It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Destroys Clinton/Reid Narrative "Does Not Believe Comey Trying To Influence Election"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: kruphix

I'm missing the part where Obama "destroys" the narrative?

The only thing that was stated was that Obama is not going to get politically involved in it.

He's been campaigning for her, but he won't jump on board with Clinton, Reid, CNN et al to call out Comey.

You have to admit its a little strange, when he usually has no problem shooting his mouth off on just about any other thing.

No, because that would be possibly violating the Hatch Act...just like Comey is possibly violating the Hatch Act in sending the letter he did.

Obama is simply doing the right thing by not inserting himself politically.

Ohhhh the irony.

The Hatch Act does not focus conduct, but the intent. If Comey did not intend to interfere with or affect the upcoming election through his letter to Congress, then he did not violate the letter of the Hatch Act.

As Gowdy put it:

if he is in violation, then how is Obama, a sitting President who is actively campaigning on behalf of Clinton on the "company clock" (and payroll) not also an effort to influence the outcome of this election, and thus a Hatch violation.

The Hatch Act does not apply to certain persons/groups, like the president and others.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
a reply to: Wardaddy454

exactly, his intent was to comply with instructions from congress to keep them updated on any significant changes in the investigation. His intent was to avoid being in contempt of congress and had nothing to do with politics.

"At this point, what difference does it make..." to use a certain someone's words.

HOW DARE the Clintons (or Reid) imply that Comey broke the law!! The CLINTON's Accuse Someone Else Of Breaking The Law! - That is a joke, right??

If ANYONE should be accusing Comey of breaking the law, it should not be Hillary (Although, to her credit, she would know better than anyone else since she is a career criminal).

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

yeah i mean, after a person takes the side of the official narrative about pretty much every story that comes out it becomes either obvious they are just a troll/shill or not worth even communicating with.

people whos sole purpose in posting/commenting is in ridiculing, shutting down debate, sarcasm, implying personal deficit, etc...should be disregarded as not worth a thinking mans time.

to the OP...i dont think Obamas comments have to mean anything other than a public response which people have reasonable expected as soon after the weekend as possible. Its possible for Obama to say pretty much whatever he wants in the public/private world of politics.
edit on 31-10-2016 by tribal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
I guess he found out that comey wasn`t the one who leaked that info to the public and it was probably a democrate senator who leaked it, so now he wants everyone to drop all the talk about the hatch act and criminal prosecution.
They can`t go putting one of their own in jail for breaking the law,can they?

Things must really be heating up, the lies,corruption and coverups are flying fast and furious now.

The money is on Elijah Cummings leaking it.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: kruphix

it's a 20 minute clip, and you think you have it all figured out in less than 5. You are amazing.

LOL, good spot

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

calling a candidate unfit in no way is influencing the election eh .

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

The only thing that was stated was that Obama is not going to get politically involved in it.

He's been campaigning for her, but he won't jump on board with Clinton, Reid, CNN et al to call out Comey.

You have to admit its a little strange, when he usually has no problem shooting his mouth off on just about any other thing.

No, because that would be possibly violating the Hatch Act...just like Comey is possibly violating the Hatch Act in sending the letter he did.

He is openly campaigning for Hillary, how is that not advocating one side using his government office?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
And I recall, Obama defended Comey before, so he really
has to stick to that same narrative, or else he looks foolish...?

That's the most likely explanation for this. Most of these people whining and crying that Comey is intentionally influencing the election are the same ones who were singing his praises after he covered Hillary's backside over the summer. These people look like gigantic hypocrites right now, and on that point, I have to give this administration a little credit for not throwing Comey over the side now that it would be politically expedient for them to do so. Either that, or maybe they're just smart enough to realize how stupid and desperate these others look right now.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

You are wrong.... Go to 7.10 and it's clearly stated that Obama does NOT believe he's trying to influence the election.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I thought it was obvious Obama and the house speaker not backing the NARRATIVE up blows it up. Not really a stretch.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

Ohhhh the irony.

The Hatch Act does not focus conduct, but the intent. If Comey did not intend to interfere with or affect the upcoming election through his letter to Congress, then he did not violate the letter of the Hatch Act.

As Gowdy put it:

if he is in violation, then how is Obama, a sitting President who is actively campaigning on behalf of Clinton on the "company clock" (and payroll) not also an effort to influence the outcome of this election, and thus a Hatch violation.

The Hatch Act does not apply to certain persons/groups, like the president and others.

But, it specifically states "Some forms of political activity". He's not protected from all political activities.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Obama went out on a limb and hired this idiot Comey....All Obama is doing is looking after his lousy legacy.

Obamacare is failing and his FBI appointee may have caused Hillary to lose the election!

And the ME has turned into a bastion of horror under this dummy's watch

History will look back on Obama and get sick.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
He's throwing Hillary under the bus, for good reason.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
It's ironic that Harry Reid pointed to the Hatch act. I don't think Harry Reid(D) liked Senator Orrin Hatch(R).

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

The only thing that was staBY: Charlie Hoffmann
November 2, 2016 2:27 pm

Obama Criticizes Comey for Reopening Clinton Email Investigation

President Obama denounced FBI Director James Comey’s decision to reopen the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s private email server days before the presidential election.

“We don’t operate on incomplete information,” Obama said in an interview with NowThis News broadcast Wednesday. He also suggested that Comey’s announcement lacked concrete information ted was that Obama is not going to get politically involved in it.

freebeacon.com...

Not Politically Involved Eh ?

First He Supports Comey's Decision , then he Criticises it . I Wonder How Many Pairs of " Flip Flops " this Guy Owns ?
edit on 4-11-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: spelling

top topics

<< 1   >>

join