It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a Muslim, I Think Canada Should Ban the Niqab and Burka in Public

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Encryptor

I was under the impression that the Niqab and Burka were more of a Middle-East cultural thing used to subjugate women and really has nothing to do with Islam. I am not sure if this is true, but I don't think God would care.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

There is a big difference between daisy dukes and a nijab.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jdennis10

There is a big difference between daisy dukes and a nijab.

Well yeah, that's why I used them as examples. Should I have used "see through tops" and nijabs as the examples to further make my point? Because my whole point is that it should be up to women to decide what they want to wear.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

As a Muslim, I think women should get to choose what they want to wear in public. If a woman wants to wear daisy dukes or a nijab, she should be free to do so.

That is not the rule of law for Muslims. You are a patron to the wrong religion if that is your feelings. They treat woman like garbage. Women can't even travel alone. Stoning gays to death, stoning adulters to death. All these virgins for men but what about he woman? Do they get expert men for pleasure. Total BS bullcrap religion. Every country where this religion dominates is a failure. Every single one.

Go find another religion.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Not really. The vast majority of women in Middle eastern countries wear neither one. But just as there are people in every other culture that are overly "protective" and restrictive of what their daughters and wives can wear in public, there are also people like that in Muslim communities.

But that only tells one side of the situation. The other side of the situation is that there are a lot of women who willingly wear them and other full body coverings. From my own anecdotal conversations, a lot of those women simply reject the daily and expensive makeup & fashion grind, as well as wanting to reduce the ogling & social pressure for their looks, weight, etc.

A lot of the Muslim women I know even explain it that they feel that their curves are a blessing that only select people should get to see. And others say they prefer headscarves of various types because they can put them on in a matter of minutes, as opposed to 30min to an hour to get certain hair styles. Of course, those same women may still put on basic makeup, have flashy accessories, and dye their hair; they just don't seem to care for showing it off to everyone.

This is why I try to point out that it should be a woman's choice on what she wears. Obviously parents should have a say to an extent until their daughters reach adulthood, hence why I keep saying "woman/women" (as in, adult females).

ETA: Oh yeah, and there's one other simple perspective I left out. Women Muslims can also be hardline conservatives. Just like a Nun or female Amish woman willingly covers herself completely, female Wahhabis, Salafis, and members of other hardline sects also willingly cover themselves up. If you ever did a survey of Wahhabi or Salafi females, they'd probably overwhelmingly agree that females should cover themselves in public.
edit on 23-10-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode

As a Muslim, I think women should get to choose what they want to wear in public. If a woman wants to wear daisy dukes or a nijab, she should be free to do so.

That is not the rule of law for Muslims. You are a patron to the wrong religion if that is your feelings. They treat woman like garbage. Women can't even travel alone. Stoning gays to death, stoning adulters to death. All these virgins for men but what about he woman? Do they get expert men for pleasure. Total BS bullcrap religion. Every country where this religion dominates is a failure. Every single one.

Go can politely go screw yourself. I've spent my entire life around Islam and Christianity, and the truth bears no resemblance to what you just typed.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

If you came to my house and ate a meal with me that I cooked and had a few drinks? All the political BS would go right out the window my friend! We are divided because we choose to believe in a cause that takes freedom from one to give freedom to another.

Freedom is something that is a threat to those who have created the BS that prevents people like you and I from realizing JUST how much we have in common??

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I can agree with that. People are just people & we have far more in common than we're led to believe. Though my drink would probably be some type of fruit juice or some hippie drink like chocolate almond milk lol.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Go can politely go screw yourself. I've spent my entire life around Islam and Christianity, and the truth bears no resemblance to what you just typed.

I know the truth hurts so I get your anger. You dedicated your life to a religion that is obtuse about woman and treats them like garbage. They also do not respect gays or transgenders. They will effin kill them. This is YOUR RELIGION. They kill gays and transgenders. OWN IT.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

Oh wow. I've never heard something like that before. Thanks for the informative post, bro. (facepalm)

media.giphy.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Oh wow. I've never heard something like that before. Thanks for the informative post, bro. (facepalm)

media.giphy.com...

If I was gay in Iran I would be stoned to death. Murdered. FACEeffinplant. OWN IT.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Uganda is a Christian majority country and they've also banned homosexuality, with a minimum sentence of two years in prison and a maximum of life for "offenses". Ethiopia is also a Christian-majority country which has banned homosexuality. In fact, there are more than 75 countries that have banned it.

There are even 12 States in the US that still have anti-sodomy laws (Louisiana, Alabama, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas, and Utah). And that's after the 2003 Supreme Court case of Lawrence v. Texas which finally ruled that anti-sodomy laws are against the 12th Amendment to the US Constitution. Yes, it was only in 2003 that anti-sodomy laws were banned in the United States of America, another Christian-majority country. And yet 12 States have continued to bypass that ruling to this day.

LGBT people have been oppressed and killed by religious groups all over the world for millenia. Trying to pin it on one religion is both disingenuous and just plain stupid. And more importantly, what do any of your fearmongering rants have to do with the topic of this thread?

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

This is a good thread i was lurking and it really got my goat seeing Women being treated like dogs in the west by a backwards religion like Islam so good for you!

The west needs more people like you to stand up to bad religions.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Jdennis10

There sure is Sister!

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I know the truth hurts so I get your anger. You dedicated your life to a religion that is obtuse about woman and treats them like garbage. They also do not respect gays or transgenders. They will effin kill them. This is YOUR RELIGION. They kill gays and transgenders. OWN IT.

I stand up for gay rights and i hate that this cult called Islam demeans women and gays. they pretend they dont but this is a very bad and backtrodden religion.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

you are avoiding the OPs topic by reverting to Christianity. Its about ISLAM not Christianity.

Islam is the topic and opression of Women wearing blankets over their heads to appease Men, along with gays and it's disgusting

edit on 23-10-2016 by DaisyPusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

There is nowhere in Quran that women should wear those. This is later "invention" to hide their property ( women) and reduce female rights and lower female status to similar as owning "a vase".

And all documents which are used as ID should show whole face. No matter what is the sex of person who checks the ID. And burka or niqab are not religious clothing.

Take a look back few decades, women in arab countries did wear very modern clothes

Iranian women back in 1970´s

This is so true, it's a new phenomenon. Really glad you added that link i just finished work and came back,was gonna find a link about that too.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Wear what you want in public, but if you go into a shop or something at least take off the veil.

If I have to remove my motorbike helmet to buy petrol from the station you should have to take off your veil. Can't have one set of rules for one group and a separate set of rules for others.

Exactly one of my intended points. It's the Western world not Iran or Saudi Arabia.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Uganda is a Christian majority country and they've also banned homosexuality, with a minimum sentence of two years in prison and a maximum of life for "offenses". Ethiopia is also a Christian-majority country which has banned homosexuality. In fact, there are more than 75 countries that have banned it.

There are even 12 States in the US that still have anti-sodomy laws (Louisiana, Alabama, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas, and Utah). And that's after the 2003 Supreme Court case of Lawrence v. Texas which finally ruled that anti-sodomy laws are against the 12th Amendment to the US Constitution. Yes, it was only in 2003 that anti-sodomy laws were banned in the United States of America, another Christian-majority country. And yet 12 States have continued to bypass that ruling to this day.

LGBT people have been oppressed and killed by religious groups all over the world for millenia. Trying to pin it on one religion is both disingenuous and just plain stupid. And more importantly, what do any of your fearmongering rants have to do with the topic of this thread?

Ok. So your religion accepts gays and transgenders and forgives those who commit adultery. They welcome these people with open arms. DO YOU welcome these people with open arms? If you do you are not following Islam I know that much for a fact.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join