It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

More Trump than Clinton in my neck of the woods

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I have noticed when driving from the suburbs to the city - as I have done for nearly 25 years now - that I see absolutely ZERO Clinton bumper stickers. This is odd to me because I drive through some very left wing neighborhoods on my way to work. In the last two elections it seemed like Obama advertising on nearly every car and I saw signs all over the place. Not so with Hillary.
On the other hand, in the suburbs I see Trump posters and whatnot in many places. Not as many as I saw in the last elections with other Republicans, but still there is visible support.
The real kicker is that in my couple of sojourns to rural areas over the last couple of months Trumps name can be seen practically everywhere.

So my theory is that the normal urban support for a Democratic presidential candidate is very weak. It is almost non-existent at least in a supportive sense. The vote is robotic and clinical, not without a sense of resignation. In the suburbs there is support for Trump but it is hidden because there are people that are "embarrassed" to be seen voting for Trump. Still though they will vote for Trump and probably are more supportive than they are willing to admit. The reason for that is many educated women don't think Trump is "presidential" and cannot admit to all their buddies that they would support him. At the same time they have little or no patience with the sh*tcans of crazy Hillary is selling. Nearly every man I know, even ones from foreign countries, will vote for Trump in these suburban areas. In rural areas, Trump will win in a total landslide. Probably moreso than any candidate since Reagan.

I am positive that my thoughts are accurate for most of the so called "flyover" states. I think that includes contested states such as Pennsylvania and Ohio. In that regard I think that Trumps chances of winning the election is much higher than any media outlet lets on.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Because Hillary Clinton funneled the money budgeted for signs into her own account for some personal spending. It's the Clinton way.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Living in rural Texas, Ive see three Trump signs, 2 for HRC.

Id guess your analysis is pretty much spot on. HRC will take the liberal urban areas, Trump will take the exurbs and the rural vote.

One crap election this one is.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Actually, I think the sign makers failed to make cotributions to the Clinton foundtion so they didnt get the approved license to make the signs.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
I have noticed when driving from the suburbs to the city - as I have done for nearly 25 years now - that I see absolutely ZERO Clinton bumper stickers. This is odd to me because I drive through some very left wing neighborhoods on my way to work. In the last two elections it seemed like Obama advertising on nearly every car and I saw signs all over the place. Not so with Hillary.
On the other hand, in the suburbs I see Trump posters and whatnot in many places. Not as many as I saw in the last elections with other Republicans, but still there is visible support.
The real kicker is that in my couple of sojourns to rural areas over the last couple of months Trumps name can be seen practically everywhere.

So my theory is that the normal urban support for a Democratic presidential candidate is very weak. It is almost non-existent at least in a supportive sense. The vote is robotic and clinical, not without a sense of resignation. In the suburbs there is support for Trump but it is hidden because there are people that are "embarrassed" to be seen voting for Trump. Still though they will vote for Trump and probably are more supportive than they are willing to admit. The reason for that is many educated women don't think Trump is "presidential" and cannot admit to all their buddies that they would support him. At the same time they have little or no patience with the sh*tcans of crazy Hillary is selling. Nearly every man I know, even ones from foreign countries, will vote for Trump in these suburban areas. In rural areas, Trump will win in a total landslide. Probably moreso than any candidate since Reagan.

I am positive that my thoughts are accurate for most of the so called "flyover" states. I think that includes contested states such as Pennsylvania and Ohio. In that regard I think that Trumps chances of winning the election is much higher than any media outlet lets on.
This is a classic mistake of over extrapolation based on a limited sample.

I live in NYC, and it's the exact opposite of what you are saying. Trump support is very low. People are feverishly pro Clinton. Same with ca where my family is from.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I commute from Atlanta to rural west Georgia every day.

Hundreds of Clinton bumper stickers, signs and posters in the city.

Tens of Trump paraphernalia as one goes West ... but not much.

Again, anecdotal evidence.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Im in upstate NY (Albany area) and Clinton support in the public square is non existant. Not that Trump signs abound, but they are here.
edit on 28-10-2016 by HomeBrew because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I don't get on much, but I had to just to answer this.

Completely false. I too live in Atlanta, and I drive everywhere around GA because I am an outside salesmen. I have yet to see one single sign, bumber sticker, anything about Hillary Clinton in GA. Go somewhere else with that crap.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox

I don't get on much, but I had to just to answer this.

Completely false. I too live in Atlanta, and I drive everywhere around GA because I am an outside salesmen. I have yet to see one single sign, bumber sticker, anything about Hillary Clinton in GA. Go somewhere else with that crap.

Perhaps you don't get into Druid Hills that often.

At any rate, you're lying. There are Hillary signs EVEN in west Georgia this time around ... Douglasville, Villa Rica, Carrollton ...

So, the next time you "answer" something, try to do so with the truth rather than this sort of BS ... okay?

Thanks bud.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Same with ca where my family is from.

I am not sure how you say Calif is pro Hillary.

My wife and I were just down there, we drove from Washington State all the way down the I-5 corridor down past LA and we seen NOT 1 pro Hillary sign,

However we seen hundreds upon hundreds of pro Trump signs

So I have to disagree with your Calif statement

Side note with everything above being said I am just NOT sure how the establishment can say Washington, Oregon and Calif are possibly Democratic... NO PRO DEM signs anywhere down the entire I-5 corridor which cuts all 3 states from Canada to Mexico

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: PurpleFox

It's the same here in President Obama's home state of Illinois. Mostly Trump stickers and signs Are springing up.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Again, I have not seen anything with Hillary Clinton. Not lying, I just haven't noticed them anywhere. I'm sure there are some, but not compared with how many Trump signs I've seen, even out in front of businesses.

Don't call me bud, pal.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I'd say in central PA I see 10 to 1 Trump signs to Hillary.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox

Again, I have not seen anything with Hillary Clinton. Not lying, I just haven't noticed them anywhere. I'm sure there are some, but not compared with how many Trump signs I've seen, even out in front of businesses.

Don't call me bud, pal.

You're not lying, but you're glad to claim that I am when you've never had a second's interaction with me before?

Where have you seen these Trump signs. Name some businesses, streets, areas. I'll be glad to go by and check and report back.

You can feel free to check out Emory Road, North Decatur Road, Briarcliff and any associated neighborhood streets if you like.

Or if you like, and I'm sure this is far closer to the real answer ... I guess we move in different circles in Georgia. I'm good to note that and move on. I certainly didn't invite interaction with you, but when you see fit to call a man a liar with no background, /shrug.

Thanks again, bud.
edit on 28-10-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Mostly Gov. Johnson signs in my small village. But when push comes to shove they will pull the Clinton lever in the voting booth.

It's going to be close but Trump simply won't get the electoral votes.

www.270towin.com...

But still don't forget to vote on the 28th.

edit on 28-10-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Wow, its almost like America is diverse in its opinion and attempting to extrapolate based on a tiny section of our own experience is stupid.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I said it would be the same in "flyover" country. I do not think people in NY and California metro areas have the same thinking processes as the rest of the country.

This was of course my personal view of the situation. An opinion of things on the ground where I am.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I live in Indiana - I did see two Hillary yard signs when I drove up through Michigan.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
My apologies, I must not frequent ppl's neighborhoods as much as you. My statement stands, I have not noticed HRC signs as much as you have, I guess. I found your statement of "hundreds of Clinton signs" a bit over the top because again, I have not viewed them with my eyes as you claim to. Especially when it is apparent to anyone in GA that there is more physical support for Trump than Hillary, in terms of yard signs, etc. I don't know how you can even debate that, but that is your choice. I will not tell you where they are because, well they're everywhere.

Good day to you.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I m in Pahrump Nevada it's all Trump here. I haven't seen one Hillary sign in this town.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join