It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor, November 2, Cubbies, Back to the future, Donald Trump

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
As I remember Titor predicted Hillary Clinton would win the Potus but would only serve one term and that Chelsea Clinton was elected as well. I don't recall him mentioning Trump or Back to the Future at all.

There's no way she'll win in this timeline - not with the mountain of crap coming down on her head since last Friday.

Hmmm - just had a thought. What if one of his fellow travelers from whatever timeline came back just to upset the HRC applecart?

Food for thought....pun sorta intended.
edit on 11/3/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AlgorithmNot having read much on this Titor guy I refer to your post. Now this smacks me in the face like a wet kipper. He posted diagrams and blue prints on how time travel might work?????
Might work, might work! God forbid he was supposed to be a time traveler he should KNOW how time travel worked. That is IF he was a traveler he would come up with a convenient excuse like "I was a traveler and not a technician so I didn't know how it worked".

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

He did.
Wasn't it an instruction manual rather than blueprints?

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator
People dug up info and narrowed the pool of suspects in the first few years, the hoax hunter guy came along many years later. Every few years somebody tries to resell these early stories sometimes adding new spins and old schoolers roll their eyes remembering the pages and pages of dissection that ended in the story being DEBUNKED. Far from being baffled it was the EXPERTS here that debunked most of his technical claims.

This was a story by a fairly educated man/men* so I can understand how it gained steam, this one the dark knight and a few others were posts that captivated and entertained alot of people back then and now both have influenced popular culture.

*(At the time I remember changes in speech patterns indicated there might have been more than one person involved, somebody else will have to validate this for me since its been so long)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

That's exactly what he did but only after people started to pick apart the story. He backtracked for a few pages trying to defend the claims he made but he eventually folded.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
First off like many others its fun to entertain the idea of a time traveler but in the reality as we know it its highly unlikely. Much more likely to a well educated person(s). What I find the most fascinating about this story is first off the IBM computer that years later was proven to have the decryption algorithm bug that he spoke of so he had to been one of those engineers maybe even the engineer that would have coded this glitch by accident or maybe just a close relative?

Now the next thing that is fascinating is the way he spoke and (not predicting future events) but how future events will unfold. Anyone with common sense could have predicted this and it just is crazy to think back in 2000 someone was thinking how any normal American should think now a days but still the masses are asleep. The beginning of WWIII "on his timeline" started in 2015 from political issues and an election. Back to the future also wen't to the future in 2015 showing the Cubs going to the world series and Biff resembling Donald with the hair, the attitude and the hotel with his name in lights etc. Now nothing happened in 2015 but in 2016 we have trump running for president and the cubs won the world series.

I'm not saying JT was a time traveler or that Back to the Future movie predicted the future but it all kinda ties in to an interesting coincidence that is for sure, entertaining at best and could spark some good conversations that will make you think and day dream.

As far as the Official Titor story no one has proved the original JT was caught or if he was a time traveler. Also I see lots of people claiming his physics have been disproved and I only have to say black holes and quantum physics still are subjects that are still just THEORY even in todays world. If you think his views on how it worked has been disproved you really need to take a look at modern science almost every thing is a theory and is constantly changing. With that said I'm not saying to use JT's old posts as a bible for science or quantum mechanics but at the same time we can't prove or disprove his allegations. The things he said was at a time when you could not google "Quantum Physics, Quantum Mechanics or Black Holes" so like others have said this is what most likely gave the story steam.

Just like Einstein said back when he was alive "We can only go forward in time not backwards" still til this day this concept holds true. What amazes me the most is the ability for people with less technology or less understanding to understand a very complex but simple problem others can't years after.

Was JT a time traveler? Most likely not at all.
Who was JT in my own opinion? Someone with a very simple mind who could understand and see complex problems with a very simple solution. Sticking with the IBM thing it would have taken someone with this mind set to design and program these architectures for that CPU. Programming looks very complicated and complex and it very well could be very vastly complex but it takes a simple solution to solve the problem.
edit on 3-11-2016 by Algorithm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: kobalt7

It's flip a coin to which side you want... Take the red pill or blue pill.

Depending on which world-line your from, the story was never debunked. Experts can sound like experts, that doesn't mean they debunked anything.

Yes... everything to the way Titor formulated sentences was researched, still in the end no proof that it was more than one person or who it was. In reality this theory is useless, most people change their typing habits from time to time, especially when switching computers. Then again, I'd bet Titor changed his texting habits on purpose.
edit on 3-11-2016 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I found a theory that trump was John titor. riddit

I find it pretty funny.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: kobalt7
wow how you remember those events and how I remember them are very different, john tutor story was before we started getting the multiple almost seasonal bad science stories so it was pretty early for an internet story, it was picked apart pretty fast as his grasp of the science was immediately put into question, also contradicting himself several times, better then the average bad science stories we get now but there were less kids posting back then so discussions were a bit more rational (or at least they felt that way). It was when the Al Bielek/Montauk stories were picking up steam again.

The story was total BS after some careful digging they even identified the guy who made it up but it was interesting and entertaining enough to inspired Steins Gate, which was a great anime series. Nobody was baffled, experts included.

Al is a good friend of the family's. I always thought my family members were embarrassingly gullible when I would hear them talk about Al but once I got the story for myself the first time and was presented with the evidence...I never believed in time travel, I am a skeptic about everything and don't even believe in aliens. But whatever the explanation is, I can say Al did indeed visit the 1850s. I can judge character as well as I can judge an, "is this the color orange or a cherry pie," contest. Let's see...mmmm, that is a cherry pie. ::Spits:: eck that is the color orange...an orange gym sock. And yup, Al is telling the truth without a doubt, at least his experience appeared to him as if he truly time traveled.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join