It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Trump than Clinton in my neck of the woods

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox
My apologies, I must not frequent ppl's neighborhoods as much as you. My statement stands, I have not noticed HRC signs as much as you have, I guess. I found your statement of "hundreds of Clinton signs" a bit over the top because again, I have not viewed them with my eyes as you claim to. Especially when it is apparent to anyone in GA that there is more physical support for Trump than Hillary, in terms of yard signs, etc. I don't know how you can even debate that, but that is your choice. I will not tell you where they are because, well they're everywhere.

Good day to you.

No, it's not "apparent to anyone here in Georgia" that there's more support for Trump than Hillary. Usually, by this time, every corner is crowed with signs for the Republcian nominee ... happened with Romney, happened with McCain.

Isn't happening with Trump.

I'm sure we all see what we want to see though.

I'm not surprised you didn't like being called on your boasts.

Here's a throught, next time you want to state a difference of opinion, do it without calling the other person a liar.

That seems to work out better, overall.
edit on 28-10-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

LOL Where? I would like to take a pic of one for the hubby. Just to prove they do exist. Because we haven't even seen one in a yard. And we drove all over Lansing, thinking that town would surely have some.

OOO, where you by Detroit maybe?

Hell, maybe nobody is putting them out, out of fear of those violent Trump supporters? (LOL)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Cincinnati, Trump signs outnumber Clinton signs about 10 - 1. (Not including the handful of Hillary for prison signs I've seen).

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Warning:

This thread is not in the Mud Pit.

Civilty is expected outside of the Mud Pit.

Talking about each other is always considered off topic.

Calling each other "liars" is not civil discussion, and DOES NOT BELONG OUTSIDE THE PIT.

Keep it up and you may well find yourselves post banned until AFTER the election.

Discuss the TOPIC, not each other.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

My apologies, I must not frequent ppl's neighborhoods as much as you. My statement stands, I have not noticed HRC signs as much as you have, I guess. I found your statement of "hundreds of Clinton signs" a bit over the top because again, I have not viewed them with my eyes as you claim to. Especially when it is apparent to anyone in GA that there is more physical support for Trump than Hillary, in terms of yard signs, etc. I don't know how you can even debate that, but that is your choice. I will not tell you where they are because, well they're everywhere.

Good day to you.

No, it's not "apparent to anyone here in Georgia" that there's more support for Trump than Hillary. Usually, by this time, every corner is crowed with signs for the Republcian nominee ... happened with Romney, happened with McCain.

Isn't happening with Trump.

I'm sure we all see what we want to see though.

I'm not surprised you didn't like being called on your boasts.

Here's a throught, next time you want to state a difference of opinion, do it without calling the other person a liar.

That seems to work out better, overall.

Never once called you a liar, bub. All I said was your claims of hundreds of signs for Clinton are unfounded, especially when you follow it up with "tens of trump." It's laughable dude. However, you did call me a liar so what's up with that??

You seem very defensive. I wonder why?

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Nm
edit on 28-10-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I STILL see more Obama stickers than Hillary

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
My liberal FB friends who tolerate my Trump posts....they are not posting ANYTHING Pro-Hillary, except if you count anti-Trump propaganda. That stuff comes mostly from media outlets anyway.

When I ask them directly, are you pro Hillary, they shiver and say nfw.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I am in one of the most liberal communities anywhere. I'm talking die hard progressive liberal heaven. There were Obama stickers/signs everywhere last two elections. My town has about 70,000 residents. I have maybe seen like 5 Hillary signs. I saw way more support for Bernie locally. I know quite a few people voting from Trump on the down low. This is not the kind of community that would take too kindly to a Trump sign. Your house would get vandalized. Liberals don't like opposing thought.

As someone else mentioned, I think Trump supporters are far more enthusiastic. Democrats are voting with their nose pinched. This may translate into less turn out on the left.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
NEPA here..... I see one Hillary sign..... and a sea of Trump signs every where. No one I know or come in contact with (working among the community) is voting for that wretch! There are a few exceptions if you go into one town that is filled with LGBT you will see a few Hillary signs.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tow69

Same with ca where my family is from.

I am not sure how you say Calif is pro Hillary.

My wife and I were just down there, we drove from Washington State all the way down the I-5 corridor down past LA and we seen NOT 1 pro Hillary sign,

However we seen hundreds upon hundreds of pro Trump signs

So I have to disagree with your Calif statement

Side note with everything above being said I am just NOT sure how the establishment can say Washington, Oregon and Calif are possibly Democratic... NO PRO DEM signs anywhere down the entire I-5 corridor which cuts all 3 states from Canada to Mexico
Some inland areas are conservative. Those aren't the population centers.. Sf and la are. Ca is literally the most liberal state.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

correct

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

a reply to: Gryphon66

I don't get on much, but I had to just to answer this.

Completely false. I too live in Atlanta, and I drive everywhere around GA because I am an outside salesmen. I have yet to see one single sign, bumber sticker, anything about Hillary Clinton in GA. Go somewhere else with that crap.

Perhaps you don't get into Druid Hills that often.

At any rate, you're lying. There are Hillary signs EVEN in west Georgia this time around ... Douglasville, Villa Rica, Carrollton ...

So, the next time you "answer" something, try to do so with the truth rather than this sort of BS ... okay?

Thanks bud.

I'm in Buckhead everyday and haven't seen a single Clinton sticker, AT all. North of the city, pretty much the entire northern arc OTP is covered up with Trump.

My experience is the same as PurpleFox.
edit on 10/28/2016 by Finalized because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
The basic problem with using the number of campaign signs/stickers as a measure of support is that not every voter will display one. In the recent local government election in New Zealand I voted without displaying publicly where my support went and why. Who Nixon termed the Silent Majority became swing voters after his lifetime and now decided General elections the world over.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: xpert11
The basic problem with using the number of campaign signs/stickers as a measure of support is that not every voter will display one. In the recent local government election in New Zealand I voted without displaying publicly where my support went and why. Who Nixon termed the Silent Majority became swing voters after his lifetime and now decided General elections the world over.

Campaign stickers and yard signs generally show enthusiasm about a candidate. Obama stickers and signs were everywhere. Maybe it was the cool logo?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: starlitestarbrite
NEPA here..... I see one Hillary sign..... and a sea of Trump signs every where. No one I know or come in contact with (working among the community) is voting for that wretch! There are a few exceptions if you go into one town that is filled with LGBT you will see a few Hillary signs.

Yes, lots of Trump signs. Shout out to NEPA, that's where I am.
edit on 31-10-2016 by FlyingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

Again, I have not seen anything with Hillary Clinton. Not lying, I just haven't noticed them anywhere. I'm sure there are some, but not compared with how many Trump signs I've seen, even out in front of businesses.

Don't call me bud, pal.

You're right, I've been all over GA lately and seen 2 Clinton bumper sticks and 0 yard signs.

More Trump signs than I can count, in some counties several per mile.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
The vote is robotic and clinical, not without a sense of resignation.

I also feel that people are showing support for Clinton simply for the initial that sits next to her name. The Democratic party has always appealed to the emotions of those who genuinely care about human life, and also for people who could be 'oppressed'. They vote through this feeling of vicarious salvation and the (D) has been so far ingrained into their mind that I feel like they want to vote this way because the (R) has also been completely demonized. (Also mass media is a b!tch)

It's very interesting and I need to talk to more people who show support for her around my neighborhood (I live directly in a city, so I see more signs around me)

Only one of my actual friends has been a Hillary supporter from the first day

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This morning I noticed that my neighbor 3 houses east of me who has had Democrat signs in front of his house every since I moved in 15 years ago has Trump signs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join