It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President John F Kennedy's speech, warning us...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Encryptor

That is the edited version of the speech which leaves off a good portion of the lead up to where this one starts. He was actually calling for more secrecy from the press in the wake of the failed Bay of Pigs Invasion.

Here is the full transcript of the speech, entitled The President and the Press, from the Kennedy Library.

I appreciate that, thanks AM very cool

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Oldie but goody.
As another said, most of us have heard this speech, many times. A refresher and reminder is always nice though.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
Oldie but goody.
As another said, most of us have heard this speech, many times. A refresher and reminder is always nice though.

I agree!

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Isn't there a full audio of that speech?

Not i'm saying it is not true, but a transcript is more easily to doctor as a speech...

Edit: Never mind, the audio is on the same page.

Sorry.
edit on 30-10-2016 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
It wasn't just "The Bay of Pigs".

That and the Soviets.

"Secret Societies are repugnant". Hardly calling for more secrecy.

Try reading the speech genius:

But I do ask every publisher, every editor, and every newsman in the nation to reexamine his own standards, and to recognize the nature of our country's peril. In time of war, the government and the press have customarily joined in an effort based largely on self-discipline, to prevent unauthorized disclosures to the enemy. In time of "clear and present danger," the courts have held that even the privileged rights of the First Amendment must yield to the public's need for national security.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Encryptor
I appreciate that, thanks AM very cool

No worries. That is the issue with the abridged version, it is edited in a way that completely skews the context of what had recently transpired and what Kennedy was requesting from the press.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

the courts have held that even the privileged rights of the First Amendment must yield to the public's need for national security.

He's taking about leaks in the press that defeat the efforts of the Kennedy Administration to protect the people from the "Secret Society", et al. The complicit news media, the same one we have today.

That and the Soviets.

More like the Industrial War Complex, the Pentagon, CIA, J. Edgar, the Mob and yes, the "Press".

The Russians, then as now are the "Cold" enemy to justify more "defense" expenditure,

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

He's taking about leaks in the press that defeat the efforts of the Kennedy Administration to protect the people from the "Secret Society", et al. The complicit news media, the same one we have today.

No, he is not. He specifically says 'the events of the past few weeks' which is a direct reference to the Bay of Pigs fiasco that occurred two weeks before the speech. I know facts and history are not your strong suit so I get that I may need to explain this to you several times.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
A lot of that speech was referencing krushchev's covert activities in America and the rest of the world but the Internet has spun it into some kind of anti illuminati thing.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015

A lot of that speech was referencing krushchev's covert activities in America and the rest of the world but the Internet has spun it into some kind of anti illuminati thing.

Exactly. Then you have the tool bags who did not even know Kennedy was in a 'secret society', the Knights of Columbus, and hosted them at the White House.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

No, he is not. He specifically says 'the events of the past few weeks' which is a direct reference to the Bay of Pigs fiasco that occurred two weeks before the speech.

The Bay of Pigs "Fiasco" as you put it was only a fiasco from the Military and CIA perspective. They lost. Kennedy allowed it to fail at the crucial moment by refusing to allow US air strikes from the US carriers off the coast. The operation failed as a direct result. Yay for Kennedy, yay for Americans. Sorry Mob, CIA, Pentagon, Press. Lost your Cabana boys and expense free junkets, didncha...

He also tried to step down the rising involvement (meddling) in Vietnam, something which the press was indirectly aiding the DOD by influencing Americans with propaganda of the "Red Menace". You take your rewritten version of history and burn it. It favors the state of secrets, i.e., the same assholes that still run things in washington, the military, and the factories for war. The very same assholes he warned us about.
edit on 30-10-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

...and John F. Kennedy was a liberal! This goes to show it's never black and white between conservatives and liberals. There's good and bad in both political parties.

JFK was a liberal yes. But todays liberal is nothing close to what liberals were in the nineteen sixties.

Todays liberal would make MLK AND JFK go WTF?!

They'd be horrified yes, completely farked up.

You know it and i know it.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

The Bay of Pigs "Fiasco" as you put it was only a fiasco from the Military and CIA perspective.

Who cares? Irrelevant. This is what Kennedy was referencing.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Now its "irrelevant". A moment ago it was your go to for why he "asked" for "more secrecy". His words were a carefully measured response to the press precisely about their complicit support of the warmongers position regarding the coup attempt perped by the Pentagon, CIA and military branches. This was a covert operation from beginning to end, part of the secret society theme. And the news media of his time were nought but unpaid employees of that secret government ("society").

Directly. Edit: JUST_LIKE_TODAY.

intrptr out.

edit on 30-10-2016 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Now its "irrelevant". A moment ago it was your go to for why he "asked" for "more secrecy". His words were a carefully measured response to the press precisely about their complicit support of the warmongers position regarding the coup attempt perped by the Pentagon, CIA and military branches. This was a covert operation from beginning to end, part of the secret society theme. And the news media of his time were nought but unpaid employees of that secret government ("society").

As usual you are all over the place.

If the press was 'in on it' and 'complicit' why did they leak the information? Why would Kennedy ask for MORE secrecy if they were covering for the CIA?

The facts are you friend, try using them.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

The same thing could be said about conservatives, especially with their current candidate Donald Trump.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

...and John F. Kennedy was a liberal! This goes to show it's never black and white between conservatives and liberals. There's good and bad in both political parties.

JFK was a liberal yes. But todays liberal is nothing close to what liberals were in the nineteen sixties.

You are mostly correct. Though the Kennedys were Democrats , not Progressive Liberals that call themselves Democrats today. In fact the last true Democrat passed with Teddy.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

You are mostly correct. Though the Kennedys were Democrats , not Progressive Liberals that call themselves Democrats today. In fact the last true Democrat passed with Teddy.

I won't argue with that..
Times have changed no doubt about it.

Common sense is all we have left to determine right from wrong.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

That really depends on how you view your world.

I see things different from what you do.

Is my way better because i disagree with you? No... It's not.

Is your way better because you disagree with me? No.. again, it is not.

So here's the dilemma... Differing opinions based on clarified/unclarified perception.

Meaning... We can't base what we believe and see on perception which is based off someone elses ideals of what reality is/should be.

Our entire System is based on someone else's perception.

It's messed up.

time to fix it.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

If the press was 'in on it' and 'complicit' why did they leak the information? Why would Kennedy ask for MORE secrecy if they were covering for the CIA?

What the press 'leaked' were reports of a "groundswell" revolution against Castro. Poor Cubans, he's such a dictator, a commie, they need our help. The Us military should "intervene" , support the 'rebels' (insurgents) with airstrikes to overthrow Castro.

Doesn't sound familiar? Google US meddling in Syria, but one example.

The truth was Castro overthrew a "Banana Republic", puppet dictator backed by the US: General Batista and his repressive regime (Junta).

The press of course played along then as now wth the official story, the same one you're trying to relate. Poor Cubans (Syrians) they're so mistreated (independent) we need to intervene (invade), regime change (overthrow) Cuba (Syria).

Or the Red Commie Menace will take over, destroy our way of life.

The secret society fostered this propaganda, 'leaking' it instead of telling the truth.

edit on 30-10-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join