It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cameroon train crash kills more than 70, injures 600

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Cameroon train crash kills more than 70, injures 600

ESEKA, Cameroon (AP) — Authorities in Cameroon rushed more than 600 injured people to hospitals in the country's two main cities Saturday in an effort to save lives a day after an overcrowded train derailed, killing more than 70 people. Bodies remained strewn along the tracks as rescue workers searched for more injured or dead. The injured were being taken to hospitals in the capital, Yaounde, and the port city where the train was heading, Douala, officials said, as the president declared Monday to be a national day of mourning. "My sincere condolences to the families of the victims of the derailment" of the Camrail train," President Paul Biya said on his official Facebook page. About 70 people died and 600 were wounded, he said, and the cause of the crash was being investigated.

Is it just me or does the rash of recent train crashes seem odd? Could these somehow be the work of terrorists? Maybe they are not letting us know all the facts? What has there been now across the globe, about 20 train wrecks in the last 6 months? Maybe, I am exaggerating and I have not bothered to research it, but it does seem like there has been many, when prior it didn't happen very often at all.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

If it was terrorist we would hear from them... Silence from terrorist organisation equals unfortunate accidents.
edit on 22-10-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Reminds me of that hacked emergency alert, "could you would you on a train"

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Where's the humanity ATS? Seventy people most likely more suddenly
have their lives snuffed out in a horrific accident and everyone's on a
freak'n debate thread I suppose? Pathetic!

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I am so sick of the whole debate fiasco, just made for reality with no reality BS. There are more important things besides which idiot is going to sink our country further into oblivion, as if we really have any say over any of it.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I couldn't agree with you more.

top topics

join