It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

President John F Kennedy's speech, warning us...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: facedye
please refrain from name-calling.

Naïve is an adjective, not a proper noun, it is not a thing, it is an action.

in my mind, there's no reason Kennedy wouldn't allude to the soviets if that's who he was actually talking about.

and again, I don't think "group of covert actors conspiring to conduct the cold war" is synonymous with "the soviets." you're reaching there, unless you have something to substantiate that claim. has he ever talked about Russia being a covert state that is run by a small group of conspirators?

Let me make this reaaaaaaaallly simple for you, when Kennedy said 'it conducts the Cold War' who was he referring to?

Space aliens? The Illuminati? Or maybe, just maybe, he was referring to the Soviet Union since, you know, they were conducting the Cold War.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

please refrain from name-calling.

Naïve is an adjective, not a proper noun, it is not a thing, it is an action.

in my mind, there's no reason Kennedy wouldn't allude to the soviets if that's who he was actually talking about.

and again, I don't think "group of covert actors conspiring to conduct the cold war" is synonymous with "the soviets." you're reaching there, unless you have something to substantiate that claim. has he ever talked about Russia being a covert state that is run by a small group of conspirators?

Let me make this reaaaaaaaallly simple for you, when Kennedy said 'it conducts the Cold War' who was he referring to?

Space aliens? The Illuminati? Or maybe, just maybe, he was referring to the Soviet Union since, you know, they were conducting the Cold War.

you called me naïve. that has no place in this discussion. play nice

so you can't substantiate your point of view with anything other than "it doesn't make sense for him to be talking about anyone other than Russia"?

OK. I respectfully disagree with you.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: facedye

You completely avoided my question.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Encryptor

That's a good philosophy to live and die for.

Unfortunately, because of the decades of lies, manipulation and deceit it'll be decades more before we see any kind of true change for the better, I think.

Trump may seem insane (but really, who of us isn't a little on the crazy side?) at least he has his mind set on the right path: Making America great again. Even if it was all just an illusion, no one can deny that we have been revered as a great and powerful nation. Now we look like a bunch of obese, unintelligent tards. The laughing stock. That's honest.

But, people still flock here. Because it's the idea that lives. All it takes is a little faith the size of a mustard seed. Faith a powerful thing

edit on 30-10-2016 by PageLC14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

the he would have used more direct language implying the Soviets. I believe he was talking about the cabal, the MIC

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
the he would have used more direct language implying the Soviets.

How much more direct do you need to be than to say, 'It runs the Cold War'?

It becomes even more obvious when you read the speeches given in the weeks before and after this one. Kennedy felt the United States was in a life and death struggle with the Soviets, this is not open for dispute.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

saying that he was "calling for more secrecy" is a direct mischaracterization of the speech.

No, it is not. The Cubans were aware of what was going to take place a week before it occurred and this was a huge embarrassment for the new Kennedy administration. He implores them to be mindful of what they publish, hence the reason he states that secrecy should not be the norm but in some cases it is required or can even be compelled by his office.

As if Castro and the Cuban people didn't know the former Junta General Batista was a US puppet and that deposing him wouldn't bring the wrath of the US military, the Mob, the CIA. As if you can't seem to admit that Kennedy was warning this nation about that very same meddlesome secret covert OP machination in the rotten core of the US Gubment.

Focusing on one little statement in a long speech to build a case against whom... Kennedy? For going (shhhh) to the press? I know you're not kidding. Or ignorant.

Theres only one other possibility. You're a good Roman AM.

Salutes... "Hail Cesar".

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Almost all off your posts are hysterical irrelevance which systemically avoid the topic.

Answer the question, when Kennedy says 'it runs the Cold War' who is he talking about?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

"IT" meaning the propaganda the press runs on behalf of the Shadow Gubment. Disinformation, outright lies, narrative designed to influence the mass mind to fear the "commie menace", justifying more expenditure for "Defense". Which really, is offensive meddling in other sovereign nations affairs.

Like Cuba.

Kennedy was one man surrounded by a pit of vipers, carefully guarding his speech so as not to offend. What you expect him to say, F you?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
"IT" meaning the propaganda the press runs on behalf of the Shadow Gubment.

The same press that leaked the CIA's plans? The foreign press, including the Cubans, that published those plans?

I know you hate facts and evidence which is why you obviously did not read any of the links I supplied, otherwise you would be aware of these circumstances instead of trying to be edgy and clever with your replies.

Try again.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Almost all off your posts are hysterical irrelevance which systemically avoid the topic.

And all your posts deflect with carefully veiled insult, just to start something. You have to, you have no argument.

Weary of this BS.

Hail césar.

NOT...

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Was that you addressing the link where foreign newspapers published the plans for the invasion?

edit on 31-10-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

a reply to: facedye

You completely avoided my question.

what was your question?

you mean the really snarky reflexive question you posed as to who I think he was actually talking about?

I answered that question. I don't think he was talking about the soviets. The language he uses fits your assertion as well as my own.

It's hard for me to guess who he's actually talking about, as a "covert group of conspirators" who function on an international level can be a reference to a few different organizations.

EDIT: on a purely semantic level, "they conduct the cold war" is easily applicable to *both* the Soviets and the US.

for JFK to assert that we're not in any way conducting a cold war with Russia is disingenuous and out of character. it doesn't make much sense.
edit on 1-11-2016 by facedye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
It was too late for us then as evidenced by what happened to him. The octopus tentacles run deep, very deep.

The only option left is let other free nations takeover and control America. It is coming.

If they let the other side win they can't win. That is why US military is all over the place being distracted and distracting the other side. Propaganda effected America way too much today. The Americans think the rest of the world are enemies. Time to stop watching western news.
edit on 1-11-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

It's hard for me to guess who he's actually talking about..

So that is your intellectual analysis? 'I have no idea'?

What a cop out when Kennedy is being very clear when he says 'It conducts the Cold War, in short, with a war-time discipline no democracy would ever hope or wish to match'. The United States was/is a democracy, the Soviets were not. The Soviets were opposed to the United States in the Cold War, not some conspiratard fantasy group.

...as a "covert group of conspirators"...

Kennedy never said that, stop inventing fictitious quotes.

for JFK to assert that we're not in any way conducting a cold war with Russia is disingenuous and out of character. it doesn't make much sense.

Thanks for telling us what Kennedy was thinking. Too bad you are wrong. In the below speech to Congress, given just a few weeks later, Kennedy mentions the Cold War again and that the Soviets are the ones we face in that war.

Stop making things up.

edit on 2-11-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

It's hard for me to guess who he's actually talking about..

So that is your intellectual analysis? 'I have no idea'?

What a cop out when Kennedy is being very clear when he says 'It conducts the Cold War, in short, with a war-time discipline no democracy would ever hope or wish to match'. The United States was/is a democracy, the Soviets were not. The Soviets were opposed to the United States in the Cold War, not some conspiratard fantasy group.

...as a "covert group of conspirators"...

Kennedy never said that, stop inventing fictitious quotes.

Thanks for telling us what Kennedy was thinking. Too bad you are wrong. In the below speech to Congress, given just a few weeks later, Kennedy mentions the Cold War again and that the Soviets are the ones we face in that war.

Stop making things up.

you're claiming I'm "making things up" by way of not understanding my point.

and "inventing fictitious quotes?"

"For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence.."

he's talking about a covert group of conspirators. lol, looks like you're just arguing to argue. that's pretty funny.

my intellectual analysis is that he could have been discussing many other groups aside from the soviets. I base that on the language he uses, the context of the period and the delivery with which he says it - same as you.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

you're claiming I'm "making things up" by way of not understanding my point.

and "inventing fictitious quotes?"

You did, this quote you posted, "covert group of conspirators", was never uttered by Kennedy in the speech we are discussing.

"For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence.."

he's talking about a covert group of conspirators.

No, he is saying that it is a monolithic and ruthless group that uses primarily covert means to exert its influence. Stop trying to change what he is saying, it is pretty straight forward.

my intellectual analysis is that he could have been discussing many other groups aside from the soviets. I base that on the language he uses, the context of the period and the delivery with which he says it - same as you.

The only reason you are doing that is because you want to ignore the context of the times and the speeches bracketing the one in question. The Soviets were our adversary, not some other group, which is obvious even to you since when question as to who else it could have been you gave us a very detailed, 'I don't know'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join