keep in mind I'm still on the fence with the story and don't have an answer aka smart people playing a prank or actually a time traveler. What really makes this story fascinating is the coincidences and John Titors references to the back to the future movie he made in lots of his posts. (Again I'm not saying this is true just would like to spark conversation and thoughts on this hole subject.)

Now fast forward to November 2, 2016 tonight as I post this thread. The Cubs win the world series for the first time in over a hundred years. It got me thinking about the movie Back to the Future and how the cubbies won when they wen't to Oct 22 2015. In the process I even seen a clip of Biff the bully but now hes a president that resembles trump in the movie. I got to thinking of time travel and did some searching about John Titor just to spark my memory and notice when he first posted... Nov 2.

Like I said take all this with a grain of salt, and I usually don't post BS so this is why I posted in Skunk Works (hope its the right forum). I would just like to hear other like minded theories or if you have anything to add, even if you think this is complete BS post up! Id love to hear opinions and feedback on this!

Fan made website for John Titor:
johntitor.com...

Put some money on the Cubbies (BTTF):

Biff and Trump:

edit on 3-11-2016 by Algorithm because: spelling

edit on 3-11-2016 by Algorithm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Algorithm

Mr. Titor has been popping up in a lot of threads in the last day or so.

I wonder if that in itself means anything?

The whole John Titor enigma is an amazing thing to think about though. And I do so a lot more often recently.

I wasn't around here when he made his appearance on ATS having joined in 2010, but I loved reading through that thread especially since it semi-relates to some of the work I'm doing.

Definitely worth looking into - although I'm not sure exactly how one would do that.
edit on 11/3/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Any long-term veteran of ATS knows who John Titor is lol

When the John Titor poster made references to Back To The Future, did he specify the Cubs winning in 2015 bit?? I don't recall that. Would tie the thread together though.
edit on 3-11-2016 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

Any long-term veteran of ATS knows who John Titor is lol

When the John Titor poster made references to Back To The Future, did he specify the Cubs winning in 2015 bit?? I don't recall that. Would tie the thread together though.

Awesome question, I personally don't remember any ties to the Cubs or Donald Trump but it would be an awesome addition to the mystery if someone could find an old archive. I just remember JT speaking about the movie or referencing it on multiple occasions.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
wow how you remember those events and how I remember them are very different, john tutor story was before we started getting the multiple almost seasonal bad science stories so it was pretty early for an internet story, it was picked apart pretty fast as his grasp of the science was immediately put into question, also contradicting himself several times, better then the average bad science stories we get now but there were less kids posting back then so discussions were a bit more rational (or at least they felt that way). It was when the Al Bielek/Montauk stories were picking up steam again.

The story was total BS after some careful digging they even identified the guy who made it up but it was interesting and entertaining enough to inspired Steins Gate, which was a great anime series. Nobody was baffled, experts included.
edit on 3-11-2016 by kobalt7 because: Nobody was baffled, experts included.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
John Titor is like the new Nostrodamus, with his neophytes trying desperately to make even his vaguest predictions into prophecy.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: kobalt7
they even identified the guy who made it up

Totally false.

Maybe you believe that guy John Razimus AKA Hoax Hunter....Like he really solved the Titor story LOL.

Razimus used to claim he was John Titor on MySpace until he was busted for being a fraud, a wannabe John Titor. After his shame he pretends it was all for investigating.... thus he becomes the Hoax Hunter. LOL

Razimus is/was a member here spreading his BS.
What a joke..... haha.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
John Titor is like the new Nostrodamus, with his neophytes trying desperately to make even his vaguest predictions into prophecy.

The IBM bit was very different in my recollections- I thought no-one (in their right mind) could think of a reason why you would need localised access to a chip IF you had the computational power to control time manipulation in the first place.

Also, the fact his "time machine" seemed to use a circa 1982 curly CB handset cable sort of gives it away...anyone seen a curly cable on anything in the last 20 years??

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I thought it was spelled "Libor"

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jukiodone

Also, the fact his "time machine" seemed to use a circa 1982 curly CB handset cable sort of gives it away...anyone seen a curly cable on anything in the last 20 years??

Plenty of curly cables on modern ham radios..... still around and will be for a long time.
www.hamradio.com...

All types of modern equipment use curly cords.
edit on 3-11-2016 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jukiodone

originally posted by: abe froman

The IBM bit was very different in my recollections- I thought no-one (in their right mind) could think of a reason why you would need localised access to a chip IF you had the computational power to control time manipulation in the first place.

Literally my headset has a curly cord. I see them everywhere.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Titor is a convenient explanation certain events. Before that story, it was often referred to as magic. Mandela may over take his position soon.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
The only way anyone would believe you were a time traveler was if you posted videos of you going back in time to the dinosaurs and showing us them, also the processes of the whole time machine. (But then you would still get someone shouting fake!!) a reply to: Algorithm

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lompyt
The only way anyone would believe you were a time traveler was if you posted videos of you going back in time to the dinosaurs and showing us them, also the processes of the whole time machine. (But then you would still get someone shouting fake!!) a reply to: Algorithm

I though titors description of the 2 quantum singularities basically dragging time with it as it spun was actually fairly accurate?

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

I noticed earlier talk about John Titor, like your info on it. It's fascinating stuff.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Definitely feels like the universe is yanking our chain lately.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
As I remember Titor predicted Hillary Clinton would win the Potus but would only serve one term and that Chelsea Clinton was elected as well. I don't recall him mentioning Trump or Back to the Future at all.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

The whole John Titor enigma is an amazing thing to think about though. And I do so a lot more often recently.

I wasn't around here when he made his appearance on ATS having joined in 2010, but I loved reading through that thread especially since it semi-relates to some of the work I'm doing.

Definitely worth looking into - although I'm not sure exactly how one would do that.

He lives in Florida so you could take a beach vacation and ask for his thoughts in person, if you like.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Riffrafter

He lives in Florida so you could take a beach vacation and ask for his thoughts in person, if you like.

BTW - Does he ever mention where in FL?

I'm actually there semi-often on both coasts.

I'm sure he'd love to go out and toss a few back and chat.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

I think the guy posting as Titor got tracked down to Kissimmee or whatever the hell that place is called.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join