It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Florida parents plan to arm themselves while going trick-or-treating over clown concerns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Idk, my dad was always armed at all times. On the way to piano practice, at choir concerts, in the car on trips to grandmas. Always. So Halloween would be no different. It was just about safety and preparedness for him/us.

Now, being armed on Halloween I don't have an issue with personally, but if anyone is making threats, that's a problem. Example: If you wear a clown costume and approach my kid I'll shoot you... well.... that's just not right.

-Alee

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Yes. "serving 2 tours" does not mean you were in combat.

ETA - Thank you for your service to our country.

I've seen more than my fair share. I can tell you that some kids in a clown costume aren't the ones you should be worrying about.

Really? Have you seen the videos of these "prank clowns"? These idiots set a dangerous precedent by committing mock executions with bats, sledgehammers, and machetes!! AND NOT ON HALLOWEEN! Is a person supposed to just assume they're all pranks? A freaking clown bearing down on someone with the above mentioned implements, the potential victim is supposed to laugh and say, "You got me....you crazy kids..."? I mean, is it the clown suit that disarms the instinct to justifiably protect yourself??? What's the difference? Regular clothes makes you more believable???
If the Taliban were dressed like they shopped at Barnum & Bailey, coming at you with full intent to harm you, you would laugh and dismiss the entire incident??

Most of these supposed jokers are getting beat up, shot and even killed. Even with that being known, more idiots are still running around chasing people with the intent to do serious bodily harm. As much as these fools are willing to risk their lives for a few laughs and youtube views, they're playing with fire. Most are not going to take that risk, and you get what you get.

These morons were super lucky, kinda...

edit on E31America/ChicagoMon, 31 Oct 2016 08:56:44 -050010amMondayst08am by EternalShadow because: add

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

a reply to: DeathSlayer

So how many innocents are going to be killed today because some pu**y has to carry a gun and use it because he's afraid of the boogeyman at night. Smh.

Let's just cancel Halloween all together because it seems people can't handle scary costumes anymore. While we're at it let's ban scary movies and video games because the cowards can't handle them.

Exactly, just when I thought gun nuts couldn't be any more pathetic, they now feel the need to arm themselves against guys who, um, wear clown costume and scare people.

Yes, carry your gun in public. Accidents never happen and everyone is a cack shot

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

So how many innocents are going to be killed today because some pu**y has to carry a gun and use it because he's afraid of the boogeyman at night. Smh.

Let's just cancel Halloween all together because it seems people can't handle scary costumes anymore. While we're at it let's ban scary movies and video games because the cowards can't handle them.

Exactly, just when I thought gun nuts couldn't be any more pathetic, they now feel the need to arm themselves against guys who, um, wear clown costume and scare people.

Yes, carry your gun in public. Accidents never happen and everyone is a crack shot

Can you POSITIVELY, 100% guarantee that every encounter is just some "guys who, um, wear clown costume and scare people..."??

No you can't.

Prank, joke, or whatever.. it's attempted assault. Period.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Killer clown masks are forbidden to wear in Germany.

Nope, they aren´t. Do you want to buy one from a german shop, here is the Link
But there are good advises not to wear such masks, to not get your a$$ kicked.

What would it change to forbid to wear such masks, the lunatics that wear the masks to do pranks or worse?
If they were forbidden, this lunatics would use vampire masks, werewolf masks or whatever, the next time.

edit on 31 10 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
A scary clown costume + halloween + Crazy armed bitch with coulrophobia...what could possibly go wrong.?

I guess a Killer Klowns from Outer Space viewing & costume party would be inadvisable with today's wuss-asses.

A friend and I are having a horror movie marathon today and my first pick is going to be Killer Klowns from outer space and I think my second will be it.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
What a load of morons...Its Halloween ffs.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
What a load of morons...Its Halloween ffs.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Must admit I would prefer a clown apocalypse rather than a zombie one.
Be more scary and fun at the same time.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
If you wear a clown costume and approach my kid I'll shoot you... well.... that's just not right.
-Alee

You would shoot someone in a clown outfit who approached you and your kid on halloween....
that seems reasonable.

I hear that prison for lifers isn't that bad. you get pretty liberal family visitation hours

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

Considering you are frightened of geese and ducks and have been known to flee in horror from them I think you are screwed either way.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
Can you POSITIVELY, 100% guarantee that every encounter is just some "guys who, um, wear clown costume and scare people..."??

No you can't.

Prank, joke, or whatever.. it's attempted assault. Period.

Yes, preach it!

Every single outfit that may scare someone on halloween is an immediate threat and attempted assault and should be banned or shot!

This seems totally rational.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

Considering you are frightened of geese and ducks and have been known to flee in horror from them I think you are screwed either way.

The fear is real

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

It's a shame that people have become so fearful that what is obviously a prank to a rational thinker scares the less rational.

All thanks to terrorists

They've finally won when we're scared of kids dressed as clowns playing pranks

If it were Muslims running at them with fake axes, then sure I could perhaps understand the fear, but kids/teens in clown masks ? give me a break.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Omg imagine clown geese

Nightmare fuel that

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

I was going to post a long rant to your post.

But I won't do that.

Instead I will challenge you to go do a ride along with the police or sit in for a couple of hours at a 911 call center. So you can see for yourself how the world really is.

It is unfortunate that in this world there are some sick people that go out and commit violence against innocent people.

You say that the people carrying guns are cowards.
I say that these people are aware that there are people in this world that will harm you. And also know that by the time the police get to your location you might be dead.

I hope that everyone going out tonight stays aware and stays safe.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
The fear is real

KoD would piss his armor.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

In this day and time; in a society teeming with criminals, child molesters, illegal immigrants and degenerates, who in the world would take their child door-to-door, after dark, trick-or-treating? Even in the small rural town I live near, they discourage trick-or-treating; they don't lift the after dark curfew and enforce it against kids on the street after dark and encourage families to go to the local Halloween party at the park.

Stupid never stops.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I have armoured Tenna pants for men.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join