It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a Muslim, I Think Canada Should Ban the Niqab and Burka in Public

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

I doubt anyone in that religion would agree unless they planned to go against their own belief system.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
How do we know if she is forced,wearing by habit or wanting to wear this garb ? Canada is a postnational state with no core values according to the Liberal Government so everything is a free for all.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: Jdennis10
a reply to: enlightenedservant

There is a big difference between daisy dukes and a nijab.

Well yeah, that's why I used them as examples. Should I have used "see through tops" and nijabs as the examples to further make my point? Because my whole point is that it should be up to women to decide what they want to wear.

She's right the difference is huge. Comparing apples to oranges are we?

Bad analysis on your part. How you like if you were married to a Muslim and they made you wear one of those?
What about the gay community? If it truly was a religion of equality would you made a gay man wear one too?

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: fernalley
How do we know if she is forced,wearing by habit or wanting to wear this garb ? Canada is a postnational state with no core values according to the Liberal Government so everything is a free for all.

See and that's dangerous. Anyone can wear a boikah 'as we say in new yoik' while weilding a knife or gun underneath those garbs.

edit on 23-10-2016 by Encryptor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Enlightened Servant would you allow a transgender to use a restroom in your establishment like Trump did with Jenner?

Would Islamic countries allow it?

LOOK IN THE MIRROR buddy.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
A heads up that this thread is NO LONGER in the Mud Pit.

As such, the normal T&C apply. Let's tone the rhetoric down and refrain from trollery of any kind. Consider this fair warning.

As usual, do NOT reply to this post.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DaisyPusher

How am I avoiding the OP? Did you even read my other posts, which directly responded to the issue in the OP? It's not my fault some of you can't differentiate between different sects of Islam, and thus choose to paint us all with the same brush.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Encryptor

I think I should be able to wear a mask while I drive.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Encryptor

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: Jdennis10
a reply to: enlightenedservant

There is a big difference between daisy dukes and a nijab.

Well yeah, that's why I used them as examples. Should I have used "see through tops" and nijabs as the examples to further make my point? Because my whole point is that it should be up to women to decide what they want to wear.

She's right the difference is huge. Comparing apples to oranges are we?

Bad analysis on your part.

Some people will ban or forbid their daughters and/or wives from wearing daisy dukes and/or see through tops in public. I literally chose garments of clothing that are on opposite ends of the "too conservative/too liberal" spectrum, because some people get offended when women cover up too much or don't cover up enough. Then I noted that in either case, it should be up to the women to decide what they want to wear.

So perhaps you should've simply analyzed it deeper?

How you like if you were married to a Muslim and they made you wear one of those?

(Facepalm) Do you respond without reading the posts you're replying to? I literally said that women should be allowed to choose what they wear. That means I don't think people should be forced to wear specific things. Bad analysis on your part or nah?

What about the gay community? If it truly was a religion of equality would you made a gay man wear one too?

What does that have to do with banning or allowing the niqab or burka? Also, what part of "women should be allowed to wear what they choose" do you not understand? This is literally what I said in my first post in this thread:

As a Muslim, I think women should get to choose what they want to wear in public. If a woman wants to wear daisy dukes or a nijab, she should be free to do so.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

I think I should be able to wear a mask while I drive.

Yeah me too..Everytime i try to some officer tells me to take my jason mask off!

double damn standard!!!@##$%

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
Enlightened Servant would you allow a transgender to use a restroom in your establishment like Trump did with Jenner?

Would Islamic countries allow it?

LOOK IN THE MIRROR buddy.

Uhh, now you've moved onto Trump and Jenner? Uhh ok... Try to stay on topic buddy.

Though for the record, I don't have a problem with members of the LGBT community. Perhaps you should stop projecting. And ironically, it's the conservative Christians who lead the charge against the LGBT community right here in the US. So the human rights gains for LGBT communities have come in spite of religious teachings here, not because of it. So are you sure you want to go that route?

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

As a Muslim, I Think Canada Should Ban the Niqab and Burka in Public

Ban? No. Encourage them to make their own choices as free citizens? Yes. Canada isn't Saudi Arabia where Religious Zealots posing as LEO's wander the streets. Nor, for that matter, is the United States.

As for it being Islamic rules? Not to my knowledge. It's a power trip by men attempting to place women into forms of subjugation. Obviously, that should be discouraged. Banning, however, is a step too far.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

What do you guys think?

As an atheist white guy, I don't like being told what I can't wear.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

What do you guys think?

As an atheist white guy, I don't like being told what I can't wear.

I agree, but where does one draw the line?

Say some crazy jihad dudes decide to wear a burka and then gun hundreds of people down?

This is a concern.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

If a maniac wants to shoot people up with restricted vision that's better than without restricted vision.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

So? Are you saying it's the Burkha's fault?

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail

No.. it's the burka's creators fault.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail

Can i put one on you? i mean ... just for fun.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

This is getting creepy.

What tactical advantage does a Burkha give a terrorist/maniac?
A clown suit and makeup would serve the same purpose of hiding the face without the restrictions that come with the Burkha.

The only pressing issue with this whole debate is what the correct spelling of Burkah is.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Mass murder. Blame it on the clothes. Lunacy.

No, you cannot put a Burka on me, but I still have the right to wear it if I so choose.

Ain't no short sighted plank going to tell me I can't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join