It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netflix's CEO says entertainment pills could be the next big thing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Everyone is familiar with the saying 'Netflix and Chill,' but Netflix CEO Reed Hastings has an even better idea, 'Netflix and Chill Pill.'

That's not the actual brand or product name, but more of a concept that Hastings introduced at a recent tech conference for the Wall Street Journal.

When speaking about the future of Netflix, Hastings said that, while movies and TV shows may be all the rage now, he anticipates they'll eventually become obsolete and will be rivaled by pharmaceutical substitutes, "like a pill that entertains you." This according to a tweet from the Wall Street Journal.

This article struck me as funny....so Netflix own CEO is saying the next big thing in entertainment at home is a pill? I wonder how close his ties are with BIG PHARMA? This is a really crazy thing for a CEO of a major company to be suggesting....drugs for entertainment purposes...sounds like he is trying to progress towards legalization of something to actually entertain us while we watch TV.

Coming soon to a pharmacy near you...The Netflix and Chill Pill....knowing what "Netflix and Chill" actually means I think the phrase he used kinda promotes rape in the form he said it though...."here baby...take this pill before we start the movie....don't worry....it is for entertainment purposes"

Anywho....just the next big thing in drugs for our mindless youth to get caught up in!

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I can get that now.......its called coc aine or Herione

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
The Netflix navel gazing app, huh?

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
What a bizarre thing to say. Makes me wonder if he already enjoys some pharmaceutical entertainment....

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Legal High. Ahhh Pharmacopia... like they're going to finally come on board and just sell drugs.

Brave New World. THX 1138, Roller Ball (the original), Logans Run.

Leave any out?
edit on 27-10-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure those already exist. They just aren't branded with the Netflix logo.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
MDMA (ecstasy) What, is this guy trying to reinvent the wheel or something lol

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

So they will offer opium 2.0 to keep the population controlled, since they realized we don't believe the media anymore. Got it?

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyDavidson
MDMA (ecstasy) What, is this guy trying to reinvent the wheel or something lol

That will work.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
You mean, uh, ex?

But I think a pill is short term thinking. Neuro apps is where it will be. Download apps for whatever sensation you desire.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
intrptr already covered it and hadn't read his comment.

So i'll just state...

"He's right you know".
edit on 27-10-2016 by MagicCow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
A pill that kept you awake for days would be more useful, in case you wanted to watch all the seasons of a series in one sitting and whatnot.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Netflix CEO is officially a retard.

There's no known substance that can stimulate the pleasure or satisfaction centers of the brain for long periods of time without triggering mental addiction and physical withdrawal symptoms, be they mild or severe, depending on the substance. Even marijuana. Quitting smoking is not exactly fun if you've been doing it long enough. Then there's alcohol widely available everywhere. I should know, I'm an avid beer drinker. I just say legalize marijuana and then they could make THC pills. No pharmaceutical industry neccessary.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I don't even watch Netflix anymore. People just lay or sit there and watch entire series for days. I could care less about that #, I'd rather play games online and troll social media.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Everyone is familiar with the saying 'Netflix and Chill,' but Netflix CEO Reed Hastings has an even better idea, 'Netflix and Chill Pill.'

That's not the actual brand or product name, but more of a concept that Hastings introduced at a recent tech conference for the Wall Street Journal.

When speaking about the future of Netflix, Hastings said that, while movies and TV shows may be all the rage now, he anticipates they'll eventually become obsolete and will be rivaled by pharmaceutical substitutes, "like a pill that entertains you." This according to a tweet from the Wall Street Journal.

This article struck me as funny....so Netflix own CEO is saying the next big thing in entertainment at home is a pill? I wonder how close his ties are with BIG PHARMA? This is a really crazy thing for a CEO of a major company to be suggesting....drugs for entertainment purposes...sounds like he is trying to progress towards legalization of something to actually entertain us while we watch TV.

Coming soon to a pharmacy near you...The Netflix and Chill Pill....knowing what "Netflix and Chill" actually means I think the phrase he used kinda promotes rape in the form he said it though...."here baby...take this pill before we start the movie....don't worry....it is for entertainment purposes"

Anywho....just the next big thing in drugs for our mindless youth to get caught up in!

um, that's called drugs... You know, like lsd or opioids.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
There used to be methods to get a greater experience out of listening to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon" album, or getting new insights when watching the film "The Wizard of Oz"...

...but I can't discuss those methods here on ATS, because I think it's against the T&C for me to do so.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

A think a good acid trip while watching an entire season of 24 in one sitting is going to be fun.
Oops, it looks like you can only stream 24 in the U.K.
Now what to do with the next 24 hours besides f re a k ou t ??!

edit on 27-10-2016 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

A think a good acid trip while watching an entire season of 24 in one sitting is going to be fun.
Oops, it looks like you can only stream 24 in the U.K.
Now what to do with the next 24 hours besides f re a k ou t ??!

Or, considering your avatar, do that while watching Blue Velvet.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Neo in the matrix was a dealer he sold neural hacks. That would allow people to live an experience. Hi jack all the neural inputs and you can't tell your not there.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Headshot
You mean, uh, ex?

But I think a pill is short term thinking. Neuro apps is where it will be. Download apps for whatever sensation you desire.

That'll be very useful.

When the brain app for sad and depressed comes out i can stop watching the news.

That'll save me loads of time!
edit on b1111215 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join