It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween Horror Movie Marthon..just got started..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I am gearing up for a great weekend of Horror Movie Marathoning, and I've already started by watching some of the old classics some of which include Prom Night, Amityville, The Ring.. but, I feel as though I am totally missing out on dozens of films that I simply have not had time to see or learn about; while I know there are a number of films being put out over the weekend, I would like to catch up on films already on DVD on which I missed out..hoping some of you ATS members can make interesting suggestions about what to include in the Marathon..

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: tony9802
Nosferatu
The Howling
Night of the Living dead
Dark Water (US pr Japanese version)
The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane
The Exorcist
The Fly (older or Jeff Goldblum)
House of 1,000 Corpses
The Hills Have Eyes

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
My favorite (as you have undoubtedly ascertained by now)

The original 1971version is pretty good, too- but Crispin is a much creepier fellow. The 1972 sequel to Willard was "Ben", and featured Michael Jackson singing over the end credits.
edit on 10282016 by seattlerat because: added link

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Today I did The Devil's Advocate.

His rant about the 'posterchild of the new millennium' is quite relevant today!

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Obvious ones are Friday the 13th, Halloween, Texas chainsaw massacre off the top of my head.
Those were the ones I always looked for.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Nosferatu
The Howling
Night of the Living dead
Dark Water (US pr Japanese version)
The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane
The Exorcist
The Fly (older or Jeff Goldblum)
House of 1,000 Corpses
The Hills Have Eyes

I was just going to add Dark Water with Jennifer Connelly, but you beat me to it..otherwise the Howling was a great movie, I'll have to catch up with that one..

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

He kind of looks like the guy in the SAW series movies, and originally, I always told myself not to go to close to the SAW movies since they sort of go in a direction that feels a bit too disturbing and dangerous to me, but then I went to the theater and saw one movie by the same director, and it was actually ok..I get a little scared if there's too much torture in the movie..I think it was called the Conspirator and it concerned this jewel thief, that brings hell to a certain family..I'll have to double check that title though..

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: jamesmm791
Obvious ones are Friday the 13th, Halloween, Texas chainsaw massacre off the top of my head.

The Fog would be a great movie to watch again also..funny how as you get older you always wind up finding and discovering new things about yourself and about the movie as well..

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Hey I am doing something similar tomorrow night (plus a bed picnic). I have a penchant for 70s movies.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

You're just now getting started? It's a month long event around here. My list for this year:

1. Asylum
2. Scanners
3. The Fly
4. Pontypool
5. Southbound
6. Kwaidan
7. Dust devil
8. Night of the creeps
9. Tales of Hallowwen
10.The Wailing
11.The witch
12.Ghostwatch
13.Nightmire on Elm steet 4
14.House of 1000 Corpses
15.The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
16.Nightmare on Elm Street 3
17.Marebito
18.Lords of Salem
19.The Devil's Backbone
20.The Vanishing
21.Session 9
22.Lake Mungo
23.Train to Busan
24.Maléfique
25.The Colony
26.Splinter
27.The Skeleton Key
28.A Tale Of Two Sisters
29.Dead End
30.Noroi: The curse

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

whoa, that's quite an impressive list.. i started about a week ago..The Dead Zone, The Ring

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

You have to love those 70's vehicles..Rabid talks about Martial Law being declared? Wow..stay away from the Fema Camps people..

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
hell raiser
jason

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802

originally posted by: jamesmm791

The Fog would be a great movie to watch again also..funny how as you get older you always wind up finding and discovering new things about yourself and about the movie as well..

Just watched The Fog last night! Night before that was Children of the Corn, and Creep show. Penny Dreadful was a scary one... not sure what I'll pick tonight.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The movie "Southbound" was way better than I expected. Another good low budget flick that I watch every year is "Grave Encounters". It's a genuinely creepy, claustrophobic movie.

www.imdb.com...
www.imdb.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The Thing (1982)
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Dog Soldiers

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

No one has mentioned the SAW movies.. I guess there parts 1 through 7, but i'm not too familiar,

How about The Entity, now there is a real disgusting film even based on a true story..I can't stand Satan

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Yeah...Dracula (1931) in black and white with Bela Lugosi is on Turner Classics right now...we'll also watch Van Helsing and Legend of Sleepy Hollow and Pumpkinhead....among others....

BOO!

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The Aussies have produced some really good horror movies in my opinion. I watched Wyrmwood Road of the Dead last night and its definitely up there with the best if you like an unadulterated non-stop gore fest.

edit on 29-10-2016 by Morrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
DO YOU READ SUTTER CAINE???

In The Mouth of Madness [1995]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join