It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow! Just wow.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
My son went to work as normal this morning. His shift was meant to finish at 7.00pm.

About 12 noon, he became agitated with a feeling of foreboding which he could not explain. The feeling got stronger as time went by.

Around 1.00pm, his work had dried up and even though it meant he would lose money, he decided it would be better for him to come home.

He walked to the bus stop, still unable to shake the horrible feeling that was niggling away at him.

He was joined at the bus stop by 2 elderly ladies and when the bus arrived he stood aside and said "Ladies first". Bless him.

The first lady got aboard and went to her seat but as the second lady stepped up, she lost her footing and fell backwards. My son caught her and prevented her from what could have been serious injury.

Once my son had sat down on his journey home, he realised the feeling of foreboding had gone.

Talk about being in the right place at the right time. Needless to say, I am so proud of him.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ashflash

Prescient

One day I got the same feeling while driving to work. For some reason I was in extra-edgy alert mode. I went to turn a corner like I do everyday, when a skateboarder zips out from a blind hedge of bushes into the channel right turn crosswalk. I saw him, no problem but immediately thought, what if there is a second one and braked to a stop... Sure enough skateborder #2 zips into the channel following his buddy.

If I had continued through the turn he'd be dead.

Edgy feeling evaporated, I was floating the rest of the day.
edit on 29-10-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Hi Prescient.
You just reminded me of a time I was driving home along the motorway and I too had a terrible feeling of dread.

There were some road works going on and the lanes were coned off.

I was approaching a slip road to the left and was truly in a state of panic. Unusual for me because I think I'm a safe and confident driver.

Then an HGV came hurtling down the slip road and I slowed down. The driver was definitely not going to slow down.

Had I not slowed, well, I dread to think what would have happened, but, like my son, once the danger had passed, the feeling of panic and foreboding just stopped.

How strange we have this built in warning of danger and prophesy.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

How strange we have this built in warning of danger and prophesy.

Personally, I think it comers thru us, not from us.

Have you ever thought of someone just before they call on the phone? I sat at a green light one day staring at it when a car ran it at breakneckk speed. If I had gone, I'd be T-boned.

Don't know why, just it happened. Hope others share some more personal 'here-say' .

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Just wanted to say to You AshFlash, this is a cool Thread! Very interesting topic, to say the least!!

Answering You two together because
A: It makes it easier for Me.
B: It makes it easier for Me. Or
C: Because it makes it easier for Me.

Ok I got some of the silly outta Me now. Well I should have said For Now!!

Your events are fascinating! I think We, as a species, are capable of much more, as far as Our Minds are concerned...

Isn't it a shame Our Government, well all or most Govt's, don't have a program(s) in place, that would help Us get more out of Our mental capabilities?! Instead They use all resources to strengthen the Militaries. That and other programs that are probably not really necessary.

I think it would be cool to have somewhere We could go and have proper training to get FULL use out of Our Minds! That includes, Remote Viewing, Telekinesis, Etc...
Plus one for This topic. A way or ways to strengthen Prescience within Our minds...

Anyways, Thank You AshFlash for opening This Thread! And Thank You Intrptr, and AshFlash for sharing Your events here!

I'm sure I have had something similar happen before, but at the moment I am still trying to wake up. Pouring the coffee down as We speak! Well as We type! Speaking of which, I hope this all made sense...

edit on 29-10-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

luckily your son that caught the woman falling backwards did not himself lose balance and crack his skull on the concrete.

maybe his foreboding was signaling a dire concussion he might suffer... but an Angel, unseen, actually intervened and he caught the womans' fall and both your son & the senior citizen lady ... were non-the-worse

edit on th31147775252529482016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Personally, I think it comers thru us, not from us.

Yes, I agree with this-- so well put!

My brother has a story like this.

It started with a night of drunken revelry in England quite a few years ago. My little brother didn't wake up on time to catch his train out and found himself with a hangover and 7 hours to kill. He got himself together and decided to walk around, check out the town, with no particular place to go. He wound his way through the streets, mindlessly turning this way and that, when suddenly was awoken from his reverie by the sound of a woman screaming. He saw a small child about to walk out into a busy roadway and grabbed him/her (?) placed the child safely in its mother's arms and continued on his walk, awed and sober.

My beliefs would attribute this amazing story to God using all of us for good, but I know not everyone would agree. Peace to all

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

This does lend to the belief in some form of destined purpose. Maybe not the whole big destiny thing, just little episodes during our lives that give us pause to reflect. Like your tale.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Thanks for the reply, I think you're right, the systems of the world don't help much in this regard. They de-educate minds.

Now we have the internet to share with. Take that one worlder warmongers.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak
I definitely agree that our minds are capable of greater things, but I doubt any government would ever reverse their dumbing down of the masses to help us move forward. Hope you get my drift

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov I don't really know what to believe, but as far as divine intervention, surely if God knew that lady was going to take a fall, I can't imagine he would need a second party to prevent it.

Thank you for your input and of course, you could be right.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I've had two 'experiences' like this, both involving my car and while my daughter (between one and two yrs. old at the time) was with me...
...the difference was, I never had any feelings of anxiety leading up to them, just amazement afterward that 'something' had 'saved' us from what would have been terrible accidents..

The first 'close call':
I was sitting at a red light with one car in front of me...the light turns green, the first car goes and I'm following, but for some reason (or really no particular reason), just before my car entered the intersection, I stopped -
- suddenly there is a car zooming thru the red light so fast, passing by in exactly the place that my car would have been to get t-boned hard!
It was a good sized car too and probably would have hit exactly where I was sitting - I honestly don't think I would have survived the crash.

The second time:
I was driving down the highway, there wasn't any traffic, when I noticed a truck about three car lengths ahead of me (in the next lane over) with maybe 5 or 6 big metal boxes (the kind you buy newspapers from) in the back rattling/shaking against each other, not tied down at all -

- I had a flash of thought, "geez, it looks like one of those could fly right out of there", and without my even thinking about doing it, my foot lifted off the gas pedal - slowing my car just enough that when one of the boxes suddenly did come flying out (!), slamming over into my lane, it rolled right across directly in front of my car and on into the median -

- if I'd been going the slightest bit faster, that thing would have come smashing onto the hood of my car and into my windshield causing me to lose control of the car, and who knows how bad an accident that could have been..

So, those are my "Wow!" stories -
It's kind of weird to me that with both experiences, I never felt any sense of looming 'danger' or anything...there actually was a sort of calmness that I remember - right at the instant before each incident - in the moment where I 'took the action' that prevented the accident without even really knowing I was doing anything particularly...

...Those are also the only things I've ever experienced that could be described as 'supernatural'..

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ashflash
a reply to: zosimov I don't really know what to believe, but as far as divine intervention, surely if God knew that lady was going to take a fall, I can't imagine he would need a second party to prevent it.

Thank you for your input and of course, you could be right.

Of course, I could be wrong too

One reason for a human participant that comes to mind is that, if there is one to witness, there will be one to spread the good word.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I absolutely agree with your point. The governments are terrified that we could hone our latent abilities.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Cool. Hard to say it is anything but coincidence, but I think it points to esp... whatever THAT really is... or at least "fate" or some intelligence in a place of higher perspective.

I had a few similar experiences ... one that stands out was a hard to pin down "anxious" feeling I had one morning and while driving down a local business street I "heard" something scream "STOP!" and slammed on my brakes... and a car came speeding through a stop sign from a side street to my right, 5 feet in front of me.

My girlfriend was in the passenger seat and if I hadn't stopped, she (or both of us) would have been killed or maimed as the speeding car was an older, domestic heavy sedan going in excess of 50 mph and it would have obliterated my little import.

She didn't hear the "STOP!" and I couldn't really say it was an external voice, but it was very real.

When I "investigated" and looked around the intersection, there were no clues to my subconscious that I could find... a building hid that portion of the side street from view until one was entering the intersection... no reflective surfaces to tip me off and my windows were up and music was playing, so no sounds, either...

so esp or alterations in "fate" seems possible, or just someone in a higher perspective/dimension gave a darn about us, for some hard to glean reason... too little information to come to any solid conclusions.

But this "stuff" happens and points to this reality being more, or less, than we usually realize.

edit on 10/29/2016 by Baddogma because: to to too

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Well said. I think as we evolve, so too do our abilities. Sadly there is no definitive answer when it comes to psychic abilities, which is what I put my son's experience down to, whether it be from within him, or from an outside influence. That influence could be God, an angel a benevolent spirit who was watching out for the lady or pure coincidence.
I am so happy that the lady did not come to any harm though.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

What an amazing story.

I know this doesn't exactly relate to my son's story, but there are so many people talking about their experiences, ghostly encounters, ufo sightings etc. I know they are not all lying because over many years I have experienced strange things that I would call paranormal. Is it all down to evolution? I can't answer that, but I know it is happening on a huge scale and to be quite honest, I love it.
Thank you so much for your input.

I asked my son if I could relay today's events on ATS and he will be sure to read all the wonderful comments from fellow atsers.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I loved going into the woods and spending the day in nature. I live in the city so to me it's a vacation. It's rare I miss the chance to go but I'll never forget feeling dread a few years ago when I got up to get ready for the day in the woods. It was as if a dark cloud stood over my home and surroundings. The atmosphere had a tangible heaviness to it & although it was sunny outside, it had a dark over cast feel. There was no warmth from the sun on that day, although warm to my top layer of skin, it was inside I felt a chill.

I decided not to go that day to my beloved hiking spot. Glad I listened to whatever this was telling me not to go. A woman who was hiking the same trail around the same time I would have been there was abducted and attacked. Dragged off into the woods and raped at knife point. She was able to fight off her attacker before he killed her and stumbled upon a couple jogging on the trail after running through the woods a good ways to escape her would be killer.

The person responsible has not been caught.

I haven't been back to that hiking trail since it happened. It looks different now-kind of how it did the morning my intuition took over. It looks dark and gloomy like the trail to pet cemetery. I haven't been spooked like this since.

Just goes to show, always listen to your intuition. ALWAYS.
edit on 29-10-2016 by MsRose82 because: clarity, spelling

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Big smile on my face when you describe your 'wow' stories.

Thank goodness you reacted as you did and at exactly the right moment.

Thank you for your story and putting a smile on my face.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

alternate explaination :

the incident of catching the falling woman broke his " train of thought "

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join